Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    My personal fave (so far) is actually Balor.

But it probably should go to a Smackdown guy. MitB would probably be wasted on the RAW brand, given their champ only shows up 5 days a year.
    Rusev needs it before they bury him, the current gimmick is great but it’s needs a push.
    Straight Shot Mob

Quote Originally Posted by WraizeM View Post
    Rusev needs it before they bury him, the current gimmick is great but it’s needs a push.
    I'll certainly agree Rusev needs it more. Of the people announced in the match so far, he's probably the only one that needs it.

I'll certainly agree Rusev needs it more. Of the people announced in the match so far, he's probably the only one that needs it.
    Never understood why when Cena beat him he went from undefeated to jobber.
    Straight Shot Mob

Astonishing Member

better have volume around 50% LOL
    some people are gonna ripped up and bacardi the cat stopped by

https://twitter.com/WWE205Live/statu...46152143134721
    205Live

Verified account
    @WWE205Live
    Following Following @WWE205Live
    HE CAUGHT HIM! This HAS to be a turning point for @MustafaAliWWE... #205Live
    7:47 PM - 8 May 2018
    103 Retweets 433 Likes Shrivatsa PandeyMarlee FizzyMark FernandoHasantha madushanFer ��Nocturnal SpiritBashirmuazDev
    11 replies 103 retweets 433 likes
    Reply 11 Retweet 103 Like 433
    Last edited by steve2275; 05-11-2018 at 06:57 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

The word "buried" gets thrown around way too much by internet wrestling fans.

The thing is there was plenty of times where Rusev wasn't over. He was over with his initial monster push, and he's pretty over now... but there were a lot of times in the middle there where he wasnt' getting a whole lot of reaction from the audience. Not entirely his fault due him not necessarily being booked well. But he's not a case like say a Fin Balor or a Samoa Joe, where they are over regardless of how they are booked. Or at least I wouldn't say that about him in the past. If he can sustain the Rusev Day momentum then yeah... he might be a break out star.

Either way he beat Daniel Bryan clean and is in MitB... so he at least is being positioned for a big push. We'll see whether they pull the trigger or not. In the least I think he might be one of the favorites to win, based on who is in it so far. Miz doesn't need it. I'm not sure MitB works well with Braun.
    well of course, that's what bad booking and pulling rugs out from under people does, but he keeps getting over again and it's not because he gets better booking or big pushes.

he's like the anti-roman, he gets pushed because he keeps getting over where as roman gets over because he keeps getting pushed.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    well of course, that's what bad booking and pulling rugs out from under people does, but he keeps getting over again and it's not because he gets better booking or big pushes.

he's like the anti-roman, he gets pushed because he keeps getting over where as roman gets over because he keeps getting pushed.
    I don't entirely buy the notion that pushing you automatically gets you over. They are plenty of wrestlers who got big pushes but didn't end up drawing money.

Reigns got pushed, and kept on getting pushed afterwards because he proved he can draw money when he's pushed.

I'm sure WWE wishes it were as simple as you make it to be. Push a guy and he gets over. But it doesn't work out that way all the time unfortunately.

We'll see if it works out for Rusev. Right now he's over, and he's being potentially positioned as a break out star.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    The word "buried" gets thrown around way too much by internet wrestling fans.

Agree 100%

Nobody has a career that fragile that a single misstep or loss will kill it. The right booking can make anyone matter.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Rob Van Dam at the Califlower Ally Club with his new girlfriend . He discusses pot a good while....and WWE and their testing from 2001-2006 , they did not test for pot. It wasn't til Eddie Guerrero died that they did. Which as he claims was silly to do.

He also seems to be enjoying semi-retirement now and that he only had 10 matches last year and really will never be going on the road again from town to town anymore. "I'm not about that life anymore..."
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I don't entirely buy the notion that pushing you automatically gets you over. They are plenty of wrestlers who got big pushes but didn't end up drawing money.
    cool, i was never trying to sell you on that notion but yeah......nice call.

Reigns got pushed, and kept on getting pushed afterwards because he proved he can draw money when he's pushed.

I'm sure WWE wishes it were as simple as you make it to be. Push a guy and he gets over. But it doesn't work out that way all the time unfortunately.

We'll see if it works out for Rusev. Right now he's over, and he's being potentially positioned as a break out star.
    if you think roman's merch sales warrant his 5year main event push more power to you. i personally don't think he's as over or moving as much merch as he should be given the time and effort put into him.

it will only work out for rusev if they want it to, but you can always justify him not getting a big push because he won't be as over as he was before they pull the rug on him again.

if you think roman's merch sales warrant his 5year main event push more power to you. i personally don't think he's as over or moving as much merch as he should be given the time and effort put into him.

it will only work out for rusev if they want it to, but you can always justify him not getting a big push because he won't be as over as he was before they pull the rug on him again.
    If Roman is going to be the face of the company he is going to get as much hate as Cena does if not more, you are the top guy at a billion dollar company so people are going to hate backstage plus fans are going to hate because the person they like best isn’t he top dog. I don’t blame wrestlers but writers.
    Straight Shot Mob

You're the one arguing that Roman gets over because he keeps getting pushed. As I said, pushing someone doesn't necessarily get you over. You have to actually be good enough to draw money when they push you... and IF you can draw when they push you, then you deserve to be pushed because that's the point. He wouldn't be in this position 5 years and running if he wasn't able to do that.

As far as him not selling as much as he should... he's selling more than anyone other than anyone other than Cena. The only person in competition with him is the guy wearing the WWE title on the Smackdown brand. So not shocking, the two top faces on both brands are the top selling full time workers. Again, pretty much what one would expect.

As for Rusev... they could want it to work for him and it still might not work. All they can do is give him the opportunity. And not everyone in the lockeroom gets an opportunity. Hopefully we'll be one of them. We'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by WraizeM View Post
    If Roman is going to be the face of the company he is going to get as much hate as Cena does if not more, you are the top guy at a billion dollar company so people are going to hate backstage plus fans are going to hate because the person they like best isn’t he top dog. I don’t blame wrestlers but writers.
    this is true, but that doesn't mean there aren't plenty of people on the roster that could/would do better in roman's position.

the main point being WWE is being stubborn about roman, they've been trying to force it with roman for years and still not getting the desired result. people can make xcuses or pretend roman is the only option and we all get it, WWE will be fine but the fact is roman is not as big a star as cena was at this point in his mega-push regardless of his merch sales which seem to be his biggest defense.

You're the one arguing that Roman gets over because he keeps getting pushed. As I said, pushing someone doesn't necessarily get you over. You have to actually be good enough to draw money when they push you... and IF you can draw when they push you, then you deserve to be pushed because that's the point. He wouldn't be in this position 5 years and running if he wasn't able to do that.
    yeah, that's roman. at what point did i say that will work for everybody??

roman is good enough to be over when pushed consistently for years

As far as him not selling as much as he should... he's selling more than anyone other than anyone other than Cena. The only person in competition with him is the guy wearing the WWE title on the Smackdown brand. So not shocking, the two top faces on both brands are the top selling full time workers. Again, pretty much what one would expect.

As for Rusev... they could want it to work for him and it still might not work. All they can do is give him the opportunity. And not everyone in the lockeroom gets an opportunity. Hopefully we'll be one of them. We'll see.
    and just like a zack ryder he did it all without the WWE marketing machine completely behind him too.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 05-13-2018 at 05:29 AM.