Thread: Wrestling WWE

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I saw a couple hundred tickets for the event on StubhHub and Seat Geek for double the original ticket prices. I would be heavily be suspect of the sell out when the only confirmed match is Cody vs Magus for the NWA title. The confirmed performers are guys who regularly compete in RoH/NJPW.
    They'll wait and start putting out more the closer to the event it gets. Just having the Bucks and Cody talking about how the event is a sell-out will be pretty effective at price-gouging the desperate fans who think they'll be missing out.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I'd agree Roman was pushed too early... I think the problem is they're probably making the same mistake with Braun as he's greener than Roman is (IMO at least).

I do however think calling Brock "Vinces" boy is legit given Brock shows up to work like 6 times a year for lord only knows how many millions of dollars a year. Any wrestler in the lockeroom has valid reason to call Brock out on that.
    it is legit to call him that but when it's said by roman, it's hilarious due to him being pushed that damn hard for the last 4 years. now if it was someone like dean, who before his injury was wrestling more than almost anyone in the company, had said it? then it would be a lot more effective.

and i'm not gonna say that braun is better than roman in terms in wrestling. but at least braun has been able to connect with the crowd. something roman has yet to do.

Astonishing Member

hot damn jessamyn
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    it is legit to call him that but when it's said by roman, it's hilarious due to him being pushed that damn hard for the last 4 years. now if it was someone like dean, who before his injury was wrestling more than almost anyone in the company, had said it? then it would be a lot more effective.

and i'm not gonna say that braun is better than roman in terms in wrestling. but at least braun has been able to connect with the crowd. something roman has yet to do.
    Braun may not be the best technical guy out there, but for what he does and how he does it, he's sure a lot of fun to watch. Roman can have good matches and is a good worker, but there's just no emotion tied to him. The guy needs to be bumped down to the upper mid card and be allowed to find his own voice. Hopefully it's not too late for him.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Braun may not be the best technical guy out there, but for what he does and how he does it, he's sure a lot of fun to watch. Roman can have good matches and is a good worker, but there's just no emotion tied to him. The guy needs to be bumped down to the upper mid card and be allowed to find his own voice. Hopefully it's not too late for him.
    he was bumped down to the mid card for a while when he got a run with the IC belt and the US belt. another problem is evolution. or roman's lack of evolution. honestly...........there is no character to him. nothing for the fans to connect with. he is the big dog. but what does that mean exactly? they call seth "the architect" because he was a cunning, tactical wrestler who originally did anything to get a win. they called dean "the lunatic fringe", because he was nuts. he was unpredictable. and tough as nails. but......the big dog? that doesn't tell us much of anything about his personality. i mean, he's suppose to be righteous but often times has done things a babyface isn't suppose to do. (like nearly murdering braun). he's a powerhouse but when compared to guys like cesaro, braun, and cena, he really doesn't come off as super strong. he talks about how loyal he is to his friends and family but a lot of times in the past, he wouldn't come out to help them when they needed him. and now he's doing this "anti-authority" gimmick which really doesn't fit with what little we know about him. in other words, if he has no defined character, how can the fans connect with him?

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    Braun is fun to watch now while the company is essentially protecting him, and doing a great job of accenting his strengths and hiding his weaknesses.

I think it's only when he finally wins the belt and becomes the top face on RAW where he'll be exposed. He's not that great on the mic and not that great in the ring, so when he needs to cut those 15 minute promos at the start of raw, and when he needs to deliver a 30-30 minute straingt one on one match to main event a PPV, his short comngs will be exposed. And that's whne the internet wrestling smarts will start turning on him IMO, citing he's an example if Vinces big man fetish where he's pushing Braun ahead of more talented indy worker guys. Or at least that's how I think it'll go down. We'll see.

In a perfect world they would take their time with Braun and not rush him to the top spot since he's so green. But give now uber he's booked and how over he's gotten, they'll probably throw him to the deeper end of the pool to see if he can sink or swim sooner rather than later.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think it's only when he finally wins the belt and becomes the top face on RAW where he'll be exposed. He's not that great on the mic and not that great in the ring, so when he needs to cut those 15 minute promos at the start of raw, and when he needs to deliver a 30-30 minute straingt one on one match to main event a PPV, his short comngs will be exposed. And that's whne the internet wrestling smarts will start turning on him IMO, citing he's an example if Vinces big man fetish where he's pushing Braun ahead of more talented indy worker guys. Or at least that's how I think it'll go down. We'll see.
    If he has like a longer than 9 month reign and is having the same match every single time, I think that's a possibility. But I don't know, I don't think the majority of fans still care about good matches at the main event level. I think he'll still be over in the general audience.

They could actually stall a title reign for Braun a bit by giving him Money In the Bank, although from a character standpoint they would need to explain why he's not cashing in right away.

Since they probably won't make Strowman champ until after Brock leaves, how about this? Have Paul Heyman as Strowman's mouthpiece. It worked for Brock; it could work for Braun.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Heyman's worn out his welcome just as much as Brock has. When one goes, the other needs to disappear too.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Sounds more like they can't take the same shit they've been dishing out when they go after WWE crowds at times. Probably more than a "couple" tickets'll end up on the second-party sites like StubHub the closer to September we get just so the scalpers can fleece the marks. It may end up being easier to show up the day of the event and score a really cheap ticket, who the hell knows. The defensiveness on Twitter throughout today has been pretty fun to watch, though.
    Guess i’ll Be that guy.....

10,000 tickets sold with only a few hundred scalped. 16 weeks until the event with no card announced save for a NWA title match. I was thinking they were only going to sell maybe 4,000 tops given how the NJPW is selling.

If the defenders are salty then so are the wwe marks, and excuses are being thrown by both sides.

Regardless this is big deal and a great achievement for pro-wrestling. Shows what can still be done after decades of being told the old ways were dead.

Astonishing Member

I'd go to All-In if I lived close to Chicago! Kudos to them all!

Rousey vs. Jax at MITB?!?!?! How can they justify Ronda getting a title shot when she's 0-0 in singles matches?!?!? (And we are totally expecting Alexa and Mickie to ruin this match right?)

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Overall though, I'm happy for Cody and Young Bucks success with All In. It's a major win for indie wrestling and a much needed one. Though from the confirmed list of talent so far I don't think it will be any different from RoH/New Japan supershows unless Cody can get Billy to put more NWA guys on the show.

BANNED

who does the NWA have that's worth a damn aside from Nick Aldis?

the previous champ looks like a hockey dad

Incredible Member

Of the non NJPW and ROH names so far it looks like Joey Janela, Pentagon, Fenix, and Rey Rey.

I see a possibility of Riddle being added.

Add Walter and Io Shirai and you have all you need.

Naito and Suzuki are a must. Especially Suzuki with 10,000 fans singing kaze n nare
    Last edited by The Nuke; 05-14-2018 at 03:11 PM.

Astonishing Member

RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player