Thread: Wrestling WWE

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

The point was that they were being salty and throwing the BC jock-sniffers' logic right back at them. That's it. :/

Quote Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
    That may be the case, but from the BC fans point of view the wwe fans are just being salty. There is visual evidence of wwe attendance(which actually is only bad from a show by show basis. It’s actually up because wwe runs more shows)Yet for wwe fans to throw shade at really nothing makes them look the worse. Only a few hundred scalped.

By comparison Summerslam did 13,000 and same day 4,300 were scalped.

Anyway in other news wwe is planning to put Jinder vs Reigns in the middle of the card at MITB so as not to have walk outs or a negative reaction for Roman with the Chicago crowd. Vince has done something I never thought he’d do and created apathy for a top guy.
    I think it was sort of a given that the Money in the Bank would be the main event anyways UNLESS there was possibly a universal title match. And I kinda doubt too many fans would walk out of the Money in the Bank PPV before the actual Money in the Bank match. So honestly I'll wager the Roman/Jinder match probably would be somewhere in the middle of the show anyways.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So Jim Cornette revealed part of how Vince McMahon was able to buy Georgia Championship Wrestling and try to take the time slot. Its more the fault of Ole Anderson.

- Jim reveals that for years Jim Barnett was the key guy who helped really create a successful territory in Georgia. That from 1974-1982 it did pretty well . That Jim Crockett didn't do as well as Barnett did with Georgia. During this time Barnett would put money into the company , take it out at need be. That he was always doing this and near Christmas 1982 , Ole Anderson was able to get someone to look at the latest books on things.

- The cohost brings up that Barnett had one habit he'd do each year and once a year he'd fly to Hong Kong and have fine suits made. That it was a once a year trip and he'd have the suits made. Cornette backs this up and that while Barnett was outta the country , Ole strong armed his way in and basically got everyone to fire Barnett. That he returned home and lost his territory while that happened. That Ole convinced folks Barnett was stealing.

- Jim Barnett was someone not to **** with and got revenge on Ole later by selling his part of Georgia and going to work a few years with the WWF. That he believed in getting even and that was it.

- The effect before the sale was big as Ole just wasn't good as Barnett. Before this the talent was the Road Warriors and more. But Ole would come in fire people in a quick move. The booking went to hell as he'd have folks win and lose titles all over. Jim Cornette wonders if Ole was suffering burnout as he had been top heel for years in Georgia and been booking for over a decade.

This led to him alienating the Brisco's slowly and that led em to selling out later on.

- Ole also bought out Bill Watts 10% of Georgia. He had gotten that as a gift from coming in years earlier and booking some and sold his piece to Ole. But in the end Barnett got his revenge and went to Vince at the perfect time.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Can't wait for Miz to use tonight to point out rightly how much of an ******* Bryan truly is.

Man, I loved Nakamura/Styles tonight. Those guys work really well together. I just hope that having Nakamura win tonight doesn't lead to a rubber match kind of situation at MIB.

Ultimate Member

Hopefully Asuka destroys Carmella during their match, that's what SHOULD happen. But this is WWE so I expect them to do something dumb instead.

I continue to not be impressed with Big Cass.

Becky won a match, it's a miracle. Now watch her NOT get to build any momentum out of it.

The main even was really good.

Astonishing Member

So what's the stipulation with New Day winning? I thought there was supposed to be a tag team MITB?

I wish I could look forward to Asuka/Carmella but I know I'm not going to like the outcome.

Becky deserves to win MITB.

Loved the Nakamura/Styles match. I really want Nakamura to win the Championship.

Astonishing Member
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo2113 View Post
    So what's the stipulation with New Day winning? I thought there was supposed to be a tag team MITB?

I wish I could look forward to Asuka/Carmella but I know I'm not going to like the outcome.

Becky deserves to win MITB.

Loved the Nakamura/Styles match. I really want Nakamura to win the Championship.
    The stip for New Day/Bar was the winning team gets to send one member to the men's MITB match.

Astonishing Member

its shintigers bigger brother from another mother back again LOL
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member

Samoa Joe is the best promo guy in the WWE right now. Rarely repetitive and always on point. I am pulling for him to win the MITB.

Joe isn't just going to kill you.

He is going to strip the title off your dead carcass.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Becky won a match, it's a miracle. Now watch her NOT get to build any momentum out of it.
    I'd be cynical and say Becky is there because someone has to get pinned! (Yes I know it's a ladder match, but they'll find a way!)

I'd say Becky is a dark horse to win it.

I'm actually now going to cheer for Rusev and Lana to both win and be Mr. and Mrs. Money In the Bank! It would be a cool gimmick and actually create drama!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Where has Naomi been these last few weeks? Her absence is strange considering the show got four new heels and Becky is putting them over on her lonesome.

Extraordinary Member

Is anyone here going to the UK Championship?