Page 4296 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 3296379641964246428642924293429442954296429742984299430043064346 ... LastLast
Results 64,426 to 64,440 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

also if NJPW book somebody like tanahashi against billy gunn i'm going to be pissed.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Bret's not necessarily wrong, though I'd argue it's more the fact that a modern pro wrestling crowd doesn't have the patience to sit through a 20-minute match built around selling a leg injury.
    as an old school guy i appreciate it
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Gaijins have all the heavyweight belts. New Japan must really want to sell out the Cow Palace show.
    Also given that Jericho was faced both Omega and Naito already. I REALLY want him to go for the trifecta and have a match with Okada at some point.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

The Empress and the King of Strong Style

DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    also if NJPW book somebody like tanahashi against billy gunn i'm going to be pissed.
    Unless Tanahashi challenges for a title he's going to be in a tag match. I would like to see him challenge Jericho but it seems that EVIL will be the one to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007
    Also given that Jericho was faced both Omega and Naito already. I REALLY want him to go for the trifecta and have a match with Okada at some point.
    I want to see that as well. Be a title defense or maybe G1 if Jericho can do it.

Astonishing Member

Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    i mean the general idea that if somebody did something wrong to you that makes it's ok for you to do wrong to others to make sure it doesn't happen to you again.

also vince still basically made the same mistake again with slapnuts.

this makes me question if you know what a fact is.
    we have no idea how things would've worked out for bret had he not agreed to let vince out of their contract, or if he had simply took the money and went to WCW in 96.

i hope they stack the card, i just bought my tickets a couple of days ago. that said, should've been naito at WK.
    I think we can factually say Bret wouldn't have been paid as much had he stayed in WWE. Vince flat out admits at the time he couldn't afford to pay what WCW was willing to pay.

And I think it's also fair to say Bret wouldn't have become the most talked about wrestler at the time without the screw job. That got him a lot of attention, especially with his documentary being filmed at the time.

This was as much of a win win as Vince could create in this situation, at least in relation to what he could control. Obviously how WCW books Bret after the fact is beyond his cobtrol.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Tony Atlas discussed the Von Erich's and World Class...he also brings up a good point on why Von Erich's , Dusty Rhodes and others failed running territories.

- Tony discusses how the Von Erich's and their father had a mind set...no one can be bigger than the boys. That if someone started to get more over and be a bigger star , they'd be buried in the ring or not booked. This happened with Brian Adias who as Atlas claims one night by accident used a new thumb move to the neck. Well unknown to everyone , Kevin Von Erich had been out partying hard that night before and well...he suffered a seizure in the ring !

This led to Kevin foaming at the mouth and looking so scary Adias became a HOT heel and the sell outs hit from Houston , Dallas etc. Well after a string of sell outs suddenly all the Von Erich's started going over Adias. Killing his heat quick.

- He brings up the Ultimate Warrior who at 1st came into Dallas as a heel. Well the Warrior got huge heat and they didn't wanna kill him off so suddenly he turned face and began tagging with the Von Erich's. He then was starting to not get booked. Him and Atlas shared an apartment in Texas around this time and Warrior was heading off to Japan for a tour and once he returned , he went to work for Vince McMahon who made him a star. Tony went to Puerto Rico to work since he wasn't getting booked much either.

- Atlas discussed the mind set of these territory guys. The Von Erich's , Jerry Lawler and Dusty Rhodes ...in each part of the country they ran...the moment someone got more over ...they wouldn't push them fully and ruined it because they wanted to be top stars. That they were like , sure this guy could make me a lot of money but well , I can't do that. He cites only 2 guys who fully believed in pushing someone once they got over and wanted to make money. One is Ole Anderson. As Atlas claims Ole would say , I can draw money sure... but this guy will do better than me and I'm gonna get behind that so I can make money.

- The other guy is Vince McMahon. And as he claims Vince saw this in Stone Cold and said ...I'll do whatever it takes and make him a star for me. Atlas brings up how Vince made himself look silly at times , get beat up and even bleed to make Austin that star. Because money mattered. Guys like Dusty , Lawler and others wouldn't have done that then for someone like Austin.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

BANNED

Gaijins have all the heavyweight belts. New Japan must really want to sell out the Cow Palace show.
    selling out a good sized arena will give NJPW a nice bump in the perception department here in the US

Astonishing Member
    Last edited by steve2275; 06-09-2018 at 02:38 PM.
    Transformers TCG player

Punk is now 0-2 at UFC and looked awful in that fight
    Last edited by Gryphon; 06-09-2018 at 09:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    In the least you can say it went 3 rounds. That was mildly surprising. Not sure if that says more about PUnk or the guy he was competing against though.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

Unless Tanahashi challenges for a title he's going to be in a tag match. I would like to see him challenge Jericho but it seems that EVIL will be the one to do it.

I want to see that as well. Be a title defense or maybe G1 if Jericho can do it.
    they got enough damn titles to make that happen, but as long as mr ass isn't in the match i will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think we can factually say Bret wouldn't have been paid as much had he stayed in WWE. Vince flat out admits at the time he couldn't afford to pay what WCW was willing to pay.
    no we can't. we have no idea how things would've played out had bret stayed and renegotiated his contract(which most agree he was willing to do). he could've remained a top guy through out the attitude era and by not having his career ended in 2000 made more money over the years. he could've had programs with the rock, jericho, hhh, angle, benoit, brock, orton, cena etc.

and to go a step further it's possible that if he had stayed owen would never have had to do the blue blazer gimmick.

otoh had bret just took the quick easy money and went to WCW in 96 that opens a whole shitload of other possibilities.

yeah none of that is fact or factual.

And I think it's also fair to say Bret wouldn't have become the most talked about wrestler at the time without the screw job. That got him a lot of attention, especially with his documentary being filmed at the time.
    are you under the impression WCW gave him a bonus for getting screwed??

This was as much of a win win as Vince could create in this situation, at least in relation to what he could control. Obviously how WCW books Bret after the fact is beyond his cobtrol.
    so obvious you don't have to keep saying it.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    In the least you can say it went 3 rounds. That was mildly surprising. Not sure if that says more about PUnk or the guy he was competing against though.
    there's no positive spin that can be put on this, he lasted 3 rds because the other guy was toying with him and the other guy is a scrub. that was a humiliation plain and simple. notice no post fight interview.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-09-2018 at 11:53 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
    He actually won the fight because he came to fight.

If he wants to continue, go through amateurs and get out of Rufusports.
    INGOBERNABLES de INTER-WEB