Page 4340 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 3340384042404290433043364337433843394340434143424343434443504390 ... LastLast
Results 65,086 to 65,100 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

R3K vs. taguchi and dragon lee.

dragon lee and taguchi with the win.

now for the main event: the golden lovers vs. LIJ.

golden lovers win it.

a clinic.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Carmella is in the least doing a descent enough job getting heat. Given their current options, I can see why they would try and elevate her to fill that void.

There may be alternate options down the line with the Iconic Duo or Absolution, but they just got on the main roster. And none of them were really top heels even in developments. In part that ironically was due to Asuka. The mega push she got in NXT made it hard for too many other females to get over.

But to a degree that's Smackdowns role. To build stars RAW can use later.
    good for carmella, i don't blame her for the booking. any lack of options is their own fault, they have all the time and resources to avoid such situations.

Quote Originally Posted by titanfan View Post
    I agree, but at the same time we've seen it already. I also know that they are terrified that heel Sasha would still be cheered over Face Bayley anyway. Bayley has been getting 50/50 boos/cheers for awhile. It's somewhat the easy way out, but let's see what they can do with Bayley as a face.

There's been some hilarious stuff online as far as things heel Bayley should do.
    i don't worry so much about bayley as a heel, sasha however is a terrible face and will most likely make bayley look bad regardless.

so all 24 entrants of PWG BOLA 2018 have been announced
    Pierre Carl Ouellet (Appearing in his first BOLA and making his PWG debut)
    Brody King (Appearing in his first BOLA)
    Jody Fleisch (Appearing in his first BOLA)
    Ilja Draguov (Appearing in his first BOLA)
    Robbie Eagles (Appearing in his first BOLA)
    Joey Janela (Appearing in his second BOLA, Janela did not make it out of the first round last year)
    Puma King (Appearing in his first BOLA and making his PWG debut)
    David Starr (Appearing in his first BOLA)
    Rey Horus (Appearing in his second BOLA, Horus did not make it out of the first round last year)
    Chris Brookes (Appearing in his first BOLA and making his PWG debut)
    Matt Riddle (Appearing in his third BOLA, Riddle’s best finish was making it to the semi-finals in 2017)
    Darby Allin (Appearing in his first BOLA and making his PWG debut)
    Adam Brooks (Appearing in his first BOLA)
    Flamita (Appearing in his second BOLA, Flamita did not make it out of the first round last year)
    Jonah Rock (Appearing in his second BOLA, Rock did not make it out of the first round last year.)
    DJ Z (Appearing in his first BOLA and making his PWG debut)
    Timothy Thatcher (Appearing in his second BOLA, Thatcher did not make it out of the first round in his previous appearance in 2015)
    T-Hawk (Appearing in his first BOLA and making his PWG debut)
    CIMA (Appearing in his third BOLA, CIMA won the tournament in 2007)
    Jeff Cobb (Appearing in his third BOLA, Cobb made it to the finals last year)
    Travis Banks (Appearing in his second BOLA, Banks was a semifinalist last year)
    Bandido (Appearing in his first BOLA)
    WALTER (Appearing in his second BOLA and the reigning PWG World Champion, WALTER did not make it out of the first round last year)
    Shingo Takagi (Appearing in his second BOLA, Takagi’s previous appearance saw him make the quarter-finals back in 2007)
    pierre ouelett i've heard has been having quite the career resurgence. he's still huge and doing things guys his size usually can't, kind of the original prototype for the current indy HW's.

jody fleisch is name i haven't heard in years, had to look him up and he's in amazing shape and still moving around great. if you guys don't remember jody fleisch vs johnny storm was making big waves in the early 2000's.

ilja dragunov being in this makes me very happy, hope he makes return visits and works more in the US.

puma king is pretty cool to see listed

darby allin i think was just a matter of time

DJZ was a surprise

kind of cool to see the DG guys back, haven't kept up much with DG the last few years.

very interesting field this year for sure.
    Last edited by BigLbo; 06-30-2018 at 01:19 AM.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I want to give it up to the commentators of the CEO x New Japan show. The FGC guys provided better commentary than most of modern teams. They better Kevin Kelly and Don Callis, the trash commentary teams from main roster WWE, Impact and Lucha Underground.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    good for carmella, i don't blame her for the booking. any lack of options is their own fault, they have all the time and resources to avoid such situations.

i don't worry so much about bayley as a heel, sasha however is a terrible face and will most likely make bayley look bad regardless.

so all 24 entrants of PWG BOLA 2018 have been announced

pierre ouelett i've heard has been having quite the career resurgence. he's still huge and doing things guys his size usually can't, kind of the original prototype for the current indy HW's.

jody fleisch is name i haven't heard in years, had to look him up and he's in amazing shape and still moving around great. if you guys don't remember jody fleisch vs johnny storm was making big waves in the early 2000's.

ilja dragunov being in this makes me very happy, hope he makes return visits and works more in the US.

puma king is pretty cool to see listed

darby allin i think was just a matter of time

DJZ was a surprise

kind of cool to see the DG guys back, haven't kept up much with DG the last few years.

very interesting field this year for sure.
    You can argue they put themselves into this situation by turning a lot of their bigger name heels into faces.

And if course there's the unavoidable curve balls like Paige getting injured. If she didn't have to retire I suspect the landscape might be different.

Nonetheless, they are doing what they need to do to correct that by building up a new top heel to fill that void. You need top heels, it's as simple as that.

You can argue they put themselves into this situation by turning a lot of their bigger name heels into faces.

And if course there's the unavoidable curve balls like Paige getting injured. If she didn't have to retire I suspect the landscape might be different.
    you could if you want to make xcuses for them, and paige was only back for a blink of an eye anyways.

Nonetheless, they are doing what they need to do to correct that by building up a new top heel to fill that void. You need top heels, it's as simple as that.
    they're trying but seem pretty incompetent in the way they're going about it.
    carmella won MitB a year ago yet they're STILL doing what they need to do to build her up?? and they think putting her back with ellsworth is going to help with that?? that's right back to where she was a year ago.

but hey, at least it all makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    you could if you want to make xcuses for them, and paige was only back for a blink of an eye anyways.

they're trying but seem pretty incompetent in the way they're going about it.
    carmella won MitB a year ago yet they're STILL doing what they need to do to build her up?? and they think putting her back with ellsworth is going to help with that?? that's right back to where she was a year ago.

but hey, at least it all makes perfect sense.
    I don't think faulting them for turning some of their tip heels into faces is making excuses for them ... it's citing what is arguably a mistake on their part.

But yes .. they needed to stretch out her build up, because they didn't want Carmella cashing in because they wanted Charlotte vs Asukes for the title at Wrestlemania. To protect that, they needed to hold off Carmella's push.

Will pairing her with Ellworth help? We'll see. I think they are getting solid heat. It's also a potential way to get Asuka a protected loss at Extreme Rules if they want. I think he adds some value as part of a package.

Welp, Kenny Omega and Jebailey is catching some shit in social media for booking a registered sex offender on their show.
    Last edited by Immortal Weapon; 06-30-2018 at 10:06 AM.

Ultimate Member

I don't think faulting them for turning some of their tip heels into faces is making excuses for them ... it's citing what is arguably a mistake on their part.

But yes .. they needed to stretch out her build up, because they didn't want Carmella cashing in because they wanted Charlotte vs Asukes for the title at Wrestlemania. To protect that, they needed to hold off Carmella's push.

Will pairing her with Ellworth help? We'll see. I think they are getting solid heat. It's also a potential way to get Asuka a protected loss at Extreme Rules if they want. I think he adds some value as part of a package.
    Asuka losing at Extreme Rules would be godawful, and it wouldn't "protect" her at all. Because it'd just feed into the WWE "logic" that babyfaces are careless idiots who never learn and fall for the same tricks over and over and over again.

Again sacrificing Asuka for Carmella's sake is just dumb.

I keep hearing that WWE is trying to get NXT to air weekly on FS1. Cross-promotional content outside of Smackdown is apart of their deal with Fox so it's possible. I'm sure Fox needs content to fill that channel with UFC going to ESPN.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

So watching a video it details the aborted Austin vs Hogan , Wrestlemania match up and several theories and even Austin's own take on it.

- Austin claims at one point he was considered for Hogan at Wrestlemania 18 and even Bruce Prichard claims when Hogan came in the talk became , ok how do we get Hogan/Austin at this show ? But one theory was Austin looked back to how Hogan treated him in WCW back in mid 1990's and felt that he shouldn't work with him. Which holds a lot of evidence given the promos Austin cut in ECW impersonating him , Bischoff and Dusty Rhodes.

- Scott Hall claims Austin really didn't wanna work with him either and it was Vince's call on it. Because he could have either worked against him or Kevin Nash , with the other guy outside the ring. So Vince chose Hall for it. But as Hall claims , Austin wanted to work against Hogan.

- Austin meanwhile claims that Hogan at this stage was moving at a speed slower than him and he didn't feel they'd have a good match at this stage. That his mindset was then , well its not gonna work for me so why do this ? Which was his mindset then.

- In mid 2000's things seemed to be dusted off to do Hogan/Austin again as both men planted seeds for the program over the year or 2 leading to it. With dropping hints about this one. Anyhow Hogan was game to go on it but Austin claims he really physically didn't wanna get back in ring for it then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Asuka losing at Extreme Rules would be godawful, and it wouldn't "protect" her at all. Because it'd just feed into the WWE "logic" that babyfaces are careless idiots who never learn and fall for the same tricks over and over and over again.

Again sacrificing Asuka for Carmella's sake is just dumb.
    WWE put over Asuka… and now she's gotta pay it foreward. That's how wrestling works (or at least how it's supposed to work). Once you get established, you're often used to help establish others just as others helped establish Asuka.

Again, the simple fact right now is that they need top female heels on Smackdown. There is a void. And Carmella probably is the most logical choice, as Absolution and the Iconic Duo just got there, and Lana frankly is probably the worst worker on the roster.

In a roster with under a dozen performers, you can only protect so many people at once. It's not like the mens division where there's at least half a dozen guys on the roster whose job essentially is to lose each week to put someone else over. If they decide they need to put over a heel (which they frankly need to do), someone needs to lose to her. That's just how wrestling works. Top heels usually don't just appear out of thin air... they're built up by faces putting them over. And vice versa.
    Last edited by XPac; 06-30-2018 at 05:41 PM.

Astonishing Member

stay in wwe or go?
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player