Page 4362 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 336238624262431243524358435943604361436243634364436543664372 ... LastLast
Results 65,416 to 65,430 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Speaking of bad physical shape Mikey Whipreck back years earlier in 2010 or 2011 detailed his physical shape he was in. He had a neck surgery and is seemingly in semi retirement. And Mikey didn't work a really dangerous style. He did some high flying moves for sure but his body paid a big toll.

Last year in a podcast Mikey detailed his exit from ECW and debut in WCW in 1999. And how funny it was.

- Lance Storm brought up that him , Jerry Lynn and Mikey never had , had a 3 way match and the 3 proposed the angle to Paul E. He agreed on the angle and all 3 were starting to build to this big PPV clash that was supposed to happen at the January PPV. So Mikey had been working without being paid awhile as he claimed and WCW contacted him in December. So he called Paul to get paid and stay , because he wanted to work in ECW.

- Paul would barely talk to him , was busy and before he got off the phone told Paul he was gonna take the WCW offer . Heyman was like , well before you go , can ya do a show in Queens and put over Rob Van Dam ? Mikey was like , well I wanna put over Storm or Lynn before i go. They settled on Jerry Lynn.

- Now the comical fun begins as he is at home after signing with WCW and he gets a call , we want you at the Uncensored PPV. So Mikey is like oh man this is great I work a PPV my 1st night in. Ok that is good. So backstage he walks around and up walks Arn Anderson who goes , you got 15 minutes and go over with your finish. So Mikey is like , whoa 1st night in and I get the Cruiserweight title ?

Well he's backstage and suddenly Jimmy Hart walks over and goes , Mikey you got 8 minutes and Kidman goes over with his finish. Then he sees Dusty who he goes , baby ...25 minutes Kidman up with the finish ! No debate from him. And finally he runs into Paul Orndorf and he goes with another finish as he's like WTF is up with this company. He runs into Kidman who told him , do the last thing you were told.

- Anyhow he joked he should have hid. But the match was really good and then the next night ...he did nothing and his WCW career never did much of anything after it. Later he claims Jimmy Hart told him , well they got mad backstage. You had a better match than Virgil (Vincent) on the PPV and they buried you over it. Yes Jimmy Hart told him guys weren't happy that Stevie Ray vs Vincent followed his match and it wasn't as good.

- As a comical example of how silly WCW was , they'd sign guys to be "bodies" to just come in and if you shocked them and were better than that , they'd try and bury you. A fact that as Mikey brings up he was sitting at home not getting booked and saw Evan Karagias . As he told Jimmy , so if I grew my hair out , got me a 6 pack of abs and **** the bed in ring ...what happens ? Jimmy claims he'd get a push.

- To show how bad he wanted out by the fall of 1999 , he brings up that Karagias won the Cruiserweight title and he was like....ok I'm done here. This is getting insanely stupid. So he called Taz and asked him if he could have Paul call him about coming back. Paul E called and was like , well I'll have to bury you for a bit and then give ya something. Mikey was like that is fine by me , I just want out of WCW.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I do think wrestlers would do themselves a favor in the long run if they put a bit more emphasis on believability over dives and high spots.

With MMA bring popularized I think you can get away with more strikes and submissions now, as long as you can make it look good.

And you can still do dives and stuff ... but limiting to maybe 1-2 instead of 5-6 unless it's a big show in the long run is probably better for everyone.
    I'd be down with better subs if they weren't drawn out so much. Only so many times somebody can crawl out of a crab or sharpshooter before you know it's a rest spot.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Randy Orton and Rip Rogers tweeted something like this and it was a funny meme about the whole high spot , dives , dangerous high spot deal. They were trashed online for it. But as Rogers claimed , he's been working and training guys for 30+ years. The kids today will be lucky to survive into their 40's without major injuries and be in worse shape than Mick Foley.
    Just as the recovery from the steroid era begins, the monkey spot era will have its fair share of problems now too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Randy Orton and Rip Rogers tweeted something like this and it was a funny meme about the whole high spot , dives , dangerous high spot deal. They were trashed online for it. But as Rogers claimed , he's been working and training guys for 30+ years. The kids today will be lucky to survive into their 40's without major injuries and be in worse shape than Mick Foley.
    It does say something when the freaking Rock n Roll Expressway can still perform while guys a half of their age are retiring after getting their necks fused or whatever.

Granted it says in part they were bad with their money. But the fact they can still physically perform to some level despite arguably having a more demanding schedule says a lot.

So WWE has a thing up about the records for the women during the Revolution ... here's the 5 winningest women since it began (RAW/SMACKDOWN/PPV only):

5. Jax (41 W)
    4. Bayley (42 W)
    3. Lynch (45 W)
    2. Flair (56 W)
    1. Banks (58 W)
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

It does say something when the freaking Rock n Roll Expressway can still perform while guys a half of their age are retiring after getting their necks fused or whatever.

Granted it says in part they were bad with their money. But the fact they can still physically perform to some level despite arguably having a more demanding schedule says a lot.
    Its been said Robert Gibson was pretty smart with his money and really doesn't have to work as much. He just loves being out there and doing it still. For some like a Terry Funk its all they know. Funk has tried to walk away for decades. But its been said he'll get bored at home and decide , well time to go do a match.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    So WWE has a thing up about the records for the women during the Revolution ... here's the 5 winningest women since it began (RAW/SMACKDOWN/PPV only):

5. Jax (41 W)
    4. Bayley (42 W)
    3. Lynch (45 W)
    2. Flair (56 W)
    1. Banks (58 W)
    Wow. Go Sasha. I would have bet money Charlotte was ahead.

And Becky an d Bayley aren't THAT far behind. With Becky current push she's closing in.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

been hearing some scuttlebutt that brock's return to the UFC is nothing more than the E trying to get fans to cheer for roman. again.

at this point, i'm no longer mad. i'm just apathetic.

Wow. Go Sasha. I would have bet money Charlotte was ahead.

And Becky an d Bayley aren't THAT far behind. With Becky current push she's closing in.
    WWE booking logic, Flair was a heel champ for awhile so that means she lost in a few in non-title matches. That's probably why Alexa doesn't pop up despite almost constantly being the champ.

Astonishing Member

JDfromNY206
    Pinned by JDfromNY206
    JDfromNY206
    9 hours ago
    Please RSVP to my Extreme Rules LIVE Off The Script with Shane Douglas! https://www.facebook.com/events/265763547527926/

If you all would like to donate to Ovarian Cancer Research and show EVERYONE involved the POWER of this Podcast please do so here and follow Brian Gulish on Twitter @BrianGulish https://fundly.com/ovarian-cancer-research-fund

Support Rusty in his Bike Tour 2018 For MS! Donate here and help him reach his goal! http://main.nationalmssociety.org/si...source
    Last edited by steve2275; 07-13-2018 at 10:22 PM.
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

I'd be down with better subs if they weren't drawn out so much. Only so many times somebody can crawl out of a crab or sharpshooter before you know it's a rest spot.

Just as the recovery from the steroid era begins, the monkey spot era will have its fair share of problems now too.
    i wish submission finishes were more common in NJPW again.

5. Jax (41 W)
    4. Bayley (42 W)
    3. Lynch (45 W)
    2. Flair (56 W)
    1. Banks (58 W)
    what's the count on the losses??

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    what's the count on the losses??
    good question
    Transformers TCG player

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    He already took out Kenny. He won the US title from him. We never seen Jay interact with Tama so being in his ear would be a major asspull. Keep Jay where he is.
    Kenny being so gung-ho about recruiting a dude who bombed as hard as Jay did at WK is just about as much of an asspull. Either way, it's just spitballing and I'll leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    been hearing some scuttlebutt that brock's return to the UFC is nothing more than the E trying to get fans to cheer for roman. again.

at this point, i'm no longer mad. i'm just apathetic.
    Considering the hoops Brock has to jump through just to get cleared/ready to fight again, this is something you have to be pretty dumb to believe.

Astonishing Member

#BalorFor205live i mean balor vs itami balor vs buddy murphy balor vs mustafa ali balor vs lio rush balor vs alexander
    Transformers TCG player

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    WWE booking logic, Flair was a heel champ for awhile so that means she lost in a few in non-title matches. That's probably why Alexa doesn't pop up despite almost constantly being the champ.
    Yeah that's the thing. The babyfaces win a fair amount in unimportant matches, they just don't win when it counts. Sasha can win the title four times, but they won't let her successfully defend it EVEN ONCE. Likewise her PPV win/loss record ain't all that great. Also Becky Lynch can win matches on SD, but she never wins important ones and she cannot even get a one on one PPV match anymore.

Meanwhile the heels can lose meaningless matches, but they tend to win the feuds/big matches. Like people can say "well Alexa lost a fair amount on Raw." And I can point out "yeah but she rarely loses on PPV, rarely loses title matches, and gets the belt right back even if she does, and her win/loss record in such matches is really good."

Basically the heels tend to dominate in the biggest moments, especially when it comes to the women.

Years ago as far as wins/losses on PPV went , Chris Jericho once lost 8-9 straight PPV matches. I remember someone posted the number then and folks were stunned because they counted back and were like....ok that is a weird number to have Jericho lose.