Page 4363 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 336338634263431343534359436043614362436343644365436643674373 ... LastLast
Results 65,431 to 65,445 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Billy Gunn in an interview discussed a few things...

- He owns the Billy Gunn name now. So he can go by that name on the indies. He said the WWE could step in if he works a bigger company and uses the name. But he doesn't see that happening at any point of them doing this. But he said his wife saw the Gunn name had expired and the WWE didn't register it again so she jumped in and got him the name. He won't change his real name to that like Cody Rhodes did and he isn't knocking him for that one.

- Now back in early 2000's he ran into some issues when he left WWE and went to TNA. So he had to use a whole other name as we all know.

- His son Austin is wrestling as Austin Gunn. But Billy is gonna see where he goes and could push him to change the name. To find his own way in the business and not be "Billy Gunn's son". That he wants to be hands off as its his path , but he's gonna give him advice in business. Billy wants him to go to New Japan to the dojo and learn different things than jumping straight to the Performance Center.

- Billy brings up that his son has such charisma and he feels that Austin needs to go elsewhere awhile to be himself before he goes Performance Center. Because he's gonna be molded there. And he's seen it , guys come in like that and they have to mold and work as they'll go ...why can't I do this ? And they will get to that down the line.

- He brought up that he's older and understands now he was young and kinda a dummy back when he 1st got fired from the WWE. He joked he's been hired and fired a couple other times since. But that 1st time he was angry and went on the shoot interview trail awhile blaming everyone. Its not til he sit back way later and realized , no you dummy its you. He's 54 years old now and knows if the company doesn't have anything for you , you can't get mad. You can say , well I am good but you have to go.

- He apologized to Hunter when he came back. That with being an addict and all , played a factor ...but he won't blame that totally. That he himself was responsible for what he said then.

- Road Dogg has a role he loves backstage but he never could do that. He doesn't have patience for it and would lose his patience quick. He did love coaching and teaching at Performance Center and now does it at Dudleyz school. He works there one day a week and as time passes he plans to phase to it more.

- He brought up how the DX/New Age Outlaws came together as a full group . They saw the DX stuff and had a bigger stage and leeway. They had leeway but were slowly gaining up there and the natural progression was to merge them together. And they all fit their roles. They all had the roles and clicked. Brian and him never wanted to be leader as they had a leader in place.

Billy brings up with a smile he gets a cut of merchandise from WWE over the DX stuff. He still gets royalties from it so that is good.

- Then he brings up how silly the NWO went and like a month after they formed they had like 50+ guys there. He was like WTF ? DX however they never changed. They got older sure and some guys didn't appear as much but the overall deal was , here is DX. He claims the WWE would bring up pushing guys in but they'd fight tooth and nail to keep the group the way it was. To keep it special that way.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Yeah that's the thing. The babyfaces win a fair amount in unimportant matches, they just don't win when it counts. Sasha can win the title four times, but they won't let her successfully defend it EVEN ONCE. Likewise her PPV win/loss record ain't all that great. Also Becky Lynch can win matches on SD, but she never wins important ones and she cannot even get a one on one PPV match anymore.

Meanwhile the heels can lose meaningless matches, but they tend to win the feuds/big matches. Like people can say "well Alexa lost a fair amount on Raw." And I can point out "yeah but she rarely loses on PPV, rarely loses title matches, and gets the belt right back even if she does, and her win/loss record in such matches is really good."

Basically the heels tend to dominate in the biggest moments, especially when it comes to the women.
    I'd like to know how many of those wins and losses were by DQ or count-out. When a heel is the champ, they don't care about losing matches by DQ or count-out, as long as they keep the belt. Faces often care about losing by DQ or count-out.

Quote Originally Posted by Malvolio View Post
    I'd like to know how many of those wins and losses were by DQ or count-out. When a heel is the champ, they don't care about losing matches by DQ or count-out, as long as they keep the belt. Faces often care about losing by DQ or count-out.
    I recall Flair back in the day joking that he lost 3,000 matches and won 16.

I do think in the modern Era it's easier to book aon term heel champ than a long term face champ. Fans have shorter attention spans, but it's less of an issue when fans want the heel to drop the belt because the reaction they are supposed to have anyways.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Where were you when Jay White became the face of CHAOS?

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I recall Flair back in the day joking that he lost 3,000 matches and won 16.

I do think in the modern Era it's easier to book aon term heel champ than a long term face champ. Fans have shorter attention spans, but it's less of an issue when fans want the heel to drop the belt because the reaction they are supposed to have anyways.

A big problem arose in the 1980's as Flair did lose or wasn't booked as a credible champion in the 1980's as cable TV took over. The audience leaped to millions more watching. As someone brought up (may have been Scott Keith or one of Death of WCW guys) in the 1980's people were watching Hulk Hogan on WWF TV literally be booked as this strong face champion each week or month. Meanwhile Ric Flair on TV was either losing non-title matches or needed the 4 Horsemen heel group to save his belt at times or winning as time ran out. Then there was the "Dusty Finish" debacle.

Which while good for a heel champion in one way , was terrible in another. And in another era Flair losing and the whole Dusty Finish just alienated the crowd to believing Ric Flair wasn't a good champion. They'd see this and go , well Hogan is winning in solid fashion. Flair barely wins or retains. What really helped Flair in a way was when Dusty was fired and that next booking team decided to bring in Ricky Steamboat and just had Ric & him have a series of great epic matches considered the best in North America. Then Flair won the belt back fairly as Steamboat gave him props post match.

In today's era , well the fans for the most part know its entertainment for sure. So I think they aren't like the 80's audience that was big on early cable then.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    been hearing some scuttlebutt that brock's return to the UFC is nothing more than the E trying to get fans to cheer for roman. again.

at this point, i'm no longer mad. i'm just apathetic.
    You know what, have him beat Brock. Fine. Just have Braun cash in immediately. Kayfaybe injury him, whatever. Let Roman have a breather so he can come back fresh. He could probably use the break too.

Astonishing Member

pre pittsburgh trip
    RIP MARVEL HEROES 04.06.2013 - 27.11.2017
    Transformers TCG player

Quote Originally Posted by sirmarkus View Post
    You know what, have him beat Brock. Fine. Just have Braun cash in immediately. Kayfaybe injury him, whatever. Let Roman have a breather so he can come back fresh. He could probably use the break too.
    I'll be interesting to see if Braun cashed in Mitb in a cleaner fashion, or if he waits until the champ is vulnerable like people normally do.

He's a face monster, so that potentially changes the way he'll use it.

spoilers:
    Hogan is back in the HOF, he's also been spotted with Jimmy Hart on a plane heading to the same state as Extreme Rules.
    end of spoilers
    Last edited by jump; 07-15-2018 at 01:27 PM.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

first match of the pre-show: sin cara vs. cien.

dank words from corey.

tranquilo, bitches!

the founder of LIJ wins it.

Another good match between Almas and Sin Cara. Wonder where Almas goes from here. And I really like the double tranquil pose with Alma and Vegas.

bad connection.