Page 4393 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 339338934293434343834389439043914392439343944395 LastLast
Results 65,881 to 65,895 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post

charlotte is becoming the female roman
    While it's true you can equate Charlotte to being the female Roman, I think it's more accurate to simply say they book Charlotte as the top face. And this is how top faces get booked.

Ultimate Member

And therein lies the problem.

Ultimate Member

There should be a number of top faces alongside the "top face". It's something that Bischoff and even Russo mentioned some years ago. Make no mistake, there's always a "the guy" who is THE star but his/her being at the top shouldn't be at the expense of other superstars. Case in point was what was done to Bayley in the last Alexa feud, that pretty much her damaged irreparably. There's value in protecting other top guys/women on the roster which is something WWE has done poorly in the last few years.

As the other guys have pointed out, Roman hasn't actually dominated the roster as much as Charlotte and Alexa (the Alexa thing is one the stupidest things I've ever seen considering she's barely 5 ft and her work isn't great, the kind of heel Alexa is isn't the kind that should be booked to any sort of dominance).All the women are just transitional champions until Alexa or Charlotte come round which is pretty terrible. I don't have so much of a problem with Charlotte though because in pure wrestling terms, she's arguably the best among the women however it helps the entire product and women's division when other girls look strong. I still don't understand why Sasha had to keep dropping title back to Charlotte, it only hurt Sasha.

I remember saying very vividly saying that Becky Lynch isn't going to get the title in Summerslam because current WWE doesn't really book that way. WWE has become rather predictable when it comes to certain superstars in certain situations.
    Last edited by Username taken; 08-01-2018 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    There should be a number of top faces alongside the "top face". It's something that Bischoff and even Russo mentioned some years ago. Make no mistake, there's always a "the guy" who is THE star but his/her being at the top shouldn't be at the expense of other superstars. Case in point was what was done to Bayley in the last Alexa feud, that pretty much her damaged irreparably. There's value in protecting other top guys/women on the roster which is something WWE has done poorly in the last few years.

As the other guys have pointed out, Roman hasn't actually dominated the roster as much as Charlotte and Alexa (the Alexa thing is one the stupidest things I've ever seen considering she's barely 5 ft and her work isn't great, the kind of heel Alexa is isn't the kind that should be booked to any sort of dominance).All the women are just transitional champions until Alexa or Charlotte come round which is pretty terrible. I don't have so much of a problem with Charlotte though because in pure wrestling terms, she's arguably the best among the women however it helps the entire product and women's division when other girls look strong. I still don't understand why Sasha had to keep dropping title back to Charlotte, it only hurt Sasha.

I remember saying very vividly saying that Becky Lynch isn't going to get the title in Summerslam because current WWE doesn't really book that way. WWE has become rather predictable when it comes to certain superstars in certain situations.
    For the men's division, they certainly should have a number of top faces.

For the women, it's a bit trickier because of the size of the roster. Smackdown has like 4 face women. Charlotte is queen b. If you decide that Becky and Asuka should be booked as top faces too, that means everyone is a top face except Naiomi. If everyone is a top face, no one is a top face.

And you still need to book one top heel while you are protecting the top face. Someone has to put over that heel, at least for the big matches.

nice to meet ya! master of read's Avatar

i'd say that it has more to do with carmella than anything. as i said on riffdowns, there's nothing really wrong with carmella. it's just that..........she doesn't really stand out. as far as mic work and ring work, she's average at best. adding charlotte to the mix would spice the match up since all of mella's title matches since getting the belt have been mostly average, save for that shark cage match.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    For the men's division, they certainly should have a number of top faces.

For the women, it's a bit trickier because of the size of the roster. Smackdown has like 4 face women. Charlotte is queen b. If you decide that Becky and Asuka should be booked as top faces too, that means everyone is a top face except Naiomi. If everyone is a top face, no one is a top face.

And you still need to book one top heel while you are protecting the top face. Someone has to put over that heel, at least for the big matches.
    The lack of roster depth doesn't excuse the booking. NXT doesn't have a huge women's roster for their TV program and it doesn't suffer from the booking problems the main roster does. Bazler the top heel doesn't make everyone around her look like ****.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    i'd say that it has more to do with carmella than anything. as i said on riffdowns, there's nothing really wrong with carmella. it's just that..........she doesn't really stand out. as far as mic work and ring work, she's average at best. adding charlotte to the mix would spice the match up since all of mella's title matches since getting the belt have been mostly average, save for that shark cage match.
    Carmella is darn average. She's a good talker but being at the top should take more than just being able to talk.

I like that Mella got her chance but she's very ordinary in the ring.

My problem with Carmella is that she's taking Alexa's shtick. The promo she delivered last night was something Alexa would deliver. I don't want Mella to be Alexa light.

Ultimate Member

For some reason, CBR is double posting the heck out of everything...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    The lack of roster depth doesn't excuse the booking. NXT doesn't have a huge women's roster for their TV program and it doesn't suffer from the booking problems the main roster does. Bazler the top heel doesn't make everyone around her look like ****.
    I'm not necessarily saying it justifies good or bad booking. What I am saying is if you only have 4 faces, you probably won't gave more than 1 top face.

That said, I think even in NXT when you have 1 dominant wrestler, the rest of the division can pay the price for it. During Asuka reign, people like Nia,Nikki, the Iconic Duo and Ember never got a chance to be champ and carry the brand.

But NXT is more a well oiled machine. Usually a person wins a belt, loses it, and goes up to the main roster. So a natural void is created that needs to be filled by someone new. It always keeps things fresh, so they same booking problems don't occur that happen on the main roster.

Astonishing Member Kal-El Summers's Avatar

Eh, NXT is only an hour long and only has big shows every 3 or 4 months. It's an entirely different set of circumstances from the main roster shows.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Carmella is darn average. She's a good talker but being at the top should take more than just being able to talk.

I like that Mella got her chance but she's very ordinary in the ring.
    she's so average, i can't remember off the top of my head what her finisher or any signature moves of her.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal-El Summers View Post
    Eh, NXT is only an hour long and only has big shows every 3 or 4 months. It's an entirely different set of circumstances from the main roster shows.
    They more with their one hour than Raw can do with 3 hours.

I think the bigger issue is that WWE has to always scramble to create food top heels. When a top heel gets over, they go face, resulting in all the top talent being faces.

In a perfect world, Charlotte and Sasha would be heels. But of they turn them feel, it goes against the grain as fans want to cheer them and woyld lilely cheer them over at least half the faces they compete against.

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    They more with their one hour than Raw can do with 3 hours.
    raw has a deep talent pool. they just don't know how to use any of them properly or at all.