Page 486 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 3864364764824834844854864874884894904965365869861486 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,290 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    I remeber back in the day the IC belt was the, "Best Worker In The Company" championship. Looks like they're back to that.
    I remember when they used the IC Title to elevate certain guys up the card.

Randy Savage
    Bret Hart
    Shawn Michaels
    The Rock
    Steve Austin
    Chris Benoit
    Chris Jericho
    HHH

That is the ones off the top of my head. They used that title to elevate the guys up the card. But I think a big problem is there isn't a structure of talents you can program in spots. What worked for WCW a good long while is Bischoff had his talents in positions. He set the company up as we know with the levels of ...

Main Event
    Upper Card
    Mid-Card
    Lower Card

He basically had his levels where talent worked at. With over 5 hours of TV a week with Smackdown and RAW , why can't the company book each level successfully ? Why can't they ever get a Cruiserweight title to work. The tag team division itself has moments but can't seem to shake loose . You would think with 5 hours of TV a week they could hit the following areas perfect.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    You would think with 5 hours of TV a week they could hit the following areas perfect.
    It's called stagnation or as other people put it, "lack of competition."

It's part of the reason why I think NJPW is doing so well and starting to expand again. They can't afford to be stagnant. WWE can and does. That's why NXT is so much more fun for me to watch because they're fighting for something.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

I remember back in the day the IC belt was the, "Best Worker In The Company" championship. Looks like they're back to that.
    Not if Daniel Bryans ends up being world champion again (and it still COULD happen).

It's called stagnation or as other people put it, "lack of competition."

It's part of the reason why I think NJPW is doing so well and starting to expand again. They can't afford to be stagnant. WWE can and does. That's why NXT is so much more fun for me to watch because they're fighting for something.
    Is it just me right now, or is EVERY tag team in WWE experiencing 'dissension' right now? Golddust and Stardust, the Miz and Damien Mizdow, Big Show and Kane ...

That seems to leave only the Usos and the relatively new New Day as the only teams not split up or on the verge of splitting up due to its members being in 'infighting' angles. Unless I'm forgetting something...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Lang View Post
    Is it just me right now, or is EVERY tag team in WWE experiencing 'dissension' right now? Golddust and Stardust, the Miz and Damien Mizdow, Big Show and Kane ...

That seems to leave only the Usos and the relatively new New Day as the only teams not split up or on the verge of splitting up due to its members being in 'infighting' angles. Unless I'm forgetting something...
    the asscension, matadors, slater-gator, and cesaro/kidd.

i don't like how they ignore rikishi's pre rumpshaker days in his HoF video package. his career was more than just a flash in the pan during the attitude era.

Astonishing Member

I watched SD and I have two takeaways.

1)The Usos always put on a good show. They deserve better competition.

2)The so called turn doesnt come off as a turn and more like two heels not liking each other.

Astonishing Member

The NXT Championship pretty much took the Intercontinental Championship's place in my mind. At least in terms on how it should be handled; champion builds a name for himself, loses the title if ready to progress, and eventually joins the main event roster.

Quote Originally Posted by lancerman View Post
    This is easy. The IC champions should be someone who is viewed as a main event talent and beating them elevates the new champion. People view Warrior as a threat to Hogan. People view Nakamura as a threat to Tanahashi.

Two summers ago, when Bryan was climbing the ranks before beating Cena, he was feuding with Orton who was perceived as a main event caliber star who just happened to not be in the title picture at the moment. Beating Orton allowed the crowd to feel like Bryan was legit enough to face Cena. Why on Earth can't Randy Orton hold the IC belt? Why can't he be the top guy holding the other belt. Cena isn't in the title picture and won't be for awhile. Why not have him take the IC the belt and let Rusev, Wyatt, Barrett, Ambrose, Ziggler, etc feud with him. Then the guy that snags the belt from him gets elevated.

Brock hasn't been around defending his belt on most shows. Why isn't the IC belt getting more focus and main eventing? It's so sad that they pissed this opportunity away.
    This has been my thinking on the IC title for a very very long time. Why it hasn't been bumped up to where the World Title sat before the unification I will never understand. I think you get around a lot of this Daniel Bryan/Roman Reigns issue by having that title in that place. One of those guys could/should be carrying that belt. It gives them a credible, prestigious spot on the upper card, they get to carry around a belt, and it frees up the other character to move forward.

And no, I don't think the answer is to EVER have two world titles in one company. The last thing WWE needs is another belt thrown back into the mix. The IC title can serve the role of what the old world title was just fine, but WWE creative is incapable of booking past the main event.
    I co-host a podcast about comics. Mostly it's X-Men comics of the 90's.

Billy and Dan Read Comics!

Astonishing Member

The IC and the US title havent lost value, but the tit for tat booking has. If you put the US title on Cena and the IC on somebody you are trying to protect, you would be good. Reigns rarely loses, if he was the IC champ, I doubt they would have him job to Sin Cara.Ambrose first US title reign was about him not deserving to be champ and the SHIELD having to win for him.

Wrestlers need to stop saying that I am going to "elevate" or put "meaning" behind this title. Just fight for it, dont tell the crowd that this is a junk title. You can remix history anyway you like.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The IC and the US title havent lost value, but the tit for tat booking has. If you put the US title on Cena and the IC on somebody you are trying to protect, you would be good. Reigns rarely loses, if he was the IC champ, I doubt they would have him job to Sin Cara.Ambrose first US title reign was about him not deserving to be champ and the SHIELD having to win for him.

Wrestlers need to stop saying that I am going to "elevate" or put "meaning" behind this title. Just fight for it, dont tell the crowd that this is a junk title. You can remix history anyway you like.
    I think Cena would actually be good for the US title personally, if they decide to put it on him. That definately makes the US title a legit main event. And if it gives Cena something to do away from the World title while other guys are competing for it, all the better.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I think Cena would actually be good for the US title personally, if they decide to put it on him. That definately makes the US title a legit main event. And if it gives Cena something to do away from the World title while other guys are competing for it, all the better.

You can give him a long run with it. That way when Cena does do a job for an up and comer, that guy has this reminder that everyone can see that he beat Cena. Cnea has given the rub to a lot of people, but fans forget about it because Cena goes back to being Cena, and the guy goes on to fueding with people much lower down the card than Cena.

Back in 1998 when ECW was running Paul Heyman had his own experience where his World Champion couldn't wrestle awhile. Shane Douglas suffered a bad elbow injury (in 1998/1999 you can see him wrestling in a brace at times) and a cracked cheekbone . Well Douglas was told to take 6-8 months off. He couldn't because he was ECW World Champion so for 3-4 months they booked around Shane's injury more or less. Til he could get back in ring and work well enough with the arm brace.

During this time Paul started booking Rob Van Dam's TV Title run as big main event type stuff on PPV's and shows. Rob would main event most shows and it made the ECW TV Title a damn near prestigious title in way. Also during this Heyman had Taz create the Fuck The World title since he couldn't get Douglas in ring (Shane had him work through the Triple Threat before this).

Eventually Shane Douglas was able to return to the ring , wrestled Al Snow and then Taz at the next PPV where he put him over.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Back in 1998 when ECW was running Paul Heyman had his own experience where his World Champion couldn't wrestle awhile. Shane Douglas suffered a bad elbow injury (in 1998/1999 you can see him wrestling in a brace at times) and a cracked cheekbone . Well Douglas was told to take 6-8 months off. He couldn't because he was ECW World Champion so for 3-4 months they booked around Shane's injury more or less. Til he could get back in ring and work well enough with the arm brace.

During this time Paul started booking Rob Van Dam's TV Title run as big main event type stuff on PPV's and shows. Rob would main event most shows and it made the ECW TV Title a damn near prestigious title in way. Also during this Heyman had Taz create the Fuck The World title since he couldn't get Douglas in ring (Shane had him work through the Triple Threat before this).

Eventually Shane Douglas was able to return to the ring , wrestled Al Snow and then Taz at the next PPV where he put him over.

that was such an awesome time in ECW. taz chasing the franchise is still one of my favorite title chases ever, and RVD killing it as TV and tag team champion was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    that was such an awesome time in ECW. taz chasing the franchise is still one of my favorite title chases ever, and RVD killing it as TV and tag team champion was awesome.
    Yep it was a great time. Douglas always gets shit on by some , but the man knew how to put someone over. He not only put Taz over once at the PPV. The next week on ECW TV he put him over again.

What is sad is Taz really was in a Sting 1990 position in a sense. Where as once Flair put Sting over at the 1990 Great American Bash and made this young guy the next big star , WCW didn't have the big heels in place for him. ECW itself had suffered talent deflections and they just didn't have the big heels for Taz to work with beyond Sabu. They tried booking around that as we saw Taz face Tajiri and Bubba Ray Dudley. But after Sabu there was a drop in main event heels.

The long range plan Heyman had was Taz vs RVD. But he never got to do that due to Taz signing with WWF in late 1999.

007 girl.

I'm still unimpressed with Roman Reigns.

Can't see him beating Brock unless it's scripted that way...in which case, RAW becomes an even bigger parody than it is. Superman Punch...what a joke.

I used to watch it quite faithfully every Monday night...but now both myself and Mr. Jez tend to switch channels a bit more often. It's only saving grace for me right now is Brock Lesnar, Dean Ambrose and MizDow.
    Last edited by ultimate jezebel; 02-15-2015 at 11:03 AM.
    Kings 21:23
    And of Jezebel also spake the LORD, saying, The dogs shall eat Jezebel by the wall of Jezreel.