Page 561 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 6146151155155755855956056156256356456557161166110611561 ... LastLast
Results 8,401 to 8,415 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Except Rock has already put over Lesnar in 2002 and its not like he will be in a race to face someone he's already put over. As far as bigger star goes , Sting according to WWE logic has been gone for 13-14 years. He's not been on TV. If we judged straight up PPV's and drawing...If we put Sting's 1990's PPV's against Lesnar it would be a very close contest. (I honestly can't crunch the numbers of all the PPV's etc etc both men have done)

Basically HHH puts himself in these positions and continues to more or less. He plays the game so well. I suspect at 50 he will book himself into this position and people will still go , "But he's the biggest heel in the company still......"
    I'm still not biting your argument of Sting was big in the 90's so people should be coming out of retirement just to lose to him, and I noticed you're having to use the 90's number and not TNA's :P

I wouldn't say Triple H is the biggest heel in the company right now, Rollins and Lesnar are above him but it wouldn't have the same luster if they faced Sting.
    Last edited by jump; 02-27-2015 at 05:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2275 View Post
    bray wyatt isnt just somebody
    yeah bray is perfect for what i was talking about if only he still had a family to take big bumps and make taker look great.

Quote Originally Posted by jump View Post
    It doesn't need to be a match of the year but it needs some wrestling in it, keep in mind he left the last few years in an ambulance and he got injured last year almost instantly.
    xactly. you were agreeing with me here right??

I'm still not biting your argument of Sting was big in the 90's so people should be coming out of retirement just to lose to him, and I noticed you're having to use the 90's number and not TNA's :P

I wouldn't say Triple H is the biggest heel in the company right now, Rollins and Lesnar are above him but it wouldn't have the same luster if they faced Sting.
    lesnar is debatable but HHH is clearly above rollins. personally i think HHH/sting is already lackluster so i don't really think that's an issue.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Because its a legend match and it won't hurt Rock or Shawn Michaels in the slightest to lose to Sting ? Because its not a current wrestler being asked to put over an older guy like Sting and make him WWE World Champion ?
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Yeah this worked wonders for Jack Swagger and Cesaro...

Heyman is your best bet.
    And they should let Brock leave a year or two and build up guys for him to return and work against. They can spend that time building Reigns , Rollins , Wyatt and Ambrose if they ever book him beyond the mid-card.
    you do realize heyman was also a mouthpiece for cesaro right?? heyman didn't xactly work wonders for cesaro, axel, or the rybread either. point being yes heyman helps but they still have to book the guy properly with or w/o heyman.

Quote Originally Posted by BigLbo View Post
    yeah bray is perfect for what i was talking about if only he still had a family to take big bumps and make taker look great.

xactly. you were agreeing with me here right??

lesnar is debatable but HHH is clearly above rollins. personally i think HHH/sting is already lackluster so i don't really think that's an issue.
    I'm half agreing with you, Taker isn't able to have proper matches but he should at least attempt something otherwise what's the point.

In star power sure but right now Rollins is the best heel imo, Lesnar is a monster and (when he does show up) just fights the faces with not much else going on where as Rollins is actually being a heel. I see Triple H currently as more Vince McMahon boss type heel rather than the Triple H heel of 10+ years ago.

Because its a legend match and it won't hurt Rock or Shawn Michaels in the slightest to lose to Sting ? Because its not a current wrestler being asked to put over an older guy like Sting and make him WWE World Champion ?
    That still doesn't touch my point of asking happily retired guys coming back to face Sting for a reason beyond BECAUSE IT'S STING OMG!!!

At the end of the day Sting said a few times the WWE people he wants to face if he ever comes to the WWE are Stone Cold, Triple H and Taker. Taker is too limited to work with, Stone Cold is retired which leaves Triple H as for Michaels is said so many times he's done and happy with the way he left whilst Rock's focus is on movies but regardless those two aren't the ones Sting wanted to face.
    Last edited by jump; 02-27-2015 at 06:25 AM.

I'm half agreing with you, Taker isn't able to have proper matches but he should at least attempt something otherwise what's the point.
    the point would be making the fans happy, entertaining them while keeping taker healthy and giving somebody on the roster a high profile match at the biggest show of the year.

In star power sure but right now Rollins is the best heel imo, Lesnar is a monster and (when he does show up) just fights the faces with not much else going on where as Rollins is actually being a heel. I see Triple H currently as more Vince McMahon boss type heel rather than the Triple H heel of 10+ years ago.
    best is one thing and definitely subjective, saying he's above another suggests something about the pecking order. i agree HHH is a VKM type just he lets his ego prevent him from being as good as vince was.

i honestly can't be the only one who thinks this authority shit is waaaaaaaaaay past it's xpiration date right??

That still doesn't touch my point of asking happily retired guys coming back to face Sting for a reason beyond BECAUSE IT'S STING OMG!!!

At the end of the day Sting said a few times the WWE people he wants to face if he ever comes to the WWE are Stone Cold, Triple H and Taker. Taker is too limited to work with, Stone Cold is retired which leaves Triple H as for Michaels is said so many times he's done and happy with the way he left whilst Rock's focus is on movies but regardless those two aren't the ones Sting wanted to face.
    i with you on not seeing the appeal of coming out of retirement to lose to sting but taker isn't too limited to work with sting. it's not like sting is especially rough to work with like brock or they would have to kill each other with chairs and shit.

the point would be making the fans happy, entertaining them while keeping taker healthy and giving somebody on the roster a high profile match at the biggest show of the year.

best is one thing and definitely subjective, saying he's above another suggests something about the pecking order. i agree HHH is a VKM type just he lets his ego prevent him from being as good as vince was.

i honestly can't be the only one who thinks this authority shit is waaaaaaaaaay past it's xpiration date right??
    Fans aren't gonna be happy with matches that aren't really matches.

It's better to have heel management but yeah, The Authority is wearing thin and too similar to weaker parts of The McMahon-Helmsley era. What it really needs is a major addition like Cena or Bryan turning and joining them which wont happen.

i with you on not seeing the appeal of coming out of retirement to lose to sting but taker isn't too limited to work with sting. it's not like sting is especially rough to work with like brock or they would have to kill each other with chairs and shit.
    It's not so much about being rough to work with like Brock but needing a someone who's a worker. It's the only reason why Taker has continued on for so long by working with the likes of Michaels and CM Punk who are some of the best workers around.

Fans aren't gonna be happy with matches that aren't really matches.
    they'll be happy with the entrances, a staredown, a few cool spots, and just seeing them face off.

It's better to have heel management but yeah, The Authority is wearing thin and too similar to weaker parts of The McMahon-Helmsley era. What it really needs is a major addition like Cena or Bryan turning and joining them which wont happen.

It's not so much about being rough to work with like Brock but needing a someone who's a worker. It's the only reason why Taker has continued on for so long by working with the likes of Michaels and CM Punk who are some of the best workers around.
    this is where i disagree big time. the HBK and punk matches, especially punk were much more physical matches than they were smart matches. the story of those matches was kick out of finishers and then do more finishers. if they focused more on storytelling and psychology they could still do something very cool while not so physical. that's something taker and sting can both do in their current state.

i really can't see how the match quality in sting vs HHH can outweigh the cool factor of sting vs taker. seriously it'll get 1/2 star more from DA MELTZ, who cares??

imo the real problem with sting vs taker is deciding who's going over.

Basically its that reason honestly since as Rock claimed a few years back there was a number of guys he's never had in a match would love to do it. He listed off how he's faced Hogan , HHH , Austin ...but you can tell he was thinking of guys like Goldberg , Sting . Guys that weren't in the company then and matches at Wrestlemania he'd love to work with. I'm sure Shawn Michaels is the same way in a sense. He'd return for a Wrestlemania match not just against anyone. But the matchup he's never had before.

Beyond Undertaker , no one really thought Sting would face anyone else for years. I never heard of a list of Sting's proposed guys he'd work with. Since the only for sure Wrestlemania talk was Sting vs Taker for years . And as far as the Rock goes ...given his statement a few years back...if he wasn't busy filming and was able to , I can already say he'd be more than willing to wrestle Sting since its again a dream match and someone he's never faced before.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.

Remember the WWE video they supplied TMZ a week ago ? Well apparently the WWE never watches youtube. 2 months ago CM Punk showed on camera , Opie & Anthony the scar on his lower side where the staph infection was removed. (It would be below his tights if the mark is correct)

Cena doesn't need to beat Rusev. It's not like a significant portion of John's fanbase is going to abandon him or his detractors warm to him. His status now and for the future is pretty well set in it's state and direction.

I'm not excited to see Sting wrestle anybody anymore. The novelty of him vs Trips or Taker is years past it's expiration date. Though I guess Stinger has to work at least one WWE match for some. Just to see it. So fine, at least he is going over Hunter instead of some young guy.

Speaking of not excited, I really don't care to see 'Taker go over a promising heel young enough to be his son.

Save Orton vs Rollins and maybe the novelty factor of the IC ladder match, this looks like a card that will do nothing for the enjoyment, quality, or direction of the product. Two guys a combined 105+ likely going over. Cena overcoming the odds for the umpteenth time. Daniel Bryan in the same match with R-Truth. A raw talent at least a year from ready that even Heyman cannot make believable yet in the main event after being mia for three months.

The ingredients are present for it to be looked back on as a true low point. Certainly by 'mania standards.
    Last edited by Jadis; 02-27-2015 at 01:33 PM.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by chachi View Post
    Just announced on Smackdown, The IC belt will be defended by BNB in a ladder match vs. multiple opponents - BNB vs. R-Truth, Ziggler, Ambrose, Daniel Bryan, and Maybe Sheamus, Good old fashioned Money In the Bank type of match.
    Why? I thought this storyline was Dean/BNB? Hell in kayfabe the match should not have happened at FastLane & logically BNB should not be defending against a bunch of guys in a ladder match, who really shouldn't be involved in his problems with Dean.

The only way Bray vs Taker will be worth anything is if Bray literally kills him in the middle of the ring sets him on fire, shoots him in the head and has a lightning bolt drop down on him before Bray steals the Undertaker's essence.