Page 589 of 4395 FirstFirst ... 8948953957958558658758858959059159259359963968910891589 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,835 of 65921

Thread: Wrestling WWE

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    Low-Ki - Low-Ki was signed and used for the NXT competition show. McMahon was surprised Ki was so popular online and actually decided not to rig the online vote like he'd do in the past. Once he won NXT he had no intentions of pushing the guy and told him to say he asked for the release. Months later Low-Ki admitted that they released him but to save face for being idiots , to say he requested it.
    Ok, this one is slightly incorrect.
    Low Ki was brought in to be a masked guy to feud with Rey but Rey got hurt, so he got put in NXT.
    Rey getting hurt and creative having no ideas is why he got fucked, but they did have plans for him that got screwed by Rey's injury, he wasn't brought in to be on nxt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Guest_1001 View Post
    Yep, read about that. Apparently, Kevin Matthews' photograph of being forced to give stinkfaces naked and four different guys making these claims about DeMott aren't considered "validation". Ridiculous.
    Neither is him getting fired from deep south for doing the same shit when it was a developmental territory. Demott is an old fat man, i would fucking love if he assaulted someone and they beat the fuck out of him and claimed self defense. Bullys often stop being bullys when they get their shit kicked in.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I'd say Joe vs Steen is something they honestly are looking at doing now. In NXT it would be a hell of a lot better than what they would do on WWE TV at this point. But here is the article and link....

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/5577...joe-wwe-status
    And btw, f4wonline.com never reported that joe is expected to sign very soon, the dirt sites are making shit up again.
    What Meltzer said was, he isn't taking bookings after a certain date, and that date comes in the middle of a NJPW tour so he wouldn't be going there, and comes right around nxt tapings so it would fit that he would go there.
    But it was speculation based on a date, not confirmation that he was going.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTHAIFA View Post
    The crowd last night for Raw was smarky as hell. Only IWC darlings got pops. John Stewart had to bend over backwards to get any reaction. He did a hell of a job, I think Paul Heyman was inspired.I wouldnt take anything from their reactions. AxelMania isnt running wild

I dont get what category some are putting Rusev in. He and Samoa are playing to entirely different roles.While I compare him to Umaga for size and wrestling skill, he is completely different persona wise. The guy is in the mold of an Iron Sheik,YokoZuna,Nicoli Volkoff and so forth. He isnt in the mold of a Brock Lesnar or Goldberg.
    You are given wwe creative people way to much credit. We know that Rusev and Joe are not the same type of wrestler, but the “geniuses” at wwe will find a way to screw it up, they'll end up with two types of wrestler they feel need to be booked the same because of their similarities, and therefore will drop the ball with one of them.
    Last edited by Technopriest; 03-05-2015 at 03:26 AM.

Just stating the obvious here, but the first and most important thing Joe would have to do is lose a significant amount of weight. Otherwise I seriously doubt it matters.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Quote Originally Posted by wjowski View Post
    And what has he done since? Tell me about his great solo matches and memorable promos. Tell me about the last time he, on his own, got the crowd standing on their feet chanting his name.

Hell just tell me about his merch sales. That's how they justify the immense protection Cena enjoys.
    you're asking too much. i'm not a fan of reigns, but with all they've already invested into him it would be stupid not to protect the guy.

Honestly, I just dont expect Brock to be back. Its one of the other reason why I wanted a triple threat because I really dont think Brock is coming back, and you need another full timer that can also feel betrayed by Reigns when he aligns with Heyman

If Brock did come back, I would have battle all the number one contenders before getting another shot at Reigns. While the Authority would not like Reigns, they would absolutely hate Brock being a champ as well.Reigns being full time makes them more money(kay fabe).Every couple of months or so you would have him fight an Orton,Sheamus, or even Daniel Bryan. Big matches to build to Brock and Reigns at next Mania. You can have a top that competition between them. Reign fights Bryan one ppv and Brock fights the same guy at the next.
    now that i think of it if the authority sticks around that's going to make it a rough go for reigns as a the top heel even with heyman at his side.

Quote Originally Posted by master of read View Post
    am i the only one watching the ROH PPV?
    i forgot about it. RoH is really unappealing to me right now. their coming to california and i kind of want to go just because i've never been, then i look at what's going on and i think i'd rather catch evolve, WWN supershow, or even the king of the indies tournament.

They have no faith in them. It's that simple. If you put on the shoe that you have on superstars or main event, , you would have interesting opening.
    how sad, how much faith do you even need to let them jerk the curtain??

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Just stating the obvious here, but the first and most important thing Joe would have to do is lose a significant amount of weight. Otherwise I seriously doubt it matters.
    No, he needs to lose the weight he put on the last 2 years. Kevin Steen is NXT champ, Bray Wyatt is on the main roster. Also, Umaga was in the title picture, standards are different for Samoans and they wouldn't hire Joe expecting him to look amazing.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    No, he needs to lose the weight he put on the last 2 years. Kevin Steen is NXT champ, Bray Wyatt is on the main roster. Also, Umaga was in the title picture, standards are different for Samoans and they wouldn't hire Joe expecting him to look amazing.
    My estimate is Joe will be told to drop 25 to 30 pounds by June.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Steen has leaned down some from what I have seen. Wyatt is largely a character/mic work geared performer. Though the wisest push with the most potential, Bray is not even the best match worker from his old stable.

The image of Joe as a dominating machine type was built around a leaner Joe from his RoH and early TNA days. I realize he is not going to look like Goldberg and does not have to. But it is well early in the game to speculate about a big push from a fed that has not always meshed with TNA people well based on work he did in other feds three quarters of a decade ago.
    Kurt Angle:"Canada is lacking two things.The first is Olympic heroes,and no Ben Johnson does not count.The second is Memorial Day.We in the States celebrate our heroes by having barbecues.I realise here in Canada you can't have barbecues because you'd be attacked by a moose,a caribou or even a grizzly,it's true! Hold on a second - you'd probably be attacked by a grizzly as well.On second thought..the Grizzlies don't beat ANYBODY here in Vancouver,let alone anywhere else,it's true,it's true!"

Amazing Member

I just read an article seeking to blame the crowds for not reacting properly to WWE's product. WTF?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fireshock View Post
    I just read an article seeking to blame the crowds for not reacting properly to WWE's product. WTF?
    It's not the crowd's job to get wrestlers over. Unless Vince and co. want to start handing out free tickets.

Amazing Member

I couldn't believe what I was reading. They specified the Nashville crowd as being "dead" and basically being dumb rednecks who are too stupid to know what good wrasslin' is..... It's the entertainer's job to entertain, not put out subpar product and then blame the customer for not liking the product.

Lin Kuei Grandmaster Sub-Zero MKA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fireshock View Post
    Link?

/ten
    DBM | Sarada | Parsley

ROLL TIDE ROLL!

Amazing Member

I don't remember where I read that one, but this one blames both the crowd and WWE for Fastlane not being as good as expected. http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/t...-the-show.html

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jadis View Post
    Steen has leaned down some from what I have seen. Wyatt is largely a character/mic work geared performer. Though the wisest push with the most potential, Bray is not even the best match worker from his old stable.

The image of Joe as a dominating machine type was built around a leaner Joe from his RoH and early TNA days. I realize he is not going to look like Goldberg and does not have to. But it is well early in the game to speculate about a big push from a fed that has not always meshed with TNA people well based on work he did in other feds three quarters of a decade ago.
    TNA guys no, but Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan and CM Punk were all RoH champions, joe had that belt longer than anyone.