Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    Ngl, I'm way less of a Smallville fan and way more of a Superboy fan, so I'm somewhat torn on this.
    It's not exactly smallville..clark in smallville hated the glasses and double identities.Lois made him do it..Here he has glasses.Ofcourse he seems to need it here.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    I'm very iffy about any Chloe usage in the future given the real life issues surrounding her.
    Guess it depends on if Mack received royalties for Sullivan getting used. If she doesn’t then I don’t care, DC can do what they want. Otherwise I might be put off. But then I did buy the Complete Collection of Smallville so I can’t protest too much.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Guess it depends on if Mack received royalties for Sullivan getting used. If she doesn’t then I don’t care, DC can do what they want. Otherwise I might be put off. But then I did buy the Complete Collection of Smallville so I can’t protest too much.
    I mean, Chloe was already in Reign of the Supermen

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 5.39.44 PM.jpg

I don't think Allison Mack will get any royalties from this. She doesn't own the character.

Quote Originally Posted by CosmeticSkull View Post
    I mean, Chloe was already in Reign of the Supermen

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 5.39.44 PM.jpg

I don't think Allison Mack will get any royalties from this. She doesn't own the character.
    That was supposed to be her!?

According to the DC Wiki, yes. Another reason I believe the girl with brown hair and glasses in Harvests of Youth is Chloe. I get why they would want this version of her to look different from Mack.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

They may be trying to move Chloe away from Allison Mack so they can keep using her by changing her appearance.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    They may be trying to move Chloe away from Allison Mack so they can keep using her by changing her appearance.
    Just keep Cloe away from any story related to sects of any kind. It would be inappropriate.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Extraordinary Member

Out this week I believe.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I've kind of been looking forward to this.
    Assassinate Putin!

Superman - The Harvests of Youth (2023) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire)-009.jpgSuperman - The Harvests of Youth (2023) (digital) (Son of Ultron-Empire)-016.jpg

I wonder, is the use of the names Erica and Amy a reference to Erica Durance and Amy Adams, or just a coincidence?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    It's not exactly smallville..clark in smallville hated the glasses and double identities.Lois made him do it..Here he has glasses.Ofcourse he seems to need it here.
    Not really. It was Clark’s choice of double identity.

Martian Manhunter: Well, that was the last time. The burning sun may strengthen you, but it has the opposite effect on me. It stripped me of my powers. We both know that yours is a greater destiny. But with the fortress destroyed, you'll have to do it without Jor-El's guidance.

Clark: Or anyone else's. When I was dying, I saw my dad; he was right there in front of me. I saw my mom, and Lana, they were there too. So close, it was like I could reach out and feel them. I've written eulogies. I've seen people walk away from me, but I've never really said goodbye. I've been holding onto a life on this farm that hasn't existed for years.

Martian Manhunter: So what are you going to do?

Clark: Let it go. It's the only chance I have of finding a new one.
    Chloe: Even a dress shirt can't hide the hero in you, huh, Clark? Heck of a first day at the office.

Clark: Well, that's why I'm there -- so I can be around to help more people. Working at the Daily Planet, I'll hear about every crisis as it happens. I just wish that you were there with me. You know, now that Lex isn't running things...

Clark: If you conder compte invasion of privacy a perk. Though there was this one moment right after I told Lois the truth about me. I thought everything would be okay. Thought I could have it all, but I was wrong.

Chloe: You know, Clark, maybe you can have your cape and wear it, too. Say that Clark Kent, the unassuming journalist, buttoned up in a starched shirt and tie, but then, when he's playing the hero, he ...

Clark: steps out of the shadow into his red and blue, creating two completely separate identities?
    Even when Lois tried to convince him to disguise his Blur/Superman identity, Clark was the one who made the choice of wearing glasses as the disguise after the events of season 10 episode 14. Yes Lois played a part but Clark was the one who made the choices himself:

Clark: And I should be wearing a mask. Unfortunately, I've lived my entire life up until this point without needing one. That's why I've been so reluctant. I mean, this is the face that my parents raised. It's the face of the man that you love. And I don't want to deny who I am when I'm out there doing what I was born to do.

Lois: Then why bother with the jacket, Clark, the symbols?

Clark: When I'm out there in the red and blue, and I'm saving people, that's who I really am. And I know this is gonna sound weird, but it's not what I'm called that should define who I am. It's who I am that should define what I'm called. Clark Kent - it's...it's just a name. It's just a word. I am The Blur, and I always have been.

Lois: Clark, you can't just whip out a new costume at work.

Clark: The Blur is not the disguise, Lois. Clark Kent will be the mask.

Lois: Okay. Okay, but the only way the glasses are ever going to work...

Clark: If I adjust my behavior when I use them. I know. The world needs to believe that Clark Kent is way too normal to be...

Lois: Super.

Clark: And even though we silenced Godfrey, we shutdown Granny's orphanage, and buried Desaad underneath Belle Reve, it's not the last time we've seen Darkseid. But I'll be ready...(puts on glasses)...hiding in plain sight.

Lois: So you're willing to dial back the hometown hero and crank up the Average Joe?

Clark: If that's what it takes to be the hero the people need, (glasses slide down a little; he pushes glasses up nose in iconic fashion)...yes, Miss Lane, I am.
    Yes, he wasn’t a fan of it at first, but his experiences during the show made him realized the importance and necessity of it and he was the one who made his choices to commit to glasses and double identities, no one dragged him to do it. But it does like this follows certain takes where Clark actually needs glasses and it’s not just a “hide his secret identity” thing.

So... has anyone here read this? Is it any good? Would you recommend it?

And on a tertiary note, did Chloe end up being in it?
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Swiss army nerd

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    So... has anyone here read this? Is it any good? Would you recommend it?

And on a tertiary note, did Chloe end up being in it?
    Yeah, I've read it and liked it a lot. It's a young adult story about the most decent, earnest kid you've ever met doing his best in the face of a local tragedy. This is a great version of a teen Clark - all the goodness we expect from him, but also a nice angle on how this can be a flaw and infuriate people. But he's who you want him to be. The designs are all excellent, especially Lex and Clark. Jonathan and Martha are in it, but not the main focus or anything. Again, a good, flawed Jonathan Kent who is decent to his core.

I like that this book tried to tackle issues teens deal with today, from incel culture, online hate groups, even school shootings by way of comic bookery. I like that teen Clark feels like a teen and doesn't take a puritanical approach to sex and relationships.

Chloe is in it, but she's basically a different character entirely - a more well off popular girl who's shaded as being a little more shallow than the rest of the friend group. Chloe Sullivan in name only.

I'd recommend this, it's a nice, sad, beautiful autumn read.

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Seeing the massive success of Batman: Wayne Family Adventures, maybe it would have been better if Superman: HOY started as a Webtoon mini-series first before being released as a graphic novel, which would have helped it get more readers.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark