Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default X-Men Monday #200 – Giant-Size Anniversary Spectacular

https://aiptcomics.com/2023/04/24/x-...y-spectacular/

There's a lot of content so we'll just post stuff we find interesting as we go (some convo has started in the Teaser thread).

Preview images for Fall of X.

"Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Interesting that there's another title(s) yet to be unannounced. Betsy fans, we pray.

Cool that Dauterman has other designs to show, all characters he's never designed for before. One half of a couple may die in Dark X-Men. Sounds like we'll be getting a lot of lead up before a potential kiss in X-Men Red. Some "big boy" will have a secret crush (Kobak?).

Kate's gate situation possibly finally addressed in August's X-Men? Hmm.

So of the books I'm most interested in, not a lot was shared honestly. The CotV writer didn't give anything new really, but I am very intrigued by how he's planning to flesh them out as a society. Percy's teases on what's upcoming for Logan in the Wolverine book got me the most excited of all, as his concepts typically do (the execution, on the other hand, tends to fall short sadly). Seeing Logan running around the broader MU interacting with big names, and then the tease of a big, scary and violent "something" that's coming for Logan in Fall of X got me hype. I really, really hope this is the arc that Greg Capullo is drawing because if so it could be awesome!
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    So of the books I'm most interested in, not a lot was shared honestly. The CotV writer didn't give anything new really, but I am very intrigued by how he's planning to flesh them out as a society. Percy's teases on what's upcoming for Logan in the Wolverine book got me the most excited of all, as his concepts typically do (the execution, on the other hand, tends to fall short sadly). Seeing Logan running around the broader MU interacting with big names, and then the tease of a big, scary and violent "something" that's coming for Logan in Fall of X got me hype. I really, really hope this is the arc that Greg Capullo is drawing because if so it could be awesome!
    Yeah the Wolverine teases made my ears perk up. I love when Logan is running around interacting with the larger MU. I also liked that while the CotV society will be explored, he said it's kinda in the background so hopefully that means an abundance of time and shine for Bishop and Cable.

I'm very curious about what happens at the Gala that has nations reacting, Canada specifically.

Scott just wearing his 90's suit under his Gala clothes .

I'm sure some people probably think Guardian had that coming.

Brisson talked a lot about Canada's proximity to Krakoa & the U.S. being important... but Krakoa isn't the U.S. and is in the ocean. So what happens to the U.S. in the Gala?

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Brisson talked a lot about Canada's proximity to Krakoa & the U.S. being important... but Krakoa isn't the U.S. and is in the ocean. So what happens to the U.S. in the Gala?
    Yeah I'm very curious about that.

Also how Gerry said how lucky it is for Quicksilver to not be a mutant right now, and Iceman being in danger every time he leaves Antartica. This is the most I've looked forward to the gala.

From Brisson's answer, crazy Gala theory: someone uses the gates to move Krakoa somehow and drop it on the middle of the U.S., killing/displacing a bunch of ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post

Interesting that there's another title(s) yet to be unannounced. Betsy fans, we pray.

Cool that Dauterman has other designs to show, all characters he's never designed for before. One half of a couple may die in Dark X-Men. Sounds like we'll be getting a lot of lead up before a potential kiss in X-Men Red. Some "big boy" will have a secret crush (Kobak?).

Kate's gate situation possibly finally addressed in August's X-Men? Hmm.
    As I said in the Teaser thread, that Dark X-men panel is AMAZING. You can get the feel of the book immediately !

Apocalypse's dorky face is to die for.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Yeah the Wolverine teases made my ears perk up. I love when Logan is running around interacting with the larger MU. I also liked that while the CotV society will be explored, he said it's kinda in the background so hopefully that means an abundance of time and shine for Bishop and Cable.

I'm very curious about what happens at the Gala that has nations reacting, Canada specifically.
    Good point. I hadn't considered it that way. Glass is half full.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    As I said in the Teaser thread, that Dark X-men panel is AMAZING. You can get the feel of the book immediately !

Apocalypse's dorky face is to die for.
    Yeah this panel above is gorgeous. Alex looks so good in his t-shirt and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

Can't wait to see Apocalypse again!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    From Brisson's answer, crazy Gala theory: someone uses the gates to move Krakoa somehow and drop it on the middle of the U.S., killing/displacing a bunch of ppl.
    Like New Asgard in Oklahoma?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

So, a lot was said and then a lot wasn’t. It was more of a mixture to me.

I’m excited for X-Men Red Of Course. From I read it seems like the Great Ring has some Opinions on Genesis coming back. And from what I understand Apocalypse and Genesis will be having conflicting Ideologies. Hmm I smell Drama!!! And Poor Jon!!

As for Alpha Flight. I understood that USA and Krakoa are extremely Close Allies and maybe Canada finds it suspicious. IDK. But I will read it because I am interested.

As for Uncanny Spider-Man I guess I’ll just have to read it so I can see why Kurt is dressed like Spider-Man.

I’m excited for Iceman. Dark X-Men sounds cool but please give Havok an NEW costume I’ll keep saying it until it happens.

And as for Uncanny Avengers I’m now interested because apparently that’s not the full roster so YAY!!! And lastly I can’t wait to see Kitty Goes Ninja on Orchis. That will be Fun.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.