Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think we're overlooking one thing.

If the Brood don't get any quarters, how are they supposed to get their clothes cleaned at the laundry mat or play arcade games?
    They eat someone and steal their quarters, as is their nature.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Anybody ever read Animorphs?

Did you cheer for the Yeerks, too?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post

Did YOU read Animorphs before missing the point entirely?

No, I don't think anyone cheered for the Yeerks, much like people aren't CHEERING for the Brood. But the Yeerks were initially presented as a parasitic race of conquerors who COULDN'T be anything other than evil, because their basic nature was they were slugs who couldn't even have a civilization without taking over other sentient beings and using their bodies as puppets and tools with which to build their civilization.

And the war ended with the Andalites sharing their morphing technology....so that the Yeerks who accepted the peace treaty could use it to change their physiology and build/continue their civilization through their own efforts and labor with no further 'need' to take over other beings parasitically.

The entire POINT was that its a cop-out to act like there's such a thing as an inherently evil race of sentients whose only options are be evil and predatory or be wiped out completely for the good of everyone else.

Like.......fahklfhalfhkalhfklahfalfa.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Man, I miss War Crimes Morphs.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Did YOU read Animorphs before missing the point entirely?

No, I don't think anyone cheered for the Yeerks, much like people aren't CHEERING for the Brood. But the Yeerks were initially presented as a parasitic race of conquerors who COULDN'T be anything other than evil, because their basic nature was they were slugs who couldn't even have a civilization without taking over other sentient beings and using their bodies as puppets and tools with which to build their civilization.

And the war ended with the Andalites sharing their morphing technology....so that the Yeerks who accepted the peace treaty could use it to change their physiology and build/continue their civilization through their own efforts and labor with no further 'need' to take over other beings parasitically.

The entire POINT was that its a cop-out to act like there's such a thing as an inherently evil race of sentients whose only options are be evil and predatory or be wiped out completely for the good of everyone else.

Like.......fahklfhalfhkalhfklahfalfa.
    So...your answer is to share morphing technology with the Brood?

The Animorphs universe had a solution, because the writer allowed for it. What is the magical solution for the Brood that hasn't been discovered in the last 30 years of publication history?

And remind me: did the Yeerks that accepted becoming a nothlit (basically permanently trapped as an animal) do so willingly, or because it was better than being wiped out (ie. they lost the war)?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 04-28-2023 at 06:45 PM.

The Animorphs universe had a solution, because the writer allowed for it. What is the magical solution for the Brood that hasn't been discovered in the last 30 years of publication history?
    Has there ever been any story whee anybody even tried to help the brood?

So...your answer is to share morphing technology with the Brood?

And remind me: did the Yeerks that accepted becoming a nothlit (basically permanently trapped as an animal) do so willingly, or because it was better than being wiped out (ie. they lost the war)?
    No one cared to think about it or try until Jean

Duggan has this annoying tendency to try to humanize villains he works with.
    He did that to Malice, then to the girl from Hellfire Kids, Deathstrike, and now Brood.

Come on, let some characters just be pure evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Has there ever been any story whee anybody even tried to help the brood?
    Well, isn't that the beauty of fiction though?

If writers want to create an ultimate evil race of destructive bug-like aliens that the heroes in the story struggle to find a "solution" to help (that isn't really just an ultimatum disguised as a choice, such as with Animorphs), they totally can. Writers aren't obliged to create happy endings for "evil characters."

Of course a writer can, at any time, ass-pull a solution, akin to a deus ex machina.

And then the double-edged sword of comics, as a serial medium, is another writer can magically undo that as well.

I was, out of pure curiosity, asking BobbysWorld what their solution would be, were they to write it.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No one cared to think about it or try until Jean
    Are you going to be surprised if she doesn't succeed?
    Last edited by Bunch of Coconuts; 04-28-2023 at 09:10 PM.

Astonishing Member

Not really, but they were sort of tragic. The Ged and the Yeerks were supposed to evolve together and achieve symbiosis (like the Iskoort, who managed in the book that introduced Krayak), but Krayak tampered with their evolution somehow. Its interesting to note that it was mentioned that 300 years in the future, the Yeerks and the Iskoort would meet, which would lead the Yeerks to figuring out a better way, so Applegate didn't intend for them to be completely irredeemable.
    Last edited by king81992; 04-28-2023 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by king81992 View Post
    Not really, but they were sort of tragic. The Ged and the Yeerks were supposed to evolve together and achieve symbiosis (like the Iskoort, who managed in the book that introduced Krayak), but Krayak tampered with their evolution somehow. Its interesting to note that it was mentioned that 300 years in the future, the Yeerks and the Iskoort would meet, which would lead the Yeerks to figuring out a better way, so Applegate didn't intend for them to be completely irredeemable.
    Mmm...I don't specifically remember Crayak tampering with Yeerk evolution.

But if it takes 3,000 years for a parasitic alien race to eventually...maybe...become good? Or at least less horrible than they were? Yeah...

Are you going to be surprised if she doesn't succeed?
    No, why would I?

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    No, why would I?
    ::shrug:: Just trying to converse.

::shrug:: Just trying to converse.
    Well I dont think there will ever be a permanent solution. I think what we have now is what it will be. Most of the Brood neutralized via Broo with a sector out there still on the parasitic kill mindset. Narratively, thats the best compromise