Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Unless they explain it more later, I really wish they didn't feel a need to emphasize that she was 5 when she died. Why not leave that ambiguous? I thought she was much closer to 10 at the time. DC should really know to keep timelines vague unless there's a specific need.
    I get the feeling that the thing with Waller is going to be one of the big driving forces of this run.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Maybe thats what Rakzo had in mind when he mentioned fanservice. People want to see Roy and Lian together and it doesn't matter if it makes sense or not.
    I mean, I don't think it strains logic that much. But I think it's definitely a scene where the sentiment carries it.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Unless they explain it more later, I really wish they didn't feel a need to emphasize that she was 5 when she died. Why not leave that ambiguous? I thought she was much closer to 10 at the time. DC should really know to keep timelines vague unless there's a specific need.
    Well, if she had been 9-10 years old at the time she was killed, how old do you think Roy was then? Closer to 30 years old? How old was Roy when he first got intimate with Cheshire?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Well, if she had been 9-10 years old at the time she was killed, how old do you think Roy was then? Closer to 30 years old? How old was Roy when he first got intimate with Cheshire?
    I think most of the original sidekick generation were probably close to 30 by the time Flashpoint hit.

Issue 1 was okay, but....having it start off tying in with the events of Dark Crisis isn't really how I want a new Green Arrow series to start off.....even if it's only meant to be 12 issues?

Plus, love that the gangs all there, but....the comic should be focusing in on Ollie, not Lian on the first issue.

Lian ended up where Ollie is though - their stories are connected. Lian wasn't just a B plot that took undue prominence.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

"Extremely flawed Rebirth series"

That's an interesting choice of words......

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Lian ended up where Ollie is though - their stories are connected. Lian wasn't just a B plot that took undue prominence.
    I understand. I don't mind having a whole story arch around Lian, I like here. I just feel the first couple of issues should focus solely on Ollie to get the run up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    I understand. I don't mind having a whole story arch around Lian, I like here. I just feel the first couple of issues should focus solely on Ollie to get the run up and running.
    Looks like we'll be balancing Ollie stuff with Arrow Family in these first few issues. He might keep narrating it though.

It might actually be a smart idea to lean into the idea that Ollie isn't a loner and embraces his found (and real) family. It's a good way to distinguish himself from Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Looks like we'll be balancing Ollie stuff with Arrow Family in these first few issues. He might keep narrating it though.
    Sounds good, as long as taking the focus off Ollie doesn't hurt sales out the gate, I'm good. Happy to see all of them including Lian.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nostalgia View Post
    Sounds good, as long as taking the focus off Ollie doesn't hurt sales out the gate, I'm good. Happy to see all of them including Lian.
    I can’t see any world where the return of Lian and restoring of Roy would hurt sales.

Loved the first issue. Hope we make it past issue #6 where the mini stops. Williamson has another 24 issues already written if the sales allow it. I hope they do. I just love Ollie. Always have since I was a kid in the 1980s. Big fan here and issue #1 was great.
    "Life is too short so love the one you got cause you might get run over or you might get shot" - Sublime

Quote Originally Posted by InfamousBG View Post
    Loved the first issue. Hope we make it past issue #6 where the mini stops. Williamson has another 24 issues already written if the sales allow it. I hope they do. I just love Ollie. Always have since I was a kid in the 1980s. Big fan here and issue #1 was great.
    It's already been announced that it was extended to 12 issues.