Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Oh, this is fun.

Coming out of the Krakoan era?

X-Men:
    • Main: Phoenix, Rogue, Polaris, Sunfire, Thunderbird, Mirage, Bishop
    The only official X-Men book. They're in the driver seat and carry the main story of the X-franchise. Pure heroics.

Hellfire:
    • Court- Emma Frost, Iron Man, Xavier, Destiny, Exodus
    • Field- War Machine, Mystique, Penance, Sabra, Armor, Gentle
    A shady "goodwill" title, clean-up (/cover-up) for mutantkind across the globe. Politically charged action.

Marauders:
    • Psylocke, Talon, Gambit, Cannonball, Jubilee; Blade, Misty Knight, Quicksilver
    Street-level, essentially. More seedy environments and enemies. A noirish Fight Club.

X-Force:
    • Main: Wolverine, Shadowcat, Beast, Domino, Frenzy, Deadpool
    • Support: Deathstrike, Sabretooth, Wild Child, Grizzly, Catseye, Feral, Thornn, WolfCub, Catiana
    AKA The Hounds, AKA The Pack; Black-ops and beers. Friends and enemies join and bond over the shared trauma of horrors committed by their own hands. All here gain asylum, redemption, and family at the cost of taking out the most vicious threats.

X:
    • Storm, Iceman, Manifold, Colossus, Magik, Synch, Legion
    Global, galactic, and dimensional threats.

Uncanny Avengers:
    • Captain Krakoa (Cyclops), Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Captain Marvel, Firestar, Captain Britain, Nightcrawler
    Unity squad.

House of M (spun out of Scarlet Witch):
    • Scarlet Witch, Quicksilver, Polaris
    • Others: Black Panther, Crystal, Sunfire, Namor
    • Support: Joseph, Wiccan, Speed, Luna, Viv; Vision, Hulkling, Medusa
    A true royal family of the Marvel Universe, focused on uniting all superhuman affairs. Scarlet Witch represents the Avengers, Quicksilver represents the Inhumans, and Polaris represents the X-Men. I see this as a Game of Thrones meets Bladerunner
    Last edited by GoingGreen; 08-13-2023 at 05:09 PM.
    Queen of Mutants, Mistress of Magnetism, Magnetrix and the MII, Pestilence of the Horsemen of Apocalypse, the Krakoan Oracle and creator of the Sanctus Sacrum Tournament Key, the Threshold Seed Shaper, Brood Queen of the Fall of the House of X, Lorna Sally Dane, Ph.D., of the House of M, Polaris of the X-Men

I thought I’d bump this thread now we’re a little bit closer to having news on the next phase.
    I’ll probably revise my choices again to pair the line down to a more manageable amount of 7-person teams.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I suggested Gail Simone as one of my dream creators in my post back then... a few years later, it looks like my wish has been granted

Astonishing Member

For awhile now on twitter I've been building my wish-fulfillment post Krakoan age, the Age of Okkara, where a new Krakoa and Arakko-turned-Okkara are joined by four new options for mutantkind (and their loved ones) to choose between: a resurrected Tian, Mercator, Threshold snatched out of time before its destruction and brought to the present, and the returned Neo, revealed as descendants of Okkarans who didn't go through the rift on the orders of Okkara who predicted the coming of the demon armies and decreed the Neo had to stay to ensure certain things came to pass. Thus creating an era of intracommunity focus, conflict between different mutant nations, etc.

Anyway, there's too much to include here but I just finished my X-Factor lineup, which I'm particularly fond of cuz I love versatile powersets. It can seem like it stacks the deck too heavily but I maintain when you have so many options for how characters respond to a threat or solve a problem, it actually forces you to get creative and PICK a specific idea for them to try and commit to rather than how a lot of times when writing characters with singular, straightforward powers, the writers will still lazily just hammer through a resolution to their problem regardless if it makes much sense or is even how their power is supposed to work.

Plus, I just love obscure characters like a lot of these, and the beauty of wish fulfillment fan stuff is it doesn't have to be a realistic lineup or something editorial would be likely to actually greenlight lol.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 01-18-2024 at 12:08 AM.

I'm really excited because my friend finished a comission of my dream Marauders team.

Rogue's and Kwannon's looks are based on redesigns I did a while ago.
    This team would protect a reconstructed Genosha following the fall of Krakoa.

He’s just started an instagram account, so please if you like (@fdfcomicart)
    Last edited by Factor; 03-17-2024 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    For awhile now on twitter I've been building my wish-fulfillment post Krakoan age, the Age of Okkara, where a new Krakoa and Arakko-turned-Okkara are joined by four new options for mutantkind (and their loved ones) to choose between: a resurrected Tian, Mercator, Threshold snatched out of time before its destruction and brought to the present, and the returned Neo, revealed as descendants of Okkarans who didn't go through the rift on the orders of Okkara who predicted the coming of the demon armies and decreed the Neo had to stay to ensure certain things came to pass. Thus creating an era of intracommunity focus, conflict between different mutant nations, etc.

Anyway, there's too much to include here but I just finished my X-Factor lineup, which I'm particularly fond of cuz I love versatile powersets. It can seem like it stacks the deck too heavily but I maintain when you have so many options for how characters respond to a threat or solve a problem, it actually forces you to get creative and PICK a specific idea for them to try and commit to rather than how a lot of times when writing characters with singular, straightforward powers, the writers will still lazily just hammer through a resolution to their problem regardless if it makes much sense or is even how their power is supposed to work.

Plus, I just love obscure characters like a lot of these, and the beauty of wish fulfillment fan stuff is it doesn't have to be a realistic lineup or something editorial would be likely to actually greenlight lol.

I had so much fun figuring out who some of these characters are! Really a reminder that there’s untapped potential everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I'm really excited because my friend finished a comission of my dream Marauders team.

Very cool! Especially love Rogue’s Gala inspired look.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 03-18-2024 at 03:17 AM.

What font did u use? wanna make one of these

Into it!!

Captain Rogue

Factor, that New Mutants line-up is great. All the teams are great, but I’m bias to Husk and Chamber. :P

All the teams sound awsome.

I’m bad at choosing teams, so I’ll just sit back and gush over other people’s ideas. lol
    “Fleeing through the labyrinths with the hordes of the living dead fast upon them;
    Once again they found themselves trapped in front of the abyss.”

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    What font did u use? wanna make one of these
    The font for the names next to the character images is Faktor, the text in the blue column on the left is different versions of Helvetica Now Micro, and the large X-Factor title across the bottom is also Faktor. On the page with the character breakdowns, THE X-FACTORS text across the top is an extra bold version of Helvetica Now Micro, and all the other text on the page is just different variations of the same font.

The font for the names next to the character images is Faktor, the text in the blue column on the left is different versions of Helvetica Now Micro, and the large X-Factor title across the bottom is also Faktor. On the page with the character breakdowns, THE X-FACTORS text across the top is an extra bold version of Helvetica Now Micro, and all the other text on the page is just different variations of the same font.
    Thank you! Ill make my own "Rise of X" in a world that Krakoa is really forever (and kinda fixed)

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Very cool! Especially love Rogue’s Gala inspired look.
    Thank you It's meant to be a mix of her Gala look with elements from classic designs (there's a huge callback to Bachalo's looks with the white stripes and her costume underneath is a recolor of her 90s look)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Into it!!

Captain Rogue
    Thanks! I've always felt Rogue would have been a much more natural choice for leader of the Marauders.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    Factor, that New Mutants line-up is great. All the teams are great, but I’m bias to Husk and Chamber. :P

All the teams sound awsome.

I’m bad at choosing teams, so I’ll just sit back and gush over other people’s ideas. lol
    Glad you liked it! I actually want to redo some of them and have my friend draw the other teams homaging some classic covers. We'll see

So weird how I kind of got what I wanted in the latest episode of ‘97. Rogue and Gambit + Genosha.
    Won’t say more to avoid spoilers, but I really wish we had a book like this :’(

THE OP (FACTOR) basically gave a great Idea more than the X- Marvel Front office did.
    These rosters and where the story would go is fiyah!!!!
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Greycrow and Marrow working together on a team called Marauders is a chef's kiss of comic drama.