Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I think sometimes characters just need a bit of time off after being so mishandled (I didn't put Guardian in AF for the same reason). Since this would take place right after FoX, I chose to add other characters instead.
    Even so, I still wanted to include Beast somehow, so I thought it would be nice to have a classic version of him join the Exiles to help rehabilitate the character's image.
    But I could see him as a good fit for X-factor down the line. He'd be at home alongside Iceman and Angel.
    Oh, okay, I was just afraid my response might've come off as douchey. I just came off twitter reading some #xspoilers and the amount of people dumping on Beast was upsetting. I won't turn this into another whining about Beast again. This is your thread after all.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Why is so weird and confortable Marauders team and Rogue with it?
    Can Pryde stop being the Red Queen and give Rogue the boat?

First off, I love it. The energy, the art, the effort you put into posts. But D- because you didn't include Julian Keller, moving on.

About Krakoa
    Krakoa has survived the Fall of X, but the nation is more desperate than ever for guidance. With everyone having their own vision, multiple factions have formed and are now vying for power. People have lived in relative peace for now, but all those differences, the anger and worry bubble over. While there

Each book focuses on a different vision for mutants, with its own themes. The goal is to flesh out Krakoa's culture by showing many sides of its people.

Immortal X-Men
    Representing old Krakoa. A new Council has formed, lead by Charles Xavier and Emma Frost. Now that their actions have been exposed to the rest of Krakoa, they struggle to maintain their authority. Many of them rise to oppose them. Others are trying to get into their good graces, to push their own causes or claim power for themselves. Our heroes need to work with other factions, fight others, and fight betrayal, inside and out.

The cast is relatively the same, but members will drop in and out for various reasons. For example, Selene will join the Council at some point.

Possible Plots: Shaw secretly funds another faction in case they win; Destiny struggles with all the possible futures and frantically jumps from plan to plan, slowly driving herself to a mental breakdown; Emma and Charles try to work together, but they can't trust each other and are ready for betrayal at any moment; Selene is given a Council seat, in a desperate attempt to keep her on their side, rather than another faction's; Kate or Colossus is kicked off the Council because, while they're good people, they don't offer the Council enough control over others, and aren't enough of a threat if they leave; the Council decides to withhold resurrection from those who stand against them, causing Hope to dump them and turn the Five into a neutral group.

Hellions
    The Hellions represent the undesirables. Those who are looked down upon for their villainous pasts, or their unappealing mutations, or their radical beliefs. Outcasts in a world of outcasts. They're not bad guys, but they're not going to play by the old rules.

Their book consists of our band of heroes leading an underground rebellion against the Council, while struggling with many of their own extremist members. They reach out to mutants off Krakoa to get assistance, which leads them to fight various external threats.

Their base is a secret cellar attached to the Green Lagoon. Blob is the de facto leader, since this is his bar and he acts as the voice of reason. He wants genuine change and more respect for people like him. Polaris soon joins, spurred into action when she sees them as an opportunity to demand positive change. But she grows disgusted when she sees how so many of the members use the group's mission as an opportunity to cause trouble Later on, the group splinters into two groups: the Legion, and the Hellions.

Side-note: The Legionnaires fall apart due to all the chaos, being spread too thin, and the Hellions uniting to tear down the "cops." The good faction unite with the Legion to bring peace to the island, but still pursue their ideals for genuine change. The bad faction become agents of chaos, with no united vision beyond a desire to change the current status quo. Some still seek change through extreme methods, others want to get revenge on those who oppressed them, and a few just want to watch Krakoa burn.

Good guys: Blob, Polaris (briefly), Toad (nominally - he's fine with whichever side wins), Curse, Wild Child, Greycrow, Colossus, Nekra, Oya

"Bad" Guys: Nanny, Empath, Hellion (briefly), Sabretooth, Esme Cuckoo (briefly; she and her sisters spy on them on Emma's behalf, but Esme also begins to slip back into her bad habits), Glob Herman, Frenzy and Banshee (later switch sides)

Possible Plots: The Quiet Council spies on the Hellions via Krakoa and Cypher, leading them to raiding their base; Nightcrawler becomes sympathetic to their plight and secretly helps them avoid some of the Council's schemes; A reformed Beast becomes Blob's confidant, helping him keep up his spirits and stay hopeful.

New Mutants:
    I believe the children our our future.

On the surface, this book seems like a standard X-kids book: they learn about their powers, they deal with class, they have drama with each other, etc. etc. But many of them are also worried about the brewing tensions on Krakoa. Wanting to keep their students safe, the teachers train their students to defend themselves, while also dealing with outside threats. It's giving New X-Men vol. 2 vibes.

Cast: Dani, Karma, Cannonball, Escapade, Surge, Prodigy, Scout

Possible plots: The kids begin to question their teachers' actions, believing that they're repeating some of the mistakes of the older generation; some students turn to magic; Surge and Prodigy fight aggressively to protect their charges, acknowledging their past trauma and issues with each other; Dani tries to bring her squad back together, believing that they can survive and thrive if they work together.

When it comes to politics, this book will have the cast discuss the needs of the younger generation, trying not to repeat the mistakes of the previous generation, and how the effects of militarizing mutant youth is both unhealthy and necessary.

X-Factor
    The team has been torn apart. Everyone is gone, except for Eye Boy and Siryn. But with all of the backstabbing, murders and chaos on the island, it's up to X-Factor to rebuild themselves and solve the mysteries of Krakoa. Shaw will be their main villain, as they threaten to reveal some of his secrets.

Team: Eye-Boy, Siryn, Askani, Northstar, Bishop, Monet(?), Hindsight, Kitty Pryde, Psylocke, Orphan-Maker, Blink

Possible Plots: The team is entrusted with Orphan-Maker after Nanny's death, leading him to develop a friendship with Eye-Boy; Bishop clashes with Eye-Boy's naivete and idealism.

X-Force
    Wolverine and Sage team up to guide X-Force. They deal with Krakoa's external threats while everyone else is in-fighting. But occasionally, they'll get wrapped up in the chaos around the island. Mystique is the team's main villain, as she wants to acquire control over X-Force for the Council's benefit.

Team: Wolverine, Sage, Domino, Cable, Thunderbird I, Monet (if she's not on X-Factor), Forge, Mercury, Cecilia Reyes

Possible plots: Wolverine eventually hands leadership over to Cable, who can use his strategic skills and knowledge of the future to fight Destiny and uncover Mystique's machinations.

This book is about fighting corruption and trying to focus on the dangers others don't acknowledge.

Part 1/2
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Excalibur
    Betsy seeks more information on mutant magic in Otherworld and Britain. Many mutants believe that magic will help Krakoa on the path to knowledge and evolution. She
    tries to stop a war between Sevalith and Amenth, uncover the secrets behind Amenth's ancient mutant magic, and

Cast: The Braddock fam, Sheriff Whitechapel, others.

Possible plots: Betsy and Rachel are going through a rough patch, which is partially why Rachel is on X-Factor - they reunite later on.

Marauders
    An anti-human faction, they follow old Magneto's beliefs and want to take out humanity before humanity can make the first move. They travel the world like Kate's Marauders, except they're evil and hurt humans. A villain book, basically.

This book is based on flattening flatscans.

X-Men: The Phoenix Parable
    Let's revisit Leah Williams' idea for a Krakoan pantheon. Exodus leaves the Council when Hope leaves. He devotes his time to forming a religion around Hope and the Phoenix. The Phoenix appears to him in a vision and leads him to various mutants, who he believes are less important than Hope or the Phoenix, but are still cornerstones of his budding belief system.

Cast: Exodus, the Five, Shatterstar, Morrigan, Sabretooth, Stacy-X, possibly Icarus, maybe Selene? And others

Possible plots: Exodus comes to believe that Icarus is an actual angel, but the latter's past trauma with death and religion means he's unwilling to play along; Sabretooth becomes a demonic figure in the religion; Selene schemes to use deification to her benefit; Elixir feels that his position isolates him from his regular friends; some Hellions want to seek salvation through religion, while others see it as another form of oppression; Empath uses his powers to manipulate peoples' faith, in order to blackmail Exodus into making him part of his pantheon.

This book is based on religion-based systems of government and culture, people co-opting religion for their own personal gain, and how religion can affect those in times of uncertainty.

X-Men
    A standard book, divorced from the drama on Krakoa. They might get involved for an arc or two, but they're more focused on the world outside of Krakoa. Indirectly, they represent a bit of each faction.

Team: Cyclops, Hellion, Wind Dancer, Sunfire, Rictor, Iceman, Tempo
    Other: Jean Grey, Nimrod, Orchis, Omega Sentinel,

Possible plots: Jean Grey is on a solo mission in space, taking her to various planets and fighting various villains; Hellion vs Omega Sentinel; Wind Dancer's team player-ness lead her to discovering various mutant circuits between the cast members.

Wolverine: idk what to do here lol. He's already starring in X-Force. I guess solo adventures?

X-Men Red
    Baby, you don't need to change. You're fine just the way you are.

Some mini ideas:
    • Dazzler: Dazzler tries to unite the island with music, inadvertently giving birth to the creative arts scene on Krakoa.
    • Wolverine: Beast's Rage: Beast is resurrected with his Avengers-era memories, but Wolverine is keeping an eye on him and kill him should he revert to his darker ways. This is all about redeeming Beast and having him deal with the events of X-Force.
    • Wolverine: Laura Kinney: Laura decides to leave Krakoa to focus on the people others are too busy to oversee: the downtrodden, the victims, and the powerless outside of Krakoa. While following a human trafficking ring, she gets involved with a grand conspiracy that pits her against several big-name villains.
      Fallen Angels: Follows a cast of mutants off Krakoa. Like the last book, except good.
      Rogue & Gambit: The duo must stop the Thieves Guild's next heist, after the Thieves Guild turns to Mephisto for a deal.
      Generation X: A Synch-lead book. He reunites the team to fight against a revived Brimstone Love.

There will later be an event around ORCHIS and their next scheme: something I haven't thought about, but I can assure you that it's really scary. Focusing on Cyclops, Wolverine, Storm and Jean, it'll involve them getting people to work together to fight off Nimrod.

The era a transitional generation and will end after a year or so. The end result will see a Quiet Council consisting of elected officials. Naturally, this means that villains and schemers can easily sneak aboard if need be. Krakoa as a nation begins to heal and progress is being made, but people are more willing to voice dissenting opinions.

After the rise comes a new era: Hellions of X. Also, the island is renamed to Kellerkoa.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Oh, okay, I was just afraid my response might've come off as douchey. I just came off twitter reading some #xspoilers and the amount of people dumping on Beast was upsetting. I won't turn this into another whining about Beast again. This is your thread after all.
    Don't worry. I've seen worse around here

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    Why is so weird and confortable Marauders team and Rogue with it?
    Can Pryde stop being the Red Queen and give Rogue the boat?
    Rogue is perfect for Marauders because she already had the edge they tried to give "Kate". I love Pryde, but I never felt totally sold on her role as captain of the Marauders.
    But Rogue as leader of a morally grey team? We've seen it and it's great. I hate how she's been reduced to the brick of whatever team she's on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    First off, I love it. The energy, the art, the effort you put into posts. But D- because you didn't include Julian Keller, moving on.
    For once I'll have to reject the D because Hellion is right there LOL.
    He's with Wind Dancer in my X-factor line-up.

In a world where the only way to have super-powers is to be born with them, Scott Summers brings together a group of mutants to defend the Earth from Magneto and his Brotherhood. Everyone else is either a part of the Brotherhood, in hiding, or powers have never manifested.

X-Men: Cyclops, Scarlet Witch, Angel, Dazzler, Warpath, Storm, Quicksilver, Blink, Namor
    X-Factor: Havok, Polaris, Justice, Firestar, Colossus, Nocturne, Moonstar, Cannonball, Petra
    X-Force: Wolverine, Kitty Pryde, Mimic, Box, Dust, Wolfsbane, Sunspot

Til's Rise of X-line:

Krakoa, baby. Rise of X sees our merry mutants overcoming the odds and making Krakoa even better than before.
    - Quiet Council is elected via psychic vote by all Krakoans like the X-Men are.
    - The Pit is done away with. Instead they have something akin to what Kurt was doing in the Altar. Humane and focused on rehabilitation.
    - The city Forge designed is built, and we look further into the mutant culture that is growing on Krakoa.
    - Resurrection Protocols are fully intact.

This would be Immortal's new focus. A general life on Krakoa book. Sometimes focus on the Council, sometimes on the Five, and sometimes on normal Krakoans.

I'd also continue having X-Men Red, based on Arakko.
    - Focus on the continued rebuilding from Uranos' devastation.
    - See whatever changes occur post-Genesis War.
    - Still have scenes with the Great Ring, but have increasing focus on average Arakkii.

For the X-Men themselves, I'm not a fan of them being based in NYC. Have them be based on Krakoa, but they still go out and fight supervillains/threats all over. My preferred roster would be:

Cyclops
    Emma
    Angel
    Storm
    Nightcrawler
    Frenzy
    Iceman
    Tempo

X-Force continues to be the mutant black ops, taking out threats in the shadows.

Wolverine (Logan)
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Sage
    Domino
    Psylocke
    Greycrow
    Magik

Of course, Wolverine would still have his solo. It'd be him doing things off Krakoa.

Now, for pure fanservice insanity that would never happen and I'm probably the only person on the planet who wants it: Threshold is rescued from the past. The entire city, and all its inhabitants, are teleported through time to present day Genosha. The ruins of Hammer Bay are wiped away by temporal energies and Threshold replaces them. The new Genosha, descended from the old, joins Krakoa and Arakko as the third great mutant nation. The three jointly restore Utopia to be a sort of mutant U.N., where representatives from all three work together and tackle threats against mutants as a whole. This would be the new X-Factor.

So the X-line as whole would be composed of:

X-Men
    Immortal X-Men
    X-Men Red
    X-Force
    X-Factor
    Wolverine

Great line-ups Factor, especially with the icons. Some excellent choices: Cecilia Reyes, Wind Dancer, Cannonball, Shola Inkose and Neal Shaara all deserve some time in the spotlight! I really like the concept of your X-Corps; it always felt like a wasted idea back in the days when there were X-Corps offices around the world. The most exciting of your books to me would probably be X-Men and Marauders.

In a previous thread, I came up with this slate of books:

Uncanny X-Men

Team Roster: Cyclops (co-leader), Jean Grey (co-leader), Shadowcat, Nightcrawler, Wolverine (Logan), Synch

Hoping to restore trust and return the X-Men firmly to the path of following Xavier's dream, Cyclops and Jean assemble a team of experienced X-Men to act as superheroes in defence of both human and mutant interests. Shadowcat and Nightcrawler are glad to get back to basics, having seen the corruption in the Quiet Council that eroded their belief in Krakoa. Wolverine is happy to follow Cyclops and Jean's leadership but acts as the team's 'edge' when needed. Synch has earned his place on the flagship team and continues to develop as a key member. Part of their mission includes re-establishing ties with human allies such as Stevie Hunter, now a prominent pro-mutant politician, and the superhuman community as a whole.

X-Men Infinity

Team Roster: Storm (leader), Bishop, Sunspot, Cannonball, Smasher, Havok, Polaris

Krakoa is gone, but Storm believes that her role as Regent of Sol still serves a purpose. She sees the need for an expansion of Xavier's dream - coexistence not just with humans, but with alien races as well. Embarking on an intergalactic peace tour, she recruits Bishop as a trusted lieutenant, while Sunspot brings Cannonball and Smasher into the fold. Havok feels lost on Earth and sees the team as a chance to find himself and his role amongst mutantkind. Polaris is selected by Storm due to her experience in Shi'ar space and accepts because she wants to honour her father's sacrifice.

X-Men

Team Roster: Hope Summers (leader), Wind Dancer, Hellion, Surge, Dust, Wolverine (Laura), Elixir

The younger generation of X-Men have seen the older generation fight, squabble and corrupt their way to failure on multiple occasions. Now, they're ready to take the reins. Hope recruits a band of Academy X students to form their own version of the X-Men, one with the same mission statement as Cyclops and Jean's team but with a more proactive approach and some aversion to the ways of the experienced heroes they believe have made too many mistakes to be relied upon. This would essentially be a new version of the original X-Force, with Hope assuming Cable's role and the Academy X kids filling in for the New Mutants.

X-Force

Team Roster: Professor X (leader), Forge, Emma Frost, Magik, Colossus, Cable, Revanche

Krakoa gave amnesty to a whole host of villains who are now off the leash. Xavier saw his Krakoan dream fail and he doesn't want the world to have to pay the price. He recruits valued allies to help him hunt down and detain those who return to their villainous ways: Colossus, who is enraged by the way he was manipulated by his brother; Magik, who is looking out for her brother and sees this new mission as an extension of her duty as a former War Captain; and Forge, who continues to act as a close ally and confidante of Xavier. Xavier has promised that there will be no more secrets, but Emma and Cable bring themselves on board to make sure that is the case and to keep him in line if necessary. To that end, Emma enlists Revanche as her own secret ally within the squad.

Exiles

Team Roster: Mystique, Destiny, Rogue, Gambit

Mystique and Destiny were burned by Krakoa but are driven by Destiny's visions to take action to protect mutantkind. The world at large still sees them as villains, and sometimes they are - but that's why Rogue and Gambit have tagged along with them, making sure that they don't cross any moral lines while navigating a strange pseudo-family dynamic.

S.T.R.I.K.E.

Team Roster: Captain Britain (Brian; leader), Psylocke (Betsy), Pete Wisdom, Wolfsbane, Mirage, Banshee

Having reclaimed the mantle of Captain Britain, Brian is recruited to lead the superhuman division of the revived S.T.R.I.K.E., with Pete Wisdom as a founding member. Banshee and Wolfsbane sign up to be part of his team, with Mirage following her best friend across the pond. Betsy assumes leadership of the organisation's Psi Division and acts as a mentor and Nick Fury-esque figure to a number of psi-sensitive agents. They are embroiled in gritty spy dramas that take a number of the team out of their comfort zone.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

I probably spent more time than I should on this, but it was fun. So here goes mine:

[PART 1]

About Krakoa

After Fall of X, I'd want Krakoa to still be around, but with some caveats:
    - Resurrection is now limited to mutants who were victims of hate crimes or heroes fallen in action.
    - People can't be brought back several times anymore because Earth's resources are limited and cosmic expansion would lead to war.
    - Krakoa is now a democracy. Citizens elect 8 representantives for the new Infinite Council, who will decide on matters of Outreach (Summer), Stability (Fall), Survival (Winter) and Evolution (Spring)
    - Most villains show their true colors and are voted out of the Council. Shaw, Exodus and Selene become a force of political opposition, trying to gather new followers.
    - Not every book would be about Krakoa anymore. There would be more space for independent teams and agendas.
    - There would be a return to the franchise's goal of peaceful coexistence. Krakoa would be a safe haven for mutants everywhere, but there would be a growing trend of reintegration into "human" society.
    I love your ideas! A good way to keep the amazing changes of this era but correcting some plot point that render the story and the interactions with the larger MU. I would give the council 9 representatives. I would have only 8 books (maybe some solos) with a very simples and direct concept.

Quiet Council
    Dealing of all the political and philosophical aspects of mutantkind.
    Emma Frost, Callisto, Destiny, Exodus, Sunspot, Namor, Genesis, Nightcrawler and Hope.

X-Men
    The main representative team of mutants on Earth. Their headquarters is in Geneva, next to the UN.
    Cyclops (co-leader)
    Jean Grey (co-leader)
    Bishop
    Wolverine (Laura)
    Magik
    Iceman
    Tempo

Uncanny X-Men
    The team based on Mars. Their main mission is to defend earth from all space threats.
    Storm (co-leader)
    Magneto (co-leader)
    Colossus
    Fisher King
    Iska
    Cable
    Hepzibah
    Ch'od

New Mutants
    Team in charge of scouting, rescuing and teaching new mutants.
    Moonstar (co-leader)
    Cannonball (co-leader)
    Synch
    Jubilee
    Elixir
    Catseye
    Anole

X-Force
    The mutant secret services.
    Sage (leader)
    Wolverine (Logan)
    Prodigy
    Domino
    Psylocke
    Greycrow
    Shattestar
    Cable

X-Factor
    Team in charge of auditioning and training the mutants who want to make it as superheroes.
    Banshee (co-leader)
    Dazzler (co-leader)
    Longshot
    Pixie
    Quentin Quire
    Christian Frost
    Frenzy
    Jumbo Carnation

Exiles
    A team of mutant intergalactic explorers trying to gather information on all the mutants outside our galaxy.
    Betsy Braddock (co-leader)
    Forge (co-leader)
    Mystique
    Feral
    Northstar
    Strong Guy
    Archangel

X
    Team in charge of defending our universe and exploring and handling all that is Multiversal.
    Kitty Pryde (co-leader)
    Captain Britain (co-leader)
    Meggan
    Tempus
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Polaris
    Askani

I would try and give everybody new modernized uniforms that take inspirations from their past most iconic looks.
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 04-26-2023 at 08:39 AM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Factor, you absolute unit. I freakin' swoon whenever you make these sick graphics with these killer rosters and such sensational premises. GAWD I live for this fan stuff. Really terrific well thought out beautiful assemblies here. Makes me wish big.

Factor, I would buy these books, every single one of them! Well done!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Incredible Member

Krakoa is reunited with Arako on Mars and Okara is the new capital of the solar system heavily backed up by Shiar technology thanks to an alliance forged by charles xavier and a revived Lilandra.

All diplomatic affairs between Okara and the mutants of earth are handled by the Starjammers.Back on earth, the x-men are back in the Xavier’s Mansion, as the front face mutant super hero team. But not all x-men are interested in getting back to the old days of running a school. The uncanny x-men operate from the australian outback, tracking and heroically fighting worldwide threats while X-force takes a more secretive and shadowy path against villainous forces. x-factor is back as Madrox’s investigative team and Excalibur will be facing multiversal menaces from the Braddock island in UK.

Starjammers:

Havok
    Polaris
    Sunfire
    Frenzy
    Cable
    Sunspot
    Rachel

X-Men

Cyclops
    Storm
    Jean
    Shadowkat
    Mirage
    Iceman
    Cannonball

Uncanny X-men

Wolverine
    Gambit
    Rogue
    Bishop
    Archangel
    Tempo
    Dazzler

X-force

Kwannon
    Forge
    Domino
    Deadpool
    Marrow
    Thunderbird
    Boom Boom

X-factor

Multiple Man
    Syrin
    Monet
    Rictor
    Wolfsbane
    Shard
    Quicksilver

Excalibur

Capitain Betsy
    Colossus
    Nightcrawler
    Magik
    Banshee
    Captain Avalon
    Meggan

Ultimate Member

X-MEN: by Mike Carey and Russel Dauterman
    IMMORTAL: by Kieron Gillen and Lucas Werneck
    X-FACTOR: by Kelly Thompson and Sean Izaakse
    X-CORPS: by Vita Ayala and Mahmud Asrar
    NEW MUTANTS: by Deniz Camp and Dustin Weaver
    MARAUDERS: by Gail Simone and Carmen Carnero
    X-FORCE: by Gerry Duggan and Valerio Schiti
    X-MEN RED: by Al Ewing and Stefano Caselli
    EXCALIBUR by Simon Spurrier and Paco Medina
    HELLIONS: by Steve Foxe and Jonas Scharf
    ALPHA FLIGHT: by Jim Zub and Andrea Di Vito
    EXILES: by Cullen Bunn and Jorge Molina
    + Pepe Larraz and RB Silva on special projects
    Factor's X-Factor, New Mutants, X-Men Red and Marauders seem like must-haves, but I’d be interested in at least eight of the twelve monthlies! And such fun character choices! Ruby Summers, Greycrow, Frenzy, Shola Inkose, Sunspot, Weaponless Zsen, Khora, Lodus Logos, Tempo, Cipher, Domino, Prodigy, Dust, Moonstar, Forgetmenot, Hellion, Wind-Dancer, Monet, Cypher, Synch! Gah, a feast of options!

About the only change I'd make would be swapping out Quentin for Madrox. One, Madrox would be darn useful, with his plentiful contacts, experience and skillsets. Two, Madrox is awesome. Three, Quentin belongs in a 13th book, with Glob, Doop, Beak and all the other mutants I never want to see again. :P
    Last edited by Sutekh; 04-27-2023 at 10:16 AM.

Sorry I can’t respond to everyone, but I love a lot of the ideas here!

Quote Originally Posted by Til View Post
    Til's Rise of X-line:

Krakoa, baby. Rise of X sees our merry mutants overcoming the odds and making Krakoa even better than before.
    - Quiet Council is elected via psychic vote by all Krakoans like the X-Men are.
    - The Pit is done away with. Instead they have something akin to what Kurt was doing in the Altar. Humane and focused on rehabilitation.
    - The city Forge designed is built, and we look further into the mutant culture that is growing on Krakoa.
    - Resurrection Protocols are fully intact.

Now, for pure fanservice insanity that would never happen and I'm probably the only person on the planet who wants it: Threshold is rescued from the past. The entire city, and all its inhabitants, are teleported through time to present day Genosha. The ruins of Hammer Bay are wiped away by temporal energies and Threshold replaces them. The new Genosha, descended from the old, joins Krakoa and Arakko as the third great mutant nation. The three jointly restore Utopia to be a sort of mutant U.N., where representatives from all three work together and tackle threats against mutants as a whole. This would be the new X-Factor.
    I really like your ideas! I agree that the Pit should be done away with and it would be cool seeing Forge’s city get built (it’s one of the reasons why I chose him to handle Krakoa’s evolution in my Immortal roster).
    And I’ve long wanted Genosha revived. Threshold could actually be an interesting way to have it populated again. (But I’d want it to be a nation of mutants AND humans coexisting again).

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Grayson View Post
    Great line-ups Factor, especially with the icons. Some excellent choices: Cecilia Reyes, Wind Dancer, Cannonball, Shola Inkose and Neal Shaara all deserve some time in the spotlight! I really like the concept of your X-Corps; it always felt like a wasted idea back in the days when there were X-Corps offices around the world. The most exciting of your books to me would probably be X-Men and Marauders.

In a previous thread, I came up with this slate of books:
    Thanks so much I wanted to mix popular and underused characters and I think it worked (in my head at least lol).
    As a NXM fan who is still mad about how they’ve been treated since Young X-men launched, I love the idea of having them headline the X-men book.
    Stevie Hunter returning and in such a cool role would be the best! I really miss when the X-men had cool human supporting characters.

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I love your ideas! A good way to keep the amazing changes of this era but correcting some plot point that render the story and the interactions with the larger MU. I would give the council 9 representatives. I would have only 8 books (maybe some solos) with a very simples and direct concept.

I would try and give everybody new modernized uniforms that take inspirations from their past most iconic looks.
    Thanks! I love how your teams also have such clear and concise mission statements. Your X-men is my favorite of them. I feel like a Magik/Tempo team-up would be fierce as hell, controlling space and time!
    And it would be awesome if the entire line could get redesigns. I think it’s such a missed opportunity that in the Krakoa era so few characters got new looks.
    I couldn’t stand them reusing the Marvel Girl dress and poor Rogue seems forever stuck in her yellow 90s costume when she’s had many better ones since.
    I wish every team got Kyost X-force type of redesign. It really helps building the visual identity of each comic.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Factor, you absolute unit. I freakin' swoon whenever you make these sick graphics with these killer rosters and such sensational premises. GAWD I live for this fan stuff. Really terrific well thought out beautiful assemblies here. Makes me wish big.
    You’re making me blush, Fokken!
    It’s funny you say that, because I feel the same whenever you post your art here.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post
    Factor, I would buy these books, every single one of them! Well done!
    Thanks so much. It’s so cool seeing such positive response in this little bubble.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Factor's X-Factor, New Mutants, X-Men Red and Marauders seem like must-haves, but I’d be interested in at least eight of the twelve monthlies! And such fun character choices! Ruby Summers, Greycrow, Frenzy, Shola Inkose, Sunspot, Weaponless Zsen, Khora, Lodus Logos, Tempo, Cipher, Domino, Prodigy, Dust, Moonstar, Forgetmenot, Hellion, Wind-Dancer, Monet, Cypher, Synch! Gah, a feast of options!

About the only change I'd make would be swapping out Quentin for Madrox. One, Madrox would be darn useful, with his plentiful contacts, experience and skillsets. Two, Madrox is awesome. Three, Quentin belongs in a 13th book, with Glob, Doop, Beak and all the other mutants I never want to see again. :P
    There were so many cool characters to choose from! I actually feel bad about not including some, but more than 12 teams of 8 members would be overkill.
    Marauders is also one of my favorites for sure. And also X-factor. I’ve been wanting a PR team featuring Iceman, Dazzler, Northstar and Monet for ages (I think I’ve even posted other versions of it here many years ago).

Oh and I knew Quire on X-force would be one of my least popular choices LOL. I needed a telepath for the team and I didn’t want to include Kwannon because it would just be a retread of Betsy’s time with the team, and all the other characters were either in better spots or didn’t fit the X-force vibe.
    But I want to clarify I would totally ignore Percy’s portrayal and go with something much closer to Morrison’s original take. Quire used to be much more interesting when he debuted, so I still think there’s some hope. Plus I imagine that Sage would want to keep an eye on him, so that would be one of the main reasons he’d be called back. And I’d love to see Boom Boom treat him like the shit he is every issue.

Spectacular Member

Factor! Why are you not running the X-Office? Great job!!