Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Nathaniel Gray View Post
    Factor! Why are you not running the X-Office? Great job!!
    Hahah Because the x-editors ignore all my LinkedIn invitations
    (probably because my experience is in Marketing and I’m not American LOL)

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post

Thanks! I love how your teams also have such clear and concise mission statements. Your X-men is my favorite of them. I feel like a Magik/Tempo team-up would be fierce as hell, controlling space and time!
    And it would be awesome if the entire line could get redesigns. I think it’s such a missed opportunity that in the Krakoa era so few characters got new looks.
    I couldn’t stand them reusing the Marvel Girl dress and poor Rogue seems forever stuck in her yellow 90s costume when she’s had many better ones since.
    I wish every team got Kyost X-force type of redesign. It really helps building the visual identity of each comic.

Thank you for your kind words on my choices. I loved so many thing about the Krakoa era but the costume choices felt so weird. I agree with you on Jean and Rogue and Kwannon using the bathing suit never felt right either. Here's hoping they will give Rogue and her something new and fresh that feels iconic and in character like Jean's new suit.

Just let Dautermann redesign them all! hehe
    A picture would last longer darling...

Threshold could actually be an interesting way to have it populated again. (But I’d want it to be a nation of mutants AND humans coexisting again).
    I'm pretty sure Threshold has a minority population of humans. More so than Krakoa and Arakko, at least. Also, thanks for liking my Threshold/Genosha idea. I was fully prepared to be the only person who likes it, lol.

For once I'll have to reject the D because Hellion is right there LOL.
    He's with Wind Dancer in my X-factor line-up.
    I see. You added him later down the line, in another post.

I'll change your grade then. F+, for talking back.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Give me Cable and Bishop co-leading X-Force after Children of the Vault please. Have the writer of that series (Deniz Camp) take over from Percy. Keep most of the rest of the team (Sage, Laura, Omega Red) but jettison Deadpool (as he’s in Duggan’s UA now) and Colossus (once they realize he’s mind controlled). Add Thunderbird. Boom.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I see. You added him later down the line, in another post.

I'll change your grade then. F+, for talking back.
    LOL he's been in my first post the whole time. But I'll take it

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Give me Cable and Bishop co-leading X-Force after Children of the Vault please. Have the writer of that series (Deniz Camp) take over from Percy. Keep most of the rest of the team (Sage, Laura, Omega Red) but jettison Deadpool (as he’s in Duggan’s UA now) and Colossus (once they realize he’s mind controlled). Add Thunderbird. Boom.
    I'm partial to keeping Cable in Red since he's already been with X-force for so long and Red brings new possibilities, but I DO love the Bishop pairing a lot.
    Omega Red is not for me, but this is a great team.

I’m cool with him staying in Red if Ewing actually has plans for him. If he’s just going to be background, though, I’d rather he move into a book where he’s in more of a starring role.

I’m greedy like that when it comes to my favorites I guess. Who isn’t tho?

I’m cool with him staying in Red if Ewing actually has plans for him. If he’s just going to be background, though, I’d rather he move into a book where he’s in more of a starring role.

I’m greedy like that when it comes to my favorites I guess. Who isn’t tho?
    I totally get it! I love Ewing's work, but his current cast is way too big (actually has been since SWORD). I remember being really excited to read his take on Frenzy and she's barely there at all (which is why I would move her to Marauders).

LOL he's been in my first post the whole time. But I'll take it
    OH MY FUG

Sorry sorry sorry. I was staring at the OP for like 10 minutes, trying to find it. Then I realized I had images blocked and fug

sorry sorry. You can keep the F+ and I'll take the L
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

I totally get it! I love Ewing's work, but his current cast is way too big (actually has been since SWORD). I remember being really excited to read his take on Frenzy and she's barely there at all (which is why I would move her to Marauders).
    Yeah, Ewing needs a second X-book. Maybe after Fall of X. (Hey, there's always hope, right?)

I would be down for like a Nova Force. A combination of X-force and Nova where x-force is doing the duty of nova corps with official sanctions. Cable/Bishop/Nova(Richard) and fill in the blanks with the base on Arr
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-27-2023 at 07:50 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    OH MY FUG

Sorry sorry sorry. I was staring at the OP for like 10 minutes, trying to find it. Then I realized I had images blocked and fug

sorry sorry. You can keep the F+ and I'll take the L
    There clearly needs to be *even more* Hellion! If Wolverine can appear in multiple books and even sometimes on multiple teams, so should Julian, since he's objectively better.

Classic Julian can be on, say, two teams. Old Man Julian can be on another, from some utopian future (no crappy dystopia's for this guy, he wouldn't let it get that bad!). Younger 'Jules' Keller from a different timeline, where his powers kicked in at birth, and he's a scary early teen (with an eyepatch, just because). And the inevitable reverse-gender clone Julia Keller, who favors telekinetic weapons a la Psylocke, like some sort of green energy-armored knight, whom classic Julian finds very sexually confusing, 'cause "of course I'd be hot as a girl, but I'm not even sure what I'm feeling right now..."

Unglaublich!

One of the things I always liked about the Morlocks was that they would always pull the X-Men up on having "the pretty mutants." Which, for the most part, is absolutely true. I always had this idea of the X-Men who couldn't easily pass for human banding together as a sort of splinter group... above-ground Morlocks, if you like... trying to be "out there" and showing the general populace that, just because you look different, it shouldn't mean that you are treated differently (be that in a positive or negative way).

Kind of an expansion on Lobdell's original idea for Gene Nation ("We're here - deal with it!") and, I suppose, a riff on today's mindset of "Anyone can be who they want and, if you don't like it, you don't have to verbalise that opinion."

The irony being that, by grouping so many non-human looking mutants together, the message starts to become "We don't even fit in with the regular X-Men!" without meaning to. This team becomes the new Morlocks (just the same as the OG Morlocks) by accident!

Members:

Nightcrawler (leader)
    Chamber
    Marrow
    Lifeguard
    Anole
    Rockslide
    Hellion
    Pixie
    Transonic

Nightcrawler thinks he has the right idea, tying into all the abuse he's taken from "normal humans" over the years and even from his own teammates in his early days. He wants to go public and end the prejudice once and for all.

Chamber joins up because he just can't catch a break anywhere. Whether it's trying to live a normal-ish life as part of Sugar Kane's entourage or attempting to teach inclusion at the Jean Grey School, he's had enough of being on the periphary and wants to finally find somewhere he can be a "freak amongst freaks."

Marrow's seens all sides. From being shunned and angry as part of Gene Nation to being exploited as a member of Weapon X, she's tried everything to be accepted. But now she just wants to be out there and Kurt's gonna have a tough time curbing her more militant instincts.

Lifeguard has never managed to make peace with her brother or with her Shi'ar heritage. She never asked for this life. When offered a chance to show the world at large that they have nothing to fear from a 6'6" golden, winged powerhouse, she thinks it could be the thing to sway Davis' mind back in her favour.

Anole simply wants to be Anole, whatever that may entail. He wants to be a face and a force for change and he likes the sound of Kurt's ideas about how to make that happen.

Rockslide's still on the outside of everything after his resurrection. He's never had a problem with who and what he is but, after X Of Swords, he's finding more and more people are wary of his new "Wrongslide" persona. He can't explain his changes to them because he doesn't understand them himself, but he so desperately wants to feel part of something again.

Hellion is there for Santo. He still suffers from his rage and insecurities about losing his hands, but he's refused to have a resurrection body modified so he can have them back for reasons he's yet to explain to anyone. Ultimately though, his best friend needs him and so he's in this team, and woe betide anyone who uses the name Wrongslide in his earshot...

Pixie's still the same bubbly persona she's always been, but she has big wings and ebony eyes and she's not about to hide those from anyone. Doesn't hurt to have a mass teleporter on hand either, but can she bring more than that to this team...?

Transonic misses the deep connection she used to have with Hope Summers. She doesn't understand why they're not close any more... is it because she was the "obvious" mutant in the Five Lights and Hope secretly enjoys the company of more "regular" people? She's scared to ask in case that's the answer so, when Kurt offers her a chance to be "a freak amongst freaks" (her words, not his), she jumps at it.

Creative team:

Scott Lobdell
    Pepe Larraz

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yeah, Ewing needs a second X-book. Maybe after Fall of X. (Hey, there's always hope, right?)
    That would be ideal! Would love for Ewing to have a second X-title so X-men Red isn’t so crowded.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I would be down for like a Nova Force. A combination of X-force and Nova where x-force is doing the duty of nova corps with official sanctions. Cable/Bishop/Nova(Richard) and fill in the blanks with the base on Arr
    Well, Cable is an Agent of S.W.O.R.D. now. So how about an Agents of S.W.O.R.D. book which includes Nathan, Bishop and maybe a few others and they interact with Nova and the Nova Corps? Among others. That could be cool IMO.

Add Moonstar and I'd be in for sure. Nova Corps doesn't exist anymore. One of the reasons Rich is in therapy.