Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Prof X bites it after trying to utilize a hive mind to defeat Mother Righetous Dominion, lives are lost. Jean intervenes with the Phoenix Force and saves Krakoa.

TO virus is purged from the island. Sage and Forge take on roles of Beast and Cypher.

Cyclops and Jean have schism based on removing the evil villains from their place in Krakoa, and philanthropic acts.

Jean's UXM, Storm's XM Red, and Betsy's Excalibur stand unified while Cyclops XM, Havoks Hellions, and Cables SWORD are on the other side of things believing they're taking step backward and work around the darker side of things.

XForce, New Mutants, and Marauders all bounce between both factions. With double agents across all teams.

UXM - Phoenix, Angel, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Jubilee, Synch, random fan VOTE (S)- Global ambassadors. Jean XM are elected fully and also work as Council.
    XMRed- Storm, Sunspot, Polaris, Iceman, Firestar, Thunderbird, Madrox - keep Arraki at bay, space diplomacy, need powerhouses
    Excalibur- Captain Britain, Colossus, Askani, Magma, Captain Avalon, Rasputin - Otherworld and magic fun, Apocalypse is ally or not? Adventures together but is he using them?

XM- Cyclops, Rogue, Bishop, Emma, teenaged Vulcan, Mystique - vengeful and proactive, taking down threats like Orchis. Simliar to Cyclops UXM under Bendis. Rogue keeping eye on everyone,
    SWORD- Cable, Hope, Exodus, Destiny, Manifold, Xandra - SoS fall out vibes, cable & destiny playing at intergalacic long game
    Hell******* Havok, Maddie, Sebastian Shaw, Magik, Wild Child, Marrow- Limbo based, Magik quelling issues, Sebastian dealing with Mother Righteous to Hell

UXM vs XM, XMRed vs SWORD, Hellions vs Excalibur-- not ongoing, but keep coming up across each other in their efforts on same turf. Eventual blow up battle for each. I like the 3 powerhouse X-Women ready to go against a misguided Summers.

XForce- Wolverine, Monet, Warpath, Domino, Vanisher, BoomBoom - secret ops for both teams, Logan threats.
    New Mutants- Mirage, Cannonball, Husk, Chamber, Pixie, Anole, rotating characters -ambassadors to youth, rehab image- maybe NXM spinoff on Krakoa
    Marauder- Shadowcat, Gambit, Tempo, Hellion with new codename, Jubilee, Skin, Armor- rescue team, street level action across globe, simliar to Volume 1

Beast and Sinister maybe uneasy team up in the background, meddling and recruiting who they can that's been dejected. Spies spread across teams. Separately monitoring, but aligning as needed. Beast eventually betrays Sinister for Jean and he ends up back.

Sabretooth, Fenris, Selene all back to threats. Someone maybe forms new Brotherhood and/or Acolytes worshipping a fallen Xavier & Magneto.

Cypher, Legion, Warlock, and Blindfold have removed themselves from everything but come up against a few of the teams. That eventually plays into the Mother Righetous issue which will cause some re-unification and re-shuffling of teams.

Haven't done this in awhile, but was fun to play around and swap between each team. I feel like it's a balance but divide following the Fall.
    Last edited by Bgred37; 05-11-2023 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    X-Force
    The X-Men signed the Mutant Registration Act and accepted accountability for their future actions... however they still need a small team to operate from the shadows and strike where they can't. Monthly book.

Writer: Michel Fiffe
    Artist: Bruno Redondo

Premise: Cable assembles a team focused on stealth, intelligence and grey morals.
    Characters: Cable, Domino, Deadpool, X-23, Sage, Gambit.

Exiles
    Rachel Summers was about to get lost in the tinestream following the events of Fall of X until her mother shared half of the Phoenix Force's power, enabling her to traverse the Multiverse with the exception of Earth-616. Monthly book.

Writer: Kyle Higgins
    Artist: Nicola Scott

Premise: Askani sets out on a mission to retrieve other exiles from the 616 reality and at the same time prevent the rise of the machines, as a nod to her own Days of Future Past origins, across other realities.
    Characters: Askani, Bishop, Shard, Bloodstorm, Old Man Logan.

Wolverine
    As the only X-Man who can sustain an ongoing solo book for indefinite time, Logan should have his solo monthly adventures in close coordination with what's happening on Uncanny X-Men.

Writer: Christopher Priest
    Artist: Jae Lee
    I'd read the f@#% out of these books. Just saying.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I'd read the f@#% out of these books. Just saying.
    Thank you! I thought you might enjoy Cable's role as leader of X-Force and member of the X-Men's inner circle

Uncanny X-Men #273 was actually the inspiration for that, where the X-Men trinity of Storm, Marvel Girl and Cyclops is shown discussing the various teams' future with Cable:

I thought it would make sense to add Wolverine in there too for obvious reasons as well as Mirage: in my take, the New Mutants would graduate once and for all be all part of the Uncanny X-Men team proper, and Dani would make sense as leader of that particular group of people and leader in general.

In terms of creative teams, Michel Fiffe and Kyle Higgins are writing 2 of the best indie superhero books with Copra and Radiant Black and I would love for them to one day contribute to the mutant books. And Christopher Priest is such an underrated genius despite working in the industry for decades now and producing so many excellent books... I think his Wolverine would kick ass based on his Deathstroke book.

Oh and Bruno Redondo, Nicola Scott and Jae Lee are all fabulous artists so they were a total no-brainer for me
    Last edited by Uncanny X-Man; 05-12-2023 at 09:59 AM.

Incredible Member

My line up and pitch after a avengers x-men and guardians of the galaxy crossover called the phoenix wars.

The Sect, a group of super-powered Shiars obsessed with the prophecy that phoenix would be the destroyer of their kind manage to kill echo and contain the phoenix force within a shard of the m’kraan crystal. The cult and the prophecy was in fact a mental manipulation of an evil alliance between a revived d’ken and ronan the accuser, involving hella, deathbird and other intergalactic villains. They are able to subdue the sect and harness the phoenix power to defeat the imperial guard, conquer chandilar and dethrone xandra.

The 3 teams are dragged into the space battle joining forces with the krees and the shiar resistence. After the battle, the phoenix force splits and scatters itself trough the cosmos and the uncanny x-men decide to stay in space to pursue and contain all of its portions preventing it to goes rogue again. In the battle the phoenix force would’ve shattered betsy starlight sword severing her connection to otherworld.

The shiar empire rewards the x-men with a spaceship called utopia and the uncanny x-men start a new chapter of interestellar adventures with their newly formed space crew.

Team

Cyclops
    Storm
    Bishop
    Captain Britain
    Beast (rebooted)
    Cable
    Polaris
    Askani

The utopia crew

Forge
    Banshee
    Corsair
    Hepzibah
    Raza
    Chod
    Smasher
    Cannonball
    Last edited by crimsontt; 05-14-2023 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Thank you! I thought you might enjoy Cable's role as leader of X-Force and member of the X-Men's inner circle

Uncanny X-Men #273 was actually the inspiration for that, where the X-Men trinity of Storm, Marvel Girl and Cyclops is shown discussing the various teams' future with Cable:

I thought it would make sense to add Wolverine in there too for obvious reasons as well as Mirage: in my take, the New Mutants would graduate once and for all be all part of the Uncanny X-Men team proper, and Dani would make sense as leader of that particular group of people and leader in general.

In terms of creative teams, Michel Fiffe and Kyle Higgins are writing 2 of the best indie superhero books with Copra and Radiant Black and I would love for them to one day contribute to the mutant books. And Christopher Priest is such an underrated genius despite working in the industry for decades now and producing so many excellent books... I think his Wolverine would kick ass based on his Deathstroke book.

Oh and Bruno Redondo, Nicola Scott and Jae Lee are all fabulous artists so they were a total no-brainer for me
    Love it. You put a lot of thought into this.

X-Men:
    Leader: Dani Moonstar
    Jubilee : Monet : Maggot : Hellion: Juggernaut : Prodigy

My thinking: Last two were added because of the 2023 Hellfire Gala. I probably wouldn't have thought to add them otherwise but they seem like good choices. Maggot won me over in that Infinity comic where he wanted to do more than be used as clean up. Poor guy! The top three were pretty much always going to be there. I honestly don't care much for "youth characters" with a few exceptions but I hate the idea that these characters have fans that don't get to see them do anything. So hey. Two Academy X kids, Two Gen X kids and a New Mutant to lead them.

X-Embassy: (probably needs a better title)
    Ambassador: Rahne Sinclair
    Christian Frost.
    Security: Frenzy and Domino.

My thinking: While no character corners the market on suffering, I like to think that the particular brand off suffering Rahne has been through coupled with her compassion, which was a large part of her early characterization, would make her pretty good at overseeing a place dedicated to helping mutant human relations. (or would a consulate be better?)This story would veer more towards optimistic more often than not. I don't know a lot about Christian. Sorry if this kind of work wouldn't actually fit him at all!

X-Magic:
    Leader: Magik.
    Rictor: Shatterstar : Pixie : Layla Miller.

My thinking: It was brought up at some point(don't remember where) that Krakoa doesn't have much in the way of defending itself from magic. Basically, I heard you like magic so we are putting more magic in your book and even throwing in Magik so you have more magic when you magic.

Xpatriates:
    Teachers: Beast. Chamber. Skin.
    Leader: Ms. Marvel.
    Bling : Ben Deeds : Hindsight : Gimmick : Escapade.

My thinking: Youngins. With powers. Learning to be youngins with powers. So they can some day be old-ins with powers. The school would be located in the U.S. and be for humans, mutants and others with super powers. I imagine humans willing to go to school with mutants would still be almost as rare as young people with super powers so it would be a huge building with few actual attendees. Probably have a editorial mandate that the school "never gets destroyed" or even attacked really.

Xpatriates: Middle School.
    Teacher: Xuan.
    Tier Sinclair : Gabby : Lazarus : Wilhelmina Kensington : Leong and Nga Coy Manh.

My thinking: Would probably be side stories split between X-Embassy and Xpatriates rather than it's own title but basically just what the kids are up to. Lazarus is Domino's younger brother. Tier is Rahne's kid. Wilhelmina is actually human. I think her interacting with Gabby's might be fun to watch since she'd still be recovering from what happened to her last time we saw her. Broody blonde and bubbly brunette! (can't remember if she's suppose to be a child genius, but if she is there are other ways to get her there. Maybe a teacher. Maybe she funds the school etc.)

X-Street: (X-Cons?)
    Leaders: Rogue and Gambit.
    Grey Crow: Kwanon: Wild Child : Typhoid Marry.

My thinking: Not sure what the packaging would be. Something for darker characters. I'm thinking something like body guards to look after mutant interests? A way for them to contribute to the betterment of mutant kind in a way they'd probably be into.

X-Space:
    Leader: Storm.
    Sam: Roberto. Armor. Deathbird.

My thinking: Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaace. So much. Gotta see it all!

X-island:
    Syrin: Black Tom : Sean Cassidy: Catesye : Nightcrawler.

A title for exploring Krakoa. They'd be like social workers. How they'd get the authority, I'm note entirely sure but I'd like to think it would be something the majority is into and respects rather then something forced on the populace. Juggernaut would be there a lot and playing two extra dads to Syrin with Tom which is an idea I got from someone else on this board. Blame that person!

Over all theme:
    I'm still working that out as I haven't read too many entire runs of X-Men comics. I love action but I don't want to re-tread ground that's plenty worn. Maybe some commentary about the less obvious forms of racism. Maybe the dog whistling and radicalization. The funds built on fear mongering. Something about community. But I'd still like the stories to lean more towards positive, fun and adventure.

There are some characters I'm probably forgetting and still so many of this youngish characters who don't have a title to call their own. I also didn't do an X-Force team but maybe it's because the current book is so bad I have hard time even wanting to think about it.
    Last edited by wlfking; 08-10-2023 at 07:18 PM.
    “After all, it could only cost you your life, and you got that for free!”
    ~*Earthbound.

Starjammers- Recent incarnation is X-men affiliated. Thanks to the Shenanigans of the SoS and PoX timelines, futuristic enemies have begun seeding the present for their inevitable conquest. One of them hits a planet the Starjammers are affiliated with. Captain Corsair and half the crew are in need of rescue. Cyclops hears this and retakes to the stars to not lose his extended family and Father. Along the way, perhaps time away from Earth will begin to heal the recent scars from the FoX.

Cyclops
    Frenzy
    Ch'od+Cr'reee
    Danger
    Sikorsky
    Ariel
    Hepzibah

Reserve Members: Caliban, Lady Mastermind, Tag, Dr. Nemesis, Abigail Brand, Dryad, Quill, Spector, Three-In-One

The reserves would serve in hypothetical season 2 where the team needed an extension of members as one of the Future Seeds becomes active on a far off planet with a mutant population that is on the rise.
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Starjammers- Recent incarnation is X-men affiliated. Thanks to the Shenanigans of the SoS and PoX timelines, futuristic enemies have begun seeding the present for their inevitable conquest. One of them hits a planet the Starjammers are affiliated with. Captain Corsair and half the crew are in need of rescue. Cyclops hears this and retakes to the stars to not lose his extended family and Father. Along the way, perhaps time away from Earth will begin to heal the recent scars from the FoX.

Cyclops
    Frenzy
    Ch'od+Cr'reee
    Danger
    Sikorsky
    Ariel
    Hepzibah

Reserve Members: Caliban, Lady Mastermind, Tag, Dr. Nemesis, Abigail Brand, Dryad, Quill, Spector, Three-In-One

The reserves would serve in hypothetical season 2 where the team needed an extension of members as one of the Future Seeds becomes active on a far off planet with a mutant population that is on the rise.
    I soooooooo want a space x-men team!!!
    my roster would be:
    Forge
    Ariel
    Lifeguard
    Sliptream
    Chamber
    Cannonball
    and Hollow
    Last edited by razzmatazz360; 08-11-2023 at 11:17 AM.

Fight me!

My God... that team is glorious! Now I want it.

My God... that team is glorious! Now I want it.
    Its such a random group of characters and I wonder why this combination was selected. Most likely nothing but I would love if this was a preview of something to come

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Its such a random group of characters and I wonder why this combination was selected. Most likely nothing but I would love if this was a preview of something to come
    Well, it feels pretty 90s-tastic except for the inclusion of Jean, who is an OG X-man. And, yes, I know that technically Jubilee debuted in like 1989 and Rogue was even earlier than that in the 80s, but they still very much feel like 90s characters to me.

The teams needs one non-human looking member at least, though. I'd say maybe a reformed Beast, or possibly Caliban to be their tracker.

Well, it feels pretty 90s-tastic except for the inclusion of Jean, who is an OG X-man. And, yes, I know that technically Jubilee debuted in like 1989 and Rogue was even earlier than that in the 80s, but they still very much feel like 90s characters to me.

The teams needs one non-human looking member at least, though. I'd say maybe a reformed Beast, or possibly Caliban to be their tracker.
    What jumped immediately to me was that it felt like a mashup of the Blue/Gold teams with Cable thrown in there

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

Rogue
    Kwannon (ditch the Psylocke name and look)
    Magma
    Hussar (wildcard)
    Archangel
    Cannonball
    Iceman
    Cable

Intl. Team for issues outside US
    Wolverine
    Scarlet Samurai (Mariko)
    Neal Shaara
    Colossus
    Dust
    Hellion

Red X-Men
    Storm
    Sunspot
    Khora
    Ironfire
    Lifeguard
    Nova
    Paibok
    Loolo/ Quick
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Red X-Men
    Storm
    Sunspot
    Khora
    Ironfire
    Lifeguard
    Nova
    Paibok
    Loolo/ Quick
    Love the idea of Paibok joining X-Men Red! Very space-y and cool. (Plus offers the potential that Frenzy might do a drive-by, since she and Paibok were totally flirting...)