Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    I guess they’re in a precarious place of not being able to trust Charles and Emma at the moment as they’re technically compromised.

I now wonder how they’re going to determine that their DNA is clean. I know we’ll see them again in the next issue of Immortal but that could be because they get down to the pit and see it’s not secure at all with Creed and the others missing. So they may come back up without the problem of the compromised DNA being solved at first. I just hope they don’t try working with Sinister again even if they telepathically determine he’s being truthful. He can go off and do his own thing for all I care.
    I mean get another Telepath to do it. LOL I'm sure the Cuckoos are not busy.
    #StormNeverDied
    #BindingLightOFAyesha!!!
    #AsgardianStorm
    #AlEwingbestStormWriter

In Ororo's Name....Let the Wormhole Open!!
    Ororo Munro: Regent of Arakko, Holder of the Seat of Loss, Omega Level Mutant, Goddess of Balance.

Mighty Member

This reads like there's supposed to be consequences, but given solicits we know those consequences are short lived and even consequences that I thought were standing (Mother Rightgeous getting fucked at the finish line) just got completely undone with this issue.

I dunno, I was expecting a lot more impactful end to this detour beyond "Here's metal Magik".

Storm herself saying "thank you Mother Righteous" is VERY scary.
    I'm glad MR is starting to get the Big Bad treatment, mainly because I just love her design.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Storm herself saying "thank you Mother Righteous" is VERY scary.
    I'm glad MR is starting to get the Big Bad treatment, mainly because I just love her design.
    This bothered me, too. I just don't see Ororo so quickly buying into all of this. She's much more discerning than that. We'll see.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

What big changes are we supposed to take away? Solicits have already spoiled that the people in the Pit stay there for like 20 minutes, and the prison is made of cardboard regardless. Seriously, if Sabretooth could basically psychically hijack the place, then what challenge would there be for this bunch?

I lost all interest in Mother Righteous the second she was confirmed to be Sinister. Because now all we've done is swap out one Sinister for another. And Rasputin just kind of exists for me. There are so many X characters with broken powers that never matter, so what's one more?

This event was a lot of spectacle and plot beats that felt like bullet points. I'm glad others were able to enjoy guys like Ironfire, because I just saw him as a 'burly lamp'; a character who's presence could be replaced by a lamp without changing anything. He was just an Odin-looking guy who killed a Sinister in the end.

I'm a bit confused about what the main Moira got out of all this though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This bothered me, too. I just don't see Ororo so quickly buying into all of this. She's much more discerning than that. We'll see.
    Oh I'm not sure she understands the implications though.

We need Paco Medina on a title. He really has gotten better since his New X-Men Academy days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post
    Oh I'm not sure she understands the implications though.
    Which is precisely what bothers me. Then again, I was bothered by it taking Ororo 5 years (!) to realize the QC was Sinisterized.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Extraordinary Member

And yet another soul sword comes into the 616 universe. I think Marvel may have quadrupled the number of soul swords in 1 day if the spoilers for Mary Jane and Black Cat I've been hearing are true. They are just determined to ruin the soul sword as a concept and turn it into a joke.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

From the Data Page: Three mutants survive the Great Sinistering: Rasputin, and presumably, Wagnerine and her Golden Child?

From this summary as endings go this really sounds gawdfuckingawfully tedious and unnecessarily convoluted. I hope Gillenister doesn't get to write another event for a very, very long time, if ever again...thank the Goddess this three-months hiatus is finally over with and done.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Master of Sound's Avatar

The only interesting Sinister ever was Miss Sinister.
    Unfortunately, the writers did not even include her in an 'all Sinister event'.
    "COURAGE, DON'T YOU DARE LET ME DOWN"
    ==================================================
    ==================================================

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    And yet another soul sword comes into the 616 universe. I think Marvel may have quadrupled the number of soul swords in 1 day if the spoilers for Mary Jane and Black Cat I've been hearing are true. They are just determined to ruin the soul sword as a concept and turn it into a joke.
    Well, we've already had "Everyone gets Phoenix," now we need an "Everyone gets a soul sword" event.

I actually mostly enjoy Sins of Sinister as a fun dark universe AU, but I'm also feeling the Sinister burn-out. I'm hoping he stays out of commission for awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    What big changes are we supposed to take away? Solicits have already spoiled that the people in the Pit stay there for like 20 minutes, and the prison is made of cardboard regardless. Seriously, if Sabretooth could basically psychically hijack the place, then what challenge would there be for this bunch?

I lost all interest in Mother Righteous the second she was confirmed to be Sinister. Because now all we've done is swap out one Sinister for another. And Rasputin just kind of exists for me. There are so many X characters with broken powers that never matter, so what's one more?

This event was a lot of spectacle and plot beats that felt like bullet points. I'm glad others were able to enjoy guys like Ironfire, because I just saw him as a 'burly lamp'; a character who's presence could be replaced by a lamp without changing anything. He was just an Odin-looking guy who killed a Sinister in the end.

I'm a bit confused about what the main Moira got out of all this though.
    Find out next week in Immortal X-Men #11, available in stores and online.

I'm actually okay with knowing the council 4 get out of the pit much sooner than later. I'm curious to find out what they're going to think when they realize the previous prisoners have escaped.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

I'm so lost, what happened with Moira and Righteous?

Like how did they escape and how can Rasputin be blipped into existence from a defunct timeline?

My head hurts...

Rasputin is a modified Moira clone. I'd have to reread to say exactly how that worked.

I enjoyed this event for the most part, but I'm sure glad to get back to the main story.