Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Power Girl And Fire & Ice Get Their Own Series In Sept 2023

Power Girl #1 arrives on Sept. 5, 2023, from writer Leah Williams, Eduardo Pansica and variant cover artist Jonboy Meyers. Equipped with new powers and a new name following the events of Lazarus Planet and Action Comics, Power Girl will see Paige enter a new era as she tries to save Superman and his family from an ultra-deadly threat. DC teased of the series, "After the events of Knight Terrors, a long-dormant Kryptonian threat has returned to take down Superman and his family. Who could possibly stop it? Well, according to Superman, it’s Power Girl."
    Also releasing on Sept. 5, 2023, is Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville #1 from writer Joanne Starer, artist Natacha Bustos, colorist Tamra Bonvillain, letterer Ariana Maher and cover artists Terry Dodson and Rachel Dodson. The publisher said of Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, "Superman sent the former Justice Leaguers packing for Smallville to lie low following their extremely public and utterly disastrous mission in Baltimore, and in doing so doomed them to a fate worse than death: irrelevance. Ice finds herself drawn to the quiet life and dreams of planting roots. But Fire…well, Fire will do just about anything to get the hell outta dodge and back on the Super Hero circuit—including challenging the DC Universe’s biggest villains to a knock-down, drag-out, live-streamed brawl in the streets of Smallville!"
    https://www.cbr.com/power-girl-ice-fire-two-dc-series/

Guess Fire & Ice are technically Super-adjacent for the duration of this series, and PG getting her own series is what you guys have been begging for (the Paige name aside). And hey the solicit says PG will be interacting more with the Superfamily!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post

https://www.cbr.com/power-girl-ice-fire-two-dc-series/

Guess Fire & Ice are technically Super-adjacent for the duration of this series, and PG getting her own series is what you guys have been begging for (the Paige name aside). And hey the solicit says PG will be interacting more with the Superfamily!
    Ongoing or mini for PG? And for Fire and Ice?

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Ongoing or mini for PG? And for Fire and Ice?
    Not clear, doesn’t outright say, but Fire & Ice are definitely starting out as mini. Power Girl is likely just a mini as well. If Green Arrow can’t get an ongoing off the bat, no one else can. DC’s standard procedure going forward seems to be testing the waters with a mini, and if the sales are good, upgrading to an ongoing.

Edit: Yep Fire & Ice is a 6 issue mini
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-26-2023 at 10:29 AM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Haha is it weird that I wanted all three in one book?

I actually first saw Fire and Ice because of Superman's stint as JL leader, so this is kinda full circle
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Extraordinary Member

Not clear, doesn’t outright say, but Fire & Ice are definitely starting out as mini. Power Girl is likely just a mini as well. If Green Arrow can’t get an ongoing off the bat, no one else can. DC’s standard procedure going forward seems to be testing the waters with a mini, and if the sales are good, upgrading to an ongoing.

Edit: Yep Fire & Ice is a 6 issue mini
    I'd like Fire and Ice to hook up with PG for a bit. They've never really hung out or indeed interacted much at all, bar a bit in Generation Lost, and I'd like to see that happen.

It's cool that they're giving these ladies some love especially with how undeserved they've been for years.

I'm happy Power Girl is getting a new series and I don't dislike Leah Williams, though the costumes, new powers, and especially the "Paige" thing might rub people the wrong way. I wonder if the villain is Ultra-Humanite, he was kind of her nemesis.

Fire and Ice stuck in Smallville is such a random premise, but I guess it could be fun seeing these two contrasted with how hokey and plain Smallville is and what kind of hijinks they can get into. I'm genuinely curious what they could've screwed up so badly to turn into public pariahs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Haha is it weird that I wanted all three in one book?

I actually first saw Fire and Ice because of Superman's stint as JL leader, so this is kinda full circle
    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I'd like Fire and Ice to hook up with PG for a bit. They've never really hung out or indeed interacted much at all, bar a bit in Generation Lost, and I'd like to see that happen.
    They could make for a fun trio and it would be nice for Fire & Ice to have some kind of tie to the Superfamily. They have one with Batman through their JLI ties. Who knows, maybe they will do a crossover now that PG is apparently developing stronger ties with the Superfamily.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It's cool that they're giving these ladies some love especially with how undeserved they've been for years.

I'm happy Power Girl is getting a new series and I don't dislike Leah Williams, though the costumes, new powers, and especially the "Paige" thing might rub people the wrong way. I wonder if the villain is Ultra-Humanite, he was kind of her nemesis.

Fire and Ice stuck in Smallville is such a random premise, but I guess it could be fun seeing these two contrasted with how hokey and plain Smallville is and what kind of hijinks they can get into. I'm genuinely curious what they could've screwed up so badly to turn into public pariahs.
    I’ve read other stuff from Williams that I did like but I haven’t been loving her stint on PG so far, I find it a bit on the boring side (granted it’s only been in backup stories). Gonna check this out though, if only for more PG exposure. Ultra-Humanite would be cool.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I wonder if the Kents will be in the supporting cast for Fire and Ice?

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Ha that would be funny

Guy tells em they can stay at his parents house

Great announcements, hope it goes well for these characters

They’ll be staying at fan favorite Pete Ross’ house (yeah it’s safe to say the elder Kents will cameo at least).

They’ll be staying at fan favorite Pete Ross’ house (yeah it’s safe to say the elder Kents will cameo at least).
    I can't wait for all the Smallville world building .

I can't wait for all the Smallville world building .
    Smallville and Tatooine are apparently the most popular “obscure” places in their respective universes. You can’t go 10 minutes without bumping into someone important

Astonishing Member

Am I the only one wondering how Superman gets to tell two grown women where they can live and be heroes?

It's not like they are ignorant 15 year olds he can stick in an orphange or on a farm just cause he says so.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Am I the only one wondering how Superman gets to tell two grown women where they can live and be heroes?

It's not like they are ignorant 15 year olds he can stick in an orphange or on a farm just cause he says so.
    In fairness to Ice, I can see her jumping off a bridge if Superman tells me to do it.