Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Clark View Post
    Am I the only one wondering how Superman gets to tell two grown women where they can live and be heroes?

It's not like they are ignorant 15 year olds he can stick in an orphange or on a farm just cause he says so.
    That’s the hook for the first issue lol. What did they foul up so bad that Supes sent them to Kansas as punishment? Have to read to find out!
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    That’s the hook for the first issue lol. What did they foul up so bad that Supes sent them to Kansas as punishment? Have to read to find out!
    I get that is the hook, I just think it doesn't sound like something Superman would or should be doing. Batman does high-handed **** like that, Superman is more of a hero-and-let-hero type of guy.

Incredible Member

First things first: the heavy implication that the JL is already back to being an extremely powerful institution at this point in time makes the half-hearted Titans push even more hilarious.

Second thing: Wow, it sure is bizarre to have "Smallville duty" as punishment that Superman can inflict on any given superhero.

Well, consider me intrigued. Normally Smallville focus would annoy me but when it's these particular characters, with such a bonkers pitch... yeah, I'm intrigued.

I get that is the hook, I just think it doesn't sound like something Superman would or should be doing. Batman does high-handed **** like that, Superman is more of a hero-and-let-hero type of guy.
    Guess we’ll see what it is they actually did to get out on probation then? Perhaps Clark is giving them this job less of a punishment and more as a chance to redeem themselves. And I disagree with regards to Superman just letting heroes act how they will, there are plenty of examples of Clark setting out to enforce how he thinks heroes should act. That’s the crux of his feuds with the Elite and Magog, he chews out Captain Marvel in the DCAU for giving political endorsements, depending on what it is the heroes are doing he will definitely step in if he thinks heroes are behaving inappropriately.

Edit:

Well that confirms Martha will be involved. Nice to see her getting used since usually it’s Jonathan who gets the spotlight.
    Last edited by Vordan; 04-26-2023 at 08:10 PM.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

I guess I'm the only one who is excited that Leah Williams is writing this lol? I think she's a funny writer.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

If they're that incompetent and careless, this sounds more like a punishment for Smallville than for them.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

Guess we’ll see what it is they actually did to get out on probation then? Perhaps Clark is giving them this job less of a punishment and more as a chance to redeem themselves. And I disagree with regards to Superman just letting heroes act how they will, there are plenty of examples of Clark setting out to enforce how he thinks heroes should act. That’s the crux of his feuds with the Elite and Magog, he chews out Captain Marvel in the DCAU for giving political endorsements, depending on what it is the heroes are doing he will definitely step in if he thinks heroes are behaving inappropriately.

Edit:

Well that confirms Martha will be involved. Nice to see her getting used since usually it’s Jonathan who gets the spotlight.
    I guess the Kents are going to become DC's go to wise sages for the entire superhero community?

Am I the only one wondering how Superman gets to tell two grown women where they can live and be heroes?

It's not like they are ignorant 15 year olds he can stick in an orphange or on a farm just cause he says so.
    lol, like he did with Kara and Conner respectively? Though Kara wouldn't have ended up in an orphanage if her origin was done now - not only is the concept obsolete, he wouldn't have sent her there if Ma and Pa were alive.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Astonishing Member

I don't mind the change to PG's outfit -- except the gold/yellow belt is offbrand for her. IMHO, red would work better.

The name change is something else altogether. I mean -- Paige, really?!

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    If they're that incompetent and careless, this sounds more like a punishment for Smallville than for them.
    I'm sure he means it as a teachable moment, especially with them interacting with the Kents .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm sure he means it as a teachable moment, especially with them interacting with the Kents .
    I don't know, I just want some hero sometime to tell him where to stick it, and then go off and do as they please.

I agree. And frankly, I think Bats should be flatly ignored (and powerless to do anything about it) when he pulls this ****. Sadly, the entire premise turns me off so much I'm not going to touch this one. It's the kind of attitude I really don't like even when we have rookie characters, but do it with experienced heroes...yikes.

Also, I've no interest in seeing Fire and Ice in that locale, even if it turns out to not be Superman dictating what they can and and cannot do and them obeying, but something else entirely.
    Last edited by Tzigone; 04-27-2023 at 03:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    I don't know, I just want some hero sometime to tell him where to stick it, and then go off and do as they please.
    What *is* Guy Gardner doing these days?

Love the announcements. Not crazy thrilled with PG's backup stories so far, but I appreciate her getting some attention and I'll definitely give this a shot.

Fire-Ice is.....I mean, I'm getting it obviously, and it sounds like it could be a lot of fun, but I dunno. Are we really expecting Bea and Tora to get respect here, because I feel like "secret agent/spy" Fire wouldn't let Superman boss her around. Tora would, but Fire?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I mean, knowing Superman I doubt he was being a jerk about it, they probably on some level feel like they have to lie low from the sounds of it...maybe.

I'd like Fire and Ice to hook up with PG for a bit. They've never really hung out or indeed interacted much at all, bar a bit in Generation Lost, and I'd like to see that happen.
    Before the Great Stupid, Ice and Power Girl were on a superhuman detail defending a diplomat's wife in JL QUARTERLY