Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

FIRE & ICE: WELCOME TO SMALLVILLE #3

Written by JOANNE STARER
    Art by NATACHA BUSTOS
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    Variant cover by SOZOMAIKA
    1:25 variant cover by JOELLE JONES
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 3 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 11/7/23
    Jimmy Olsen comes to town with his ear to the ground for a Daily Planet scoop, and Fire and Ice have a beauty salon full of ex-villains that Fire’s certain they can rehabilitate (in fabulous reality- show fashion, no less!) and Ice is desperate to hide. But if they’re gonna make it through the day without Big Blue swinging back through Smallville to clean up their mess, Fire and Ice will have to look past the growing chasm between them and work together to sell Superman’s pal the story of a lifetime.
    Always up for more Jimmy, hope he brings his super villain goth girlfriend too.

FIRE & ICE: WELCOME TO SMALLVILLE #4

Written by JOANNE STARER
    Art by NATACHA BUSTOS
    Cover by TERRY DODSON
    Variant cover by DAVID TALASKI
    1:25 variant cover by OSCAR VEGA
    $3.99 US | 32 pages | 4 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)
    ON SALE 12/5/23
    Ice’s worst fears about Fire’s antics are confirmed when a horrifying revelation comes to light, and whatever trust they’d tentatively rebuilt crumbles to dust. And despite Martha Kent’s best attempts to mediate over Smallville’s finest drag brunch, there might be no coming back for what was once the Justice League’s most dynamic duo. (Booster and Beetle who?)
    Oh, and Lobo shows up hot and bothered to throw down in Fire’s defunct fight club. What could possibly go wrong?
    Clark’s hometown is toast lol.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Ma Kent with the drag brunch!!!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Bring on the zany! Love it!
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo View Post
    Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville #1 Preview
    Writer: Joanne Starer
    Artist: Natacha Bustos

Art is great and it’s nice to see Ma get some focus.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Martha being a city girl is a neat idea, makes me want to delve more into her backstory now.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Some continuity confusions:

SO Tora is given back her ice princess origin? That is good.

Jonathan is dead again?? I mean, the way Martha is talking is like he was gone long time ago. Or is he alive? I am lost .
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by Thor-Ul View Post
    Some continuity confusions:

SO Tora is given back her ice princess origin? That is good.

Jonathan is dead again?? I mean, the way Martha is talking is like he was gone long time ago. Or is he alive? I am lost .
    I think she's just talking in the past-tense of their courtship, Jonathan's probably still alive.

FIRE & ICE: WELCOME TO SMALLVILLE #5

Written by JOANNE STARER

Art by NATACHA BUSTOS

Cover by TERRY DODSON

Variant cover by STJEPAN ŠEJIĆ

1:25 variant cover by BRANDT & STEIN

$3.99 US | 32 pages | 5 of 6 | Variant $4.99 US (card stock)

ON SALE 1/2/24

Fire and Ice’s salon has gone up in flames, and Smallville doesn’t seem far behind it. The villains in residence grow restless for bedlam and a better payday than they’ve had access to since joining Fire’s “rehabilitation program,” and even the locals have got a strange, almost possessed gleam in their eyes these days…

DC’S HOW TO LOSE A GUY GARDNER IN 10 DAYS

Written by MARGUERITE SAUVAGE, DENNIS HOPELESS, AARON WALTKE, BRENDAN HAY, GEORGE MANN, DANNY LORE, ALEX GALER, and others

Art by MARGUERITE SAUVAGE, IVAN SHAVRIN, M.L. SANAPO, BALDEMAR RIVAS, TED BRANDT & RO STEIN, LEONARDO RODRIGUES, and others

Cover by AMANDA CONNER

Variant cover by ARIEL DIAZ

Variant cover by CHRISTIAN WARD

1:25 variant cover by DUSTIN NGUYEN

$9.99 US | 80 pages | Prestige | One-Shot | (all covers are card stock)

ON SALE 2/6/24

Romance is rarely a simple affair—love is almost always followed by some sort of conflict. Whether you’re Plastic Man twisting yourself into knots trying to please someone, or the Flash traveling back in time to make a catastrophic 50 first dates perfect, or even a lonely robot who just can’t seem to find love unless it’s mail from a computer screen, like Red Tornado, love actually is…a pain in the 27 dresses. So in the grand tradition of these dating conundrums a la rom-coms of the ’90s and ’00s, we are proud to present eight new stories about love and trying to find it in this zany world.

Guy Gardner, most attractive man in the DCU .