Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ah geez. C’mon Bea.
    You’re suppose to be a former secret agent.
    Yeah, well, also Brazilian. We totally can be former secret agents and involve ourselves in the most ludicrous situations because reasons.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

If you had asked me to give you a list of potential books for DC to put out....I honestly would have NEVER put Fire and Ice on that list. But dangit if that didn't make my day! I have never even heard of let alone read anything by Starer, but I do like that she knows JLI. I also wasn't sure about Bustos on art...yeah, she was great on Moon Girl, but this is not that, but I really do like those character designs. I may just have to fall in love with this series!

Incredible Member StarSpangledMan's Avatar

I did not expect to be reading a Fire & Ice mini so this is a surprise, to be sure, but a welcome one!

Extraordinary Member Mantis-Ray's Avatar

Oh this is such a nice announcement. Always great when the lower-tier characters get a book.

The designs by the artist look cute, I hope this goes well.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Fire and Ice stuck in Smallville is such a random premise, but I guess it could be fun seeing these two contrasted with how hokey and plain Smallville is and what kind of hijinks they can get into. I'm genuinely curious what they could've screwed up so badly to turn into public pariahs.

So the Kents as supporting characters?
    https://twitter.com/JoanneStarer/sta...09378580930561

Okay DC, now you have my attention.

This is going to be glorious .

Astonishing Member

I think this is just going to be a fun romp -- which makes sense given the character's history. I think Bea's outfit is slightly modified from the 80s version, but otherwise they both looks like the've sprung out of an Adam Hughes illustration.

I have no idea about either of these creative teams BUT I will 1000% be checking out Fire and Ice and MIGHT try Power Girl. I love Kara/Karen but hate the whole Paige thing for some reason.
    Read The Flash#1 this September!

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    I have no idea about either of these creative teams BUT I will 1000% be checking out Fire and Ice and MIGHT try Power Girl. I love Kara/Karen but hate the whole Paige thing for some reason.
    I think the Power Girl creative team is the same from the recent 3 part story in Action Comics. I enjoyed that story so I'll definitely check this one out.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Don't get me wrong the art is great but....what exactly has been redesigned? They look like the costumes they've had for years

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Don't get me wrong the art is great but....what exactly has been redesigned? They look like the costumes they've had for years
    Sometimes people call "redesign" what is basically just their interpretation of what they always wear .

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Fire's boots, gloves, belt and the flames on her jacket. Ice's boots look slightly different in that art. Like fringe instead of fur trim. Fire's has the most differences even though it's still very similar to the costume designed by Adam Hughes in the 90's.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hol View Post
    It seems everyone but DC hate the name Paige for PG.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ah geez. C’mon Bea.
    You’re suppose to be a former secret agent.
    It's looking like this reset does not consider the more serious elements added during the ladt days before the Stupid. It hearkens back to the Giffen/DeMatteis days!
    Last edited by Stanlos; 04-27-2023 at 01:26 PM.