Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Don't get me wrong the art is great but....what exactly has been redesigned? They look like the costumes they've had for years
    Ices boots and the lay of the white elements are different. So too are Ices gloves which cover all of her hand. The fringe and general design of the boots is different as well. Buttons seem to be not a feature this time.

For Fire, flame motif has been added to the jackets. She has changed her jeans and comboy boots to tights and chux it seems. And the belting is quite different. For starters

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    I think the Power Girl creative team is the same from the recent 3 part story in Action Comics. I enjoyed that story so I'll definitely check this one out.
    Different artist. Margeurite Savuage drew the back-ups and will be drawing the special. Eduardo Pansica is the artist on the upcoming series.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    It's looking like this reset does not consider the more serious elements added during the ladt days before the Stupid. It hearkens back to the Giffen/DeMatteis days!
    Sounds like a get for me. I love those two, and am happy to see them back in action. And those day were their best days, IMO. Good comic books, the Giffen DeMatteis League stuff.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stanlos View Post
    Ices boots and the lay of the white elements are different. So too are Ices gloves which cover all of her hand. The fringe and general design of the boots is different as well. Buttons seem to be not a feature this time.

For Fire, flame motif has been added to the jackets. She has changed her jeans and comboy boots to tights and chux it seems. And the belting is quite different. For starters
    As far as Ice doesnt seem like anything of big significant sadly. She's already sporting most of those differences before.

Idk, I know its CLASSIC so they dont want to do much, but I kind of wish she was given something a bit more modern feeling or at least temporary for her Smallville stay.

I'm more curious about their casual clothes...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm more curious about their casual clothes...

Poor Martha if that's the case

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Poor Martha if that's the case
    Bea might, but I imagine Tora doing the cowgirl shirt tied around the waist look.

Quote Originally Posted by OBrianTallent View Post
    Different artist. Margeurite Savuage drew the back-ups and will be drawing the special. Eduardo Pansica is the artist on the upcoming series.
    Oh yeah. I got mixed up because they're the team on the upcoming one-shot but not the mini that comes after. Anyway, Pansica is good too so I'm not worried. PG is in good hands and other than the new nickname I'm glad she's getting more exposure.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by M@Bowers2014 View Post
    Oh yeah. I got mixed up because they're the team on the upcoming one-shot but not the mini that comes after. Anyway, Pansica is good too so I'm not worried. PG is in good hands and other than the new nickname I'm glad she's getting more exposure.
    Hahaha, the one thing that no one seems to like, the new name. Everything else seems to be okay, if not universally loved. Costume? Not optimal, but okay to get a PG series of any sort. Telepathy? Not great, but doable with some tweaks. Paige? Hell NO! Nope! Never!

I hope they are reading some of this and just change it back. Seriously, do it and we'll forgive you. This time.

I'm loving all the more focused 6 issue minis approach DC's been using for these smaller named characters that need. DC's starting to feel like an actual expansive universe of characters. fingers cross i might see some titles for characters I've been clamoring for soon (i want my Vixen, Duke Thomas and The Outsiders minis goddammit!) but I very well might check out Fire & Ice.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 05-01-2023 at 09:49 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Yeah - the "one mini at a time" thing DC seems to be doing is working for me. I think I'll be picking up 5 or 6 new titles where I had been buying 1 or 2 DC titles prior to this.

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Hahaha, the one thing that no one seems to like, the new name. Everything else seems to be okay, if not universally loved. Costume? Not optimal, but okay to get a PG series of any sort. Telepathy? Not great, but doable with some tweaks. Paige? Hell NO! Nope! Never!

I hope they are reading some of this and just change it back. Seriously, do it and we'll forgive you. This time.
    At least the costume is probably as permanent as the rest of the Superfamily's jacket looks (which is to say, not) and the telepathy will probably easily be forgotten about...but a characters' civilian name is an important part of their identity.
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm moving all the more focused 6 issue minis approach DC's been using for these smaller named characters that need. DC's starting to feel like an actual expansive universe of characters. fingers cross i might see some titles for characters I've been clamoring for soon (i want my Vixen, Duke Thomas and The Outsiders minis goddammit!) but I very well might check out Fire & Ice.
    Maybe they'll move on from the JLI era and do the Detroit era...give Zatanna, Vixen, Gypsy, Vibe, their own mini's...

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe they'll move on from the JLI era and do the Detroit era...give Zatanna, Vixen, Gypsy, Vibe, their own mini's...
    It's been long enough that I'd be interested in a mini that actually takes place during their JLA days showing them as a team.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    It's been long enough that I'd be interested in a mini that actually takes place during their JLA days showing them as a team.
    That would be fun too .

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Same. I would love a good mini based on the Detroit era.