Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Comixology Marvel App broke?

Still cannot purchase any new books.

Anyone else?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

I don't know what is going on. Apparently the Marvel App is shutting down. But my purchases transfer to Unlimited? In the same format? I'm so confused.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I don't know what is going on. Apparently the Marvel App is shutting down. But my purchases transfer to Unlimited? In the same format? I'm so confused.
    That's what is happening but that doesn't explain why I cannot by yesterday's releases. It still shows last week's books for me.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    That's what is happening but that doesn't explain why I cannot by yesterday's releases. It still shows last week's books for me.
    Same problem and I sent Marvel an email when the digital comics didn’t show up when I redeemed the codes
    “There is no defense against the Scarlet Witch's HEX!

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...arvelUnlimited

Sorry I can’t get the above to link properly but Marvel should have sent you an email telling you about your Marvel app. It is going bye-bye, and your existing Marvel purchases will supposedly be rolling over into the Unlimited app - which you can use free of charge to read your purchased books after May 2. You have to create an Unlimited account and link the two - somehow.

If you want to buy current comics, you have to use Amazon in the web browser not the app, to make your comic purchases and hope you can find wherever Amazon stores them. It’s a huge puzzle for me every time to try to figure out where on Amazon my Comixology purchases went and the reading app is total shit.

Marvel has no solution to purchase current books within Unlimited… yet. So if you’re a digital-only comic reader like me, for now you’re SOL. This is probably where my criminal origin story begins, where I become a pirate/comic thief.

Personally had left Comixology to move to Marvel app when the old Comixology app lost all previous functionality. I find it confusing to have both the Marvel app and the Unlimited app. Why you can’t purchase current books on Unlimited, seems ridiculous to me. Yet another unnecessary barrier to purchase, overall inaccessibility.

Fantastic Member

supposedly when you buy a book through Amazon's website it will show up in the Comixology app and or on their Kindle app I haven't tried this myself...yet if anyone else has tried I would really like to know if that is how it actually works. The whole reason the Marvel app is even shutting down is because earlier in the year Comixology had a massive layoff of workers and they want to "consolidate resources" due to a "reduced workforce"
    Last edited by Dizzystarr; 04-27-2023 at 12:01 PM.

Mighty Member

I went yesterday and went on books that I already own.. i bought Betsy Braddock: CB, so I went to my books, clicked on series details and was able to buy the new issue that way. Everything was blank for me too. This switch over is annoying and going through Amazon to get my books, and then reading it on the kindle is a pain. Am I able to transfer my library to my kindle app?
    Now it will be reading your series in one app and then reading the next issue in a different app. Makes ZERO sense. They should have planned this better instead of giving us a week notice,

I redeemed like 8 Marvel codes yesterday with no problems. They've all shown up in my Comixology account like usual. They downloaded to my Fire tablet with no problems either. For those of you having problems. Do you have your Marvel account merged with Comixology? That seems to be the most common problem for people saying they can't find their Marvel digital comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizzystarr View Post
    supposedly when you buy a book through Amazon's website it will show up in the Comixology app and or on their Kindle app I haven't tried this myself...yet if anyone else has tried I would really like to know if that is how it actually works. The whole reason the Marvel app is even shutting down is because earlier in the year Comixology had a massive layoff of workers and they want to "consolidate resources" due to a "reduced workforce"
    That's correct, you purchase the title on Amazon's site and then you can send it to your devices that have the Kindle app, that's how I do it since switching over a few weeks ago. It's pretty easy once you get used to it, the books are in your "digital orders" on Amazon and that's where you can send the book to your devices. You just have to register your devices to Amazon if you haven't already.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

This weeks books finally came through on the app.

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura

Fellow Marvel App users, I'm very happy to say that my Marvel App library has successfully transferred over to my Marvel Unlimited account. I was very nervous that my books would somehow get lost in the worm hole but they are safe. Unfortunately we won't be able to buy new comics on Unlimited but I've gotten used to purchasing via Amazon in the last few weeks.

If you haven't already linked your accounts here's a link to help (scroll down a bit): https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=212525528

I buy on my amazon prime account and the digital issue appear on my kindle, that’s how it works here in europe
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I buy on my amazon prime account and the digital issue appear on my kindle, that’s how it works here in europe
    Cool, that's how it works here as well. I linked my ipad and phone to my amazon account and now it's easy to send my issues to both devices. I love being able to read the issues at midnight unlike with the Marvel app that made you wait until about 6am.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    That's what I do, too, but I use my android comixology app, as well. I'm just more used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Cool, that's how it works here as well. I linked my ipad and phone to my amazon account and now it's easy to send my issues to both devices. I love being able to read the issues at midnight unlike with the Marvel app that made you wait until about 6am.
    I love getting my digital hands all over new releases at midnight, Ice cold milk + cookies and I’m set
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”