Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 289101112
    Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Doomuniverse View Post
    Are u people seriously trying to argue that Black Widow is the greatest hero in Marvel history? That is buck wild right there...wow.
    That would be Jean Grey. Black Widow is the most popular.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    That would be Jean Grey. Black Widow is the most popular.
    Pretty much this. I'm reminded of last Halloween when I had to correct my mum that, no, that girl in a black bodysuit is Storm, not BW, because, well, white hair

Still, Marvel does love its Avengers, so you never know...

Edit: actually, wouldn't the most popular Marvel female be Wanda, or is that only true for the comics? O.o Wanda's got Storm beat there, I guess.
    Last edited by xiyon; 09-10-2014 at 06:27 AM.

BANNED

Impossible to answer. Ask 50 people get 50 different answers/arguments for or against "popular", it is subjective. She is highly popular in specific but limited circles and does not have mass appeal as some other female characters. Greatest is history...that would mean she would go down in infamy if she dies and I do not see her being a historical reference point for the Marvel U like a Jean Grey or even a Wasp...JMHO.
    She is both a great hero (depending on who you ask) and popular (dowya) but for many she does not even move the needle.

Ultimate Member

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    According to them, Jean would be the greatest female Marvel superhero, as she appears on the list at #5, the only female hero to beat Storm, who is #11.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    Most superhero list is based in comics only.

and most list also has not taken consideration number of appearances which should be a factor too.

Besides, Storm represents the minority, female leadership and the mohawk

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arfguy View Post
    I think if her film rights belonged to Marvel Studios and she could be part of the Avengers or Guardians of the Galaxy or whatever, she'd be both.
    Storm part of the Avengers or GOTG in the Marvel Cinematic Universe? Who in the MCU finds out about her existence and recruits her?
    They can't play up her importance as much as they could, seeing as how I think she has everything to be the A-list female character that Marvel seems to be lacking.
    To this day I have never seen a super-powered black woman marvel character headlining their own movie.
    Yes, Black Widow is hugely popular, but Storm would be on another level if MS had the rights.
    Fingers crossed Black Widow's stand-alone movie will be hugely popular as well.

Lol I don't know how this convo started but what I would like to add, is for what was said , Storm fans would kill for the level of MCU treatment BW received. Compared to her Fox movie treatment.

Extraordinary Member

I guess I want to love Storm, but like Jean, I find it really hard to relate to her. Maybe it's because I came into comics in 2009, but Storm for me was just too perfect.

Yes, she had her great stories in the past, but I feel like Storm is just...Storm. Compared to other characters like Emma Frost and Scarlet Witch and Black Widow and Captain Marvel, I sort of feel like her character is done.

If you've only been reading since 2009, then yes, you haven't seen Storm at her best. In fact, you've only seen her at her worst, for the most part, in that case. But, the X-Men at large have been largely treading water since then too(other than Hickman's recent exploits), so...
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!