Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by keeper444 View Post
    I think Jean is more popular than storm
    I disagree. When you put all X-Men in one print or poster or whatever, it is always lacking without the guy with claws, the guy with the sunglasses and the fierce black chick with white hair. Everything else is complementary. She has the most pop culture references and appearances than Jean. But there is no doubt Jean is top 2.

In reality though, she still hugely popular, everyone knows her because of the movies. However, that will change soon since Marvel is pushing for Black Widow and perhaps a Captain Marvel soon. It's the actor that carries the character and makes them a household name. Halle Berry's impact was just underwhelming compared to RDJ, Hugh, Tom Hiddelston, Mark Ruffalo, Chris x3, Scarlett, and the duo Rocket and Groot. Or perhaps the script was just not enough, Bryan Singer is not fond of female characters that much. I don't think he would even bother if he's not told to do so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    At the moment Black Widow is Marvels top woman. Again you go back to number of appearances which don't mean that much.. At the present time Black Widow is number 1.
    But Black Widow comics sold worse than Ms. Marvel comics.
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...4/2014-07.html

No she's not.
    10char
    In dog days, all we need is Frost.

Niffleheim

Storm's cartoons/games/movies has invaded too many homes to be even compared to any other Marvel female character. The theatricality of her speech and her powers is beyond comparison. As many movies as there will be about the Avengers ---- they will never get the instant love that the X-Men will always get.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by N'Dare View Post
    . As many movies as there will be about the Avengers ---- they will never get the instant love that the X-Men will always get.
    Didn't Whedon's Avengers movie trounce all of the x-films in terms of box office gross?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Storm is indeed the greatest female hero in Marvel History. ^.^

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    Didn't Whedon's Avengers movie trounce all of the x-films in terms of box office gross?
    Well, people still went to watch Days of the Future Past, even after X-men 3 and two Wolverine movies, so i guess that its says something, isnt it ?.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by pixie_solanas View Post
    We are talking about two different things. Even though I cant stand the Avenger i can't deny that the movies are good and entertaining but beyond that they are forgettable. Box office gross has nothing to do with loving a character but everything to do with it being a good movie. The X-men will always be acceptable and loved because what they stand for while after watching the avenger movies nobody (except for the comic fans) will even care about them.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    But Black Widow comics sold worse than Ms. Marvel comics.
    http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...4/2014-07.html
    How well is Storm's series selling I guess? I mean if Storm is the most popular female Marvel superhero why has she not had more solo series?

However if you're going to argue that Storm's appearances in other media is important, unfortunately Black Widow being in the Marvel movies trumps that.
    Last edited by Daithi; 09-06-2014 at 01:27 PM.

BANNED

How well is Storm's series selling I guess? I mean if Storm is the most popular female Marvel superhero why has she not had more solo series?

However if you're going to argue that Storm's appearances in other media is important, unfortunately Black Widow being in the Marvel movies trumps that.
    It is difficult to say what place will be after the second and third issue. But I hope it will be as a result of higher than the Black Widow.

Movies is another level. It is not known how much is really popular Scarlett Johansson to make money on a solo film.
    Last edited by Logan; 09-06-2014 at 01:33 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Logan View Post
    Movies is another level. It is not known how much is really popular Scarlett Johansson to make money on a solo film.
    Yes but there's no way in hell a Storm film is going to be made.

BANNED

I think they will look at money Gambit solo movie. Because if he will make money, they will try and with other characters.

BANNED

There isn't even a pitch for one.

o

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

First of all, she was never given the chance to have a solo series before now. Only mini-series.

As for numbers...

Well, looking at the link that was posted:

46 Storm 1 $3.99 Marvel 47,566
    86 Ms Marvel 6 $2.99 Marvel 36,041
    121 Black Widow 8 $3.99 Marvel 24,555
    126 Captain Marvel 5 $3.99 Marvel 23,666
    127 She-Hulk 6 $2.99 Marvel 23,562
    152 Elektra 4 $3.99 Marvel 19,125

Just looking at #1 issues:

Black Widow 1: 53,887
    Ms. Marvel 1: 50,286
    Elektra: 47,676
    Storm 1: 47,566
    Captain Marvel 1: 44,248
    She-Hulk 1: 41,894

So we have yet to know how Storm #2, etc. will hold up, but that's where things are right now.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/225531893814497270/
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    First of all, she was never given the chance to have a solo series before now. Only mini-series.

As for numbers...

Well, looking at the link that was posted:

46 Storm 1 $3.99 Marvel 47,566
    86 Ms Marvel 6 $2.99 Marvel 36,041
    121 Black Widow 8 $3.99 Marvel 24,555
    126 Captain Marvel 5 $3.99 Marvel 23,666
    127 She-Hulk 6 $2.99 Marvel 23,562
    152 Elektra 4 $3.99 Marvel 19,125

Just looking at #1 issues:

Black Widow 1: 53,887
    Ms. Marvel 1: 50,286
    Elektra: 47,676
    Storm 1: 47,566
    Captain Marvel 1: 44,248
    She-Hulk 1: 41,894

So we have yet to know how Storm #2, etc. will hold up, but that's where things are right now.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/225531893814497270/
    The Marvel Now female-led titles are selling abysmally.

It's depressing, as i'm sure this will be taken as a mandate to retrench even further into just Avengers-related titling, but the blame should really lie in relatively hook-less female books.

Don't give us the same old same old, but with a female lead. Give us something to be excited about, a fresh look or an innovative style.

God knows I detest the yellow doc martens, but otherwise DC had the right idea with the new Batgirl reboot.