Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Easily Jean, who was mostly in charge and rarely pushed to the side, as Storm had been for a while while Cyke and Wolvie measured genitalia. She killed herself in the moon, something iconic that few X-men have done that is so referenced. Emma Frost, for being Wallpaper, was also given many roles while being Cyke's woman, including her own team in Dark Reign to rule over, and considerations into the Avengers if HIckman had his way, being part of the P5, and being the teams telepath, something the comics treat as essential to combat. Storm is obviously not one to be in danger of getting shelved, but Jean is still the top X-woman, and I'm more than sure had Emma been let off Cyke, she'd have a greater role than Storm. Not more powerful than Storm, of course, but a seat in the Illuminati would have trumped Queen of Wakanda.
    I think Jean Grey isn't the top X-Woman either, I am actually starting to think the only reason she is so popular is because she has been gone long enough for people to forget how much she sucked. Which I suspect is the same strategy Marvel is trying to do with Wolverine right now.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Brightside View Post
    Easily Jean, who was mostly in charge and rarely pushed to the side, as Storm had been for a while while Cyke and Wolvie measured genitalia. She killed herself in the moon, something iconic that few X-men have done that is so referenced. Emma Frost, for being Wallpaper, was also given many roles while being Cyke's woman, including her own team in Dark Reign to rule over, and considerations into the Avengers if HIckman had his way, being part of the P5, and being the teams telepath, something the comics treat as essential to combat. Storm is obviously not one to be in danger of getting shelved, but Jean is still the top X-woman, and I'm more than sure had Emma been let off Cyke, she'd have a greater role than Storm. Not more powerful than Storm, of course, but a seat in the Illuminati would have trumped Queen of Wakanda.
    Ahh, okay, thanks.

Yeah, I think there's a good argument to be made for Jean, especially with the Phoenix powers, and at least among long-time comic book fans. And I'd forgotten how big Emma had gotten in the last ten years or so. She's definitely taken up Jean's mantle, in more than one way.

It's funny that the X-Men treat telepaths as being essential to combat, but everyone else is like "Whaaat? Our magic and science isn't good enough for you??"
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Spectacular Member

I say why not both . As powerful as she is though, is Storm more powerful than Wanda, Jean Grey, or Polaris?

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    Ahh, okay, thanks.

Yeah, I think there's a good argument to be made for Jean, especially with the Phoenix powers, and at least among long-time comic book fans. And I'd forgotten how big Emma had gotten in the last ten years or so. She's definitely taken up Jean's mantle, in more than one way.

It's funny that the X-Men treat telepaths as being essential to combat, but everyone else is like "Whaaat? Our magic and science isn't good enough for you??"
    Lol, yeah. You have Madison and Nemesis cooking up cool shizles, but I guess telepathy is more cost efficient XD
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Top Class Breeding ;) Mr. Brightside's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rochedalaix View Post
    I think Jean Grey isn't the top X-Woman either, I am actually starting to think the only reason she is so popular is because she has been gone long enough for people to forget how much she sucked. Which I suspect is the same strategy Marvel is trying to do with Wolverine right now.
    her status as first X-chick, and Endsong and all that love crap really makes me think she is totes the X-woman.
    CANON: "Cyclops, the most important mutant in 616" - The scientific community of the 616

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Not to be that guy, but...

http://www.comicvine.com/articles/se...s/1100-149756/

Here's the poll results just in case you're wondering how the voting turned out.

Cyclops 34%
    Nightcrawler 24%
    Wolverine 23%
    Jean Grey 10%
    Storm 8%
    The ungodly amount of sock-puppets from a few years back do not count as actual sentient entities.
    Last edited by FluffyCyclopsRLZ; 09-06-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    They really, really are. Has Elektra been cancelled yet?

Numbers for August are in! http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/29603.html

66 MS MARVEL #7 $2.99 MAR 32,866
    88 STORM #2 $3.99 MAR 25,268
    90 BLACK WIDOW #9 $3.99 MAR 24,885
    102 SHE-HULK #7 $2.99 MAR 22,883
    111 CAPTAIN MARVEL #6 $3.99 MAR 21,221
    131 ELEKTRA #5 $3.99 MAR 17,209

July numbers reposted:

46 Storm 1 $3.99 Marvel 47,566
    86 Ms Marvel 6 $2.99 Marvel 36,041
    121 Black Widow 8 $3.99 Marvel 24,555
    126 Captain Marvel 5 $3.99 Marvel 23,666
    127 She-Hulk 6 $2.99 Marvel 23,562
    152 Elektra 4 $3.99 Marvel 19,125

Sorry to say, but it looks like Storm's following the other Marvel heroines in terms of sales numbers.

The only one that's doing well, relatively speaking, is Ms. Marvel, a brand new superhero easily able to connect with young, female readers (and others, but that's the primary audience I'm thinking of). As in, something that feels fresh, not more of the same.

Who knows, some day, we may need to be calling Kamala Khan Marvel's top female superhero! At least she's a fan of Storm... particularly RoLo, haha.

These numbers make me so sad. I was really hoping this series would succeed. Oh well. I will enjoy it while it lasts.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    These numbers make me so sad. I was really hoping this series would succeed. Oh well. I will enjoy it while it lasts.
    In fairness how do they compare to Wonder Woman or Bat Girl?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    You mean how do all ladies from DC, Marvel, etc. compare to Harley Quinn?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    You mean how do all ladies from DC, Marvel, etc. compare to Harley Quinn?
    No I thought my question was clear enough.

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by Daithi View Post
    There wasn't a Wonder Woman solo last month. SUPERMAN WONDER WOMAN #11 & #12 sold 50,550 & 42,094 resp. There was also a SENSATION COMICS FEATURING WONDER WOMAN #1 which sold 29,640. Batgirl #34 sold 34,590

♥♥عابث سولاناس♥♥ Park Slope Pixie's Avatar

Kamala Khan aint doin' nothing Power Pack didn't already do 30 years ago.

BANNED

I'm reading the first few pages and I'm rolling. Storm is without question the most popular female in Marvel hidtory. The reason they are even a even make Marvel movies is because record breaking money that the X line that Claremont brought from 75-91 as top writer. They carried Marvel. Not the Avengers. Not Cap. Not Thor. The X line and Spider Man has been the meat of Marvel comics until 2004 when Bendis got New Avengers..He vilified Scarlet Witch to make his new team and fans fell for it but did it sell like the Magneto stories? No. X Men #1 did 8 million...they ruled the top 50 charts all of the 90s. Nate Grey's book was in the top 5 comics every month. It was Uncanny, X Men, Wolverine, and X Man on top of the charts.

Storm, Wolverine, and Magneto were the undeniable top 3 characters when all the money were being made. Cyclops was mostly a sidekick for Jean Grey development and usually would get plunked by Sinister. Storm was treated with much more respect than that. Black Widow in 2014 doesn't compare to that success. Neither does Carol...Carol still isn't even Rogue level yet alone anywhere near the Storm level. It borders on preposterous.

Storm is Queen ...sadly Singer and Fox seem not to get that or don't know how to handle her...and sadly Marvel doesn't seem to get it either or doesn't want to get it ... Storm is a pop culture icon and these people need to get it together

Quote Originally Posted by doomuniverse View Post
    i'm reading the first few pages and i'm rolling. Storm is without question the most popular female in marvel hidtory. The reason they are even a even make marvel movies is because record breaking money that the x line that claremont brought from 75-91 as top writer. They carried marvel. Not the avengers. Not cap. Not thor. The x line and spider man has been the meat of marvel comics until 2004 when bendis got new avengers..he vilified scarlet witch to make his new team and fans fell for it but did it sell like the magneto stories? No. X men #1 did 8 million...they ruled the top 50 charts all of the 90s. Nate grey's book was in the top 5 comics every month. It was uncanny, x men, wolverine, and x man on top of the charts.

Storm, wolverine, and magneto were the undeniable top 3 characters when all the money were being made. Cyclops was mostly a sidekick for jean grey development and usually would get plunked by sinister. Storm was treated with much more respect than that. Black widow in 2014 doesn't compare to that success. Neither does carol...carol still isn't even rogue level yet alone anywhere near the storm level. It borders on preposterous.
    yassssssssss