Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    Have you watched Earthspark?

Shockwave seems to be the bigger Deception issue, especially with Megatron reforming.
    I have and it needs more Optimus and Megatron. The cartoon is way to human focused on the Malto's and Terrans. It took way too long to get them alt forms.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Could be. Of course he was kind of a big deal in the first few years of the old Marvel comics (Kind of funny that they later used Ratbat-just a little-used Soundwave cassette in the cartoon continuity-as the main baddie later on)

Dark of the Moon's marketing seemed to have him as a major baddie but that was kind of misdirection for Sentinel Prime I think, as Soundwave is little more than another henchman in the movie, really.
    But this was my behind my full thought on Shockwave. These two examples.
    Bring on Bludgeon if need be as well.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Whether it's good or bad is not for me to say but that's the way the franchise is going, all us old middle age fans can just enjoy our DVD's of the original cartoon.
    I love Transformers but dude, if you're middle aged then you're about 30 years past the target audience for this movie.

Seems the comics (IDW and others, some of the Marvel material) are the main material aimed at older fans of the franchise.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Sounds like Sentinel is the bad in this one.

The director said the movie gets really real, really fast.

I wonder if that means Orion deals with the Quintessons and becomes the heroic new Optimus Prime, while D-16 confronts Sentinel as the symbol of the corruption on Cybertron itself to become Megatron.

Would be an easy way to kick off the Civil War, too.
    I've seen speculation that the Blue 'Bot in the trailer is Sentinel and the Quintessons end up killing him.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've seen speculation that the Blue 'Bot in the trailer is Sentinel and the Quintessons end up killing him.
    That could be his execution scene, too.

And then he becomes their underling.

I don't think you get Jon Hamm for a cameo.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 04-22-2024 at 02:10 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    I love Transformers but dude, if you're middle aged then you're about 30 years past the target audience for this movie.
    It's hardly an either/or situation, though.

Transformers has floundered as a franchise, going from success to flop. Would it really kill them to make an effort with a little seriousness?

Frankly, it seems a little like they're chasing superheroes, with the ability to transform being a 'power'

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    This seems to me like a standard "four quadrant" mass appeal movie, which means everyone's the target audience.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    It's hardly an either/or situation, though.

Transformers has floundered as a franchise, going from success to flop. Would it really kill them to make an effort with a little seriousness?

Frankly, it seems a little like they're chasing superheroes, with the ability to transform being a 'power'
    Transformers has pretty much always had crossover with the crowd that enjoys superhero or other generalized nerd properties, most of Transformers lore was famously developed by Marvel back in the 80s, the Unicron trilogy shows of the 2000s rode the wave of the early anime boom and Transformers: Animated was pretty much a superhero show but with Transformers.

And Transformers has had stuff that tries to be serious? It's not some magical cure-all. There was the Machinma and Netflix series (which were all awful) and the comics by IDW and Skybound but for most intents and purposes, Transformers media on tv and movies has pretty much always skewed towards kids or family entertainment.

I just wish the humor was better. It really reeks hard of the trend of having to throw in as many jokes as possible even if they're not actually all that funny to anyone above a certain age set.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Transformers has pretty much always had crossover with the crowd that enjoys superhero or other generalized nerd properties, most of Transformers lore was famously developed by Marvel back in the 80s, the Unicron trilogy shows of the 2000s rode the wave of the early anime boom and Transformers: Animated was pretty much a superhero show but with Transformers.

And Transformers has had stuff that tries to be serious? It's not some magical cure-all. There was the Machinma and Netflix series (which were all awful) and the comics by IDW and Skybound but for most intents and purposes, Transformers media on tv and movies has pretty much always skewed towards kids or family entertainment.
    Not only did Marvel develop the TF lore (Although many of the toys existed prior from the Diaclone line, some anime etc) but wasn't the whole 80's reboot of GI JOE basically a retooled SHIELD vs HYDRA? (Which in turn is based on Bond and SPECTRE)
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-23-2024 at 07:05 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Curious about it, but I do hope the humor is spaced out more, so it doesn't overstay its welcome. Really hope Bumbelee isn't as obnoxious as the trailer makes him out to be.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Curious about it, but I do hope the humor is spaced out more, so it doesn't overstay its welcome. Really hope Bumbelee isn't as obnoxious as the trailer makes him out to be.
    I have a feeling the second trailer will reveal more about the conflict and the main dramatic beats. (I assume the film has both)

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I have a feeling the second trailer will reveal more about the conflict and the main dramatic beats. (I assume the film has both)
    I feel like the Megatron stuff will probably be where the film gets really serious/dark.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I feel like the Megatron stuff will probably be where the film gets really serious/dark.
    They're escaping slavery.

That's not dark anymore??
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

They're escaping slavery.

That's not dark anymore??
    Looks like a rollicking good time from the trailer. If this were a movie about enslaved people in the South, can you imagine it having this same tone?

Which is just to say that based on the first trailer, the people making this movie seem to be thinking of it differently, in a way that lends itself towards a more light-hearted tone.