Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Elita is such a boring character, there's much better female transformers that could be used.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTBliss View Post
    Elita is such a boring character, there's much better female transformers that could be used.
    Arcee, Windblade, Strong-arm, Moonracer, Chromia, and Arrazor all come to mind as more interesting that Elita-1 whom really didn't get a good reason to be around other than Prime's lover till recently. Even Twitch is more compelling.

Hopefully this helps change that!
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Trailer next Thursday.

Had no idea this was happening! Curious what this is gonna be.
    Take my dreams, childish and weak at the seams
    Please don't analyze, please just be there for me

Woo, woo!

Trailer is on the way.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

hopefully it will be fun. So many continuities to keep track of, I just learn to roll with it. Pun intended.

Mighty Member

So, they made Transformers into a goofy formulaic Pixar movie. Pass. Also, I am so sick of Bumblebee - he has such a generic, nothing personality.

The one thing that I'm curious about is how they're going to get to the point where Megatron becomes outright evil and starts a war. I wonder if they'll even do it in this movie, because going to war would be a sharp shift in tone from what we're seeing in this trailer. Maybe he'll "go bad" in some other way that doesn't involve murdering people.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-18-2024 at 07:40 AM.

The animation looks pretty good. Feels like what would happen if they went for a slightly-scaled down take on the animation in the Cybertron sequence in Bumblebee.

It definitely has that typical "look at how many jokes we can crack!" issue.

The voices will take some getting used too. Keegan Michael Key as Bee is...really distracting.

So Cybertronians are living below the surface of Cybertron without the ability to transform because the Quintessons (?) bombarded the planet and enslaved them?

Alpha Trion!

Those look like the sky Vehicons.

I wonder what the origin of the Decepticons are in this. Megatron finds out they're the former warrior class (which is why he finds the symbol), Starscream/Shockwave/Soundwave are lingering remnants, Megatron joins up with them and is radicalized?

Elita looked more like an Arcee-sized bike in her Cybertronian mode.

Really leaning into the Buddy Cop Dynamic with Orion and Megatron there.

Oh hey, Skywarp! And Airachnid?
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    So, they made Transformers into a goofy formulaic Pixar movie. Pass. Also, I am so sick of Bumblebee - he has such a generic, nothing personality.

The one thing that I'm curious about is how they're going to get to the point where Megatron becomes outright evil and starts a war. I wonder if they'll even do it in this movie, because going to war would be a sharp shift in tone from what we're seeing in this trailer. Maybe he'll "go bad" in some other way that doesn't involve murdering people.
    This did give me Lightyear vibes.

It seems like Megatron discovers something about the Decepticons that really changes his perspective and we see him with a more G1 accurate Megatron design with sinister red eyes in the trailer.

This looks awesome!

Cannot wait.

I am so glad we're finally done with the Bee can't talk stuff.

The only voice that's gonna be hard to get used to for me is Megatron. Wonder what will radicalize him? In Earthspark, he is re-formed and it works well. Kinda wonder if they're gonna plant the seeds for that take.

Feels like transformers animated. Cute cartoon looks and teen titan (not the go series) type gags but hides a really dark at times and insane show that had some really big emotions and even deaths!

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    This looks awesome!

Cannot wait.

I am so glad we're finally done with the Bee can't talk stuff.

The only voice that's gonna be hard to get used to for me is Megatron. Wonder what will radicalize him? In Earthspark, he is re-formed and it works well. Kinda wonder if they're gonna plant the seeds for that take.
    I feel like Brian Tyler Henry's voice is going to sound a lot different when he fully transforms into Megatron.

I think him learning about the origin of the Decepticons will really change him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    Feels like transformers animated. Cute cartoon looks and teen titan (not the go series) type gags but hides a really dark at times and insane show that had some really big emotions and even deaths!
    I'm getting too used to this style of humor.

Astonishing Member Godzilla2099's Avatar

Other than the animation I think this looks terrible

All the males are bumbling idiots, the female is a boss, I didn't like any of the humor attempts (which was the extreme majority of this trailer), and I found the origin story from Transformers Prime to be Light Years better than this.
    Last edited by Godzilla2099; 04-18-2024 at 12:36 PM.

I love the animation but I wish the tone could have been more in-line with something like Transformers Prime. Hell, even G1 got pretty dark and wasn't just goofy kids' stuff. Even the silliest humor was never plain stupid.

I definitely don't get the notion of "all the males are bumbling idiots, the female is a boss" from this trailer whatsoever. It's a family comedy after all. The question is does that tone work for Transformers?
    love is the real "success."
    Free Palestine! 🇵🇸Ceasefire NOW!
    They/Them

It looks fine, I'll probably check it out when it hits streaming and is free to me someday. I think kids will like it which is a good thing. But me I'd rather just watch the Orion Pax episode of G1 War Dawn with the Aerialbots.