Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

All the males are bumbling idiots, the female is a boss,
    Did you not see the parts where prime reves up his thrust and jumps in truck mode to kill a seeker and megatron with shield looking like he just tore through people?

I'm getting "mario is joke as they show him making jokes but peach kicks butt" super mario trailer reactions flashbacks all over again. We can't say till we see the movie yet how they are.

With that said looks like the new date for this is same day as dreamworks the wild robot!

Uh-oh.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 04-19-2024 at 08:29 AM.

Character posters

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Character posters

Pretty much half of why you cast celebrities as voice actors .

Incredible Member

Everything was good up until they hit us with the obligatory rock song and A-list Hollywood talent therefore guaranteeing more family friendly happy meal ploy to get more kiddies to watch which I understand because Transformers is now a huge brand like Star Wars; Toy Story: Frozen and every other money making CGI animated film of the last ten years. Whether it's good or bad is not for me to say but that's the way the franchise is going, all us old middle age fans can just enjoy our DVD's of the original cartoon.

pygophile and podophile Dr. Cheesesteak's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Pretty much half of why you cast celebrities as voice actors .
    Which I never understood.

I mean, I understand why you cast them. I don't understand why it actually works. Like, people really think "oh man, I can't wait to hear ScarJo's voice in a cartoon!"? Rather than actually want a, likely, more talented professional to do it?

The masses, man...
    Comics were definitely happier, breezier and more confident in their own strengths before Hollywood and the Internet turned the business of writing superhero stories into the production of low budget storyboards or, worse, into conformist, fruitless attempts to impress or entertain a small group of people who appear to hate comics and their creators. -- Grant Morrison, 2008

trade-waiting - Ice Cream Man, Monstress

backlog - Blade of the Immortal, Mignolaverse, Promethea, X-Cutioner's Song

One the other hand it keeps up with the tradition of the 86 movie that was full of celebrity voice and 80s songs! Even frank welker as megatron was replaced 30min in the movie by a movie star! Half the voices in that movie were big stars who were replaced right after in the tv show with new voices.

Gijoe the movie and gobots movie also had actors come in to voice roles in the 80s.
    Last edited by Gaastra; 04-21-2024 at 05:19 AM.

If a GI Joe animated movie can be made but with a serious tone, that would be awesome. I suppose the success of this film may be the green light or red light for such a project, however.
    If they can adapt the Larry Hama continuity, that could be cool, especially for a new animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Everything was good up until they hit us with the obligatory rock song and A-list Hollywood talent therefore guaranteeing more family friendly happy meal ploy to get more kiddies to watch which I understand because Transformers is now a huge brand like Star Wars; Toy Story: Frozen and every other money making CGI animated film of the last ten years. Whether it's good or bad is not for me to say but that's the way the franchise is going, all us old middle age fans can just enjoy our DVD's of the original cartoon.
    It was the humor that kind of killed it for me.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    If a GI Joe animated movie can be made but with a serious tone, that would be awesome. I suppose the success of this film may be the green light or red light for such a project, however.
    If they can adapt the Larry Hama continuity, that could be cool, especially for a new animated series.
    Unfortunately if such an animated G.I.Joe can be made it will go straight to DVD, the brand hasn't been relevant in years and the Snake Eyes movies profits are proof of that, us 45 year olds that grew up on ARAH are such a small minority that it wouldn't make a dent in the box office.

The worse we can get is a family friendly Pixar style G.I.Joe movie in which the Joes are portrayed by young trainees in a Hogwarts kind of military academy that must battle Cobra who is an evil organization of YouTube influencers determined to rule all of social media.

Hehe -- all I can think about now is the GI Joe movie with Don Johnson and Sgt Slaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    One the other hand it keeps up with the tradition of the 86 movie that was full of celebrity voice and 80s songs! Even frank welker as megatron was replaced 30min in the movie by a movie star! Half the voices in that movie were big stars who were replaced right after in the tv show with new voices.

Gijoe the movie and gobots movie also had actors come in to voice roles in the 80s.
    Yeah, as far as the TV show went, I think the most famous voices they had there were Scatman Crothers and Casey Kasem (Who had done a lot of voice acting prior, but were also well-known outside of that).
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This is an animated TF film for a new generation. It feels very much that way on purpose akin to TMNT Mutant Mayhem.
    I have my TF series and films.

Knock yourselves out new generation with this iteration. I'll see it for the sake of seeing it, maybe I'll be impressed. Maybe it'll just be decent. At any rate my only real curiosity is how you take Megatron from the persona displayed here into evil slayer of fellow Cybertronians that starts a Civil War....or do you? Maybe that is part of all this. Does someone like Shockwave become this generations over arching bad guy Decepticon leader?
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    This is an animated TF film for a new generation. It feels very much that way on purpose akin to TMNT Mutant Mayhem.

Knock yourselves out new generation with this iteration. I'll see it for the sake of seeing it, maybe I'll be impressed. Maybe it'll just be decent. At any rate my only real curiosity is how you take Megatron from the persona displayed here into evil slayer of fellow Cybertronians that starts a Civil War....or do you? Maybe that is part of all this. Does someone like Shockwave become this generations over arching bad guy Decepticon leader?
    Have you watched Earthspark?

Shockwave seems to be the bigger Deception issue, especially with Megatron reforming.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post

Could be. Of course he was kind of a big deal in the first few years of the old Marvel comics (Kind of funny that they later used Ratbat-just a little-used Soundwave cassette in the cartoon continuity-as the main baddie later on)

Dark of the Moon's marketing seemed to have him as a major baddie but that was kind of misdirection for Sentinel Prime I think, as Soundwave is little more than another henchman in the movie, really.
    Last edited by ChrisIII; 04-22-2024 at 08:30 AM.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Could be. Of course he was kind of a big deal in the first few years of the old Marvel comics (Kind of funny that they later used bat-trap-a Soundwave cassette in the cartoon continuity-as the main baddie later on)

Dark of the Moon's marketing seemed to have him as a major baddie but that was kind of misdirection for Sentinel Prime I think, as Soundwave is little more than another henchman in the movie, really.
    Sounds like Sentinel is the bad in this one.

The director said the movie gets really real, really fast.

I wonder if that means Orion deals with the Quintessons and becomes the heroic new Optimus Prime, while D-16 confronts Sentinel as the symbol of the corruption on Cybertron itself to become Megatron.

Would be an easy way to kick off the Civil War, too.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium