Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Twilight Zone used to scare the crap outta me when I was a kid.

I saw a handful of horror movies when I was young that freaked me out. Tourist Trap, The Incredible Melting Man and the original Halloween and Amityville Horror. Michael Myer's look was the stuff of nightmares and the scene where that window closed on the boy's fingers in Amityville freaked me.

That G.I. Joe episode in which Dr. Mindbender created a machine that turned humans into animals. The scene where Cobra captured Iceberg and turned him into a Killer Whale in Mindbender's machine was too disturbing to me, I never watched that episode again. Holy s--t!

Mighty Member

Seventies Muppets. The face changing machine would rip eyes and noses off..

Well, my earliest memory of horrorification was the classic Universal monsters. I don't know the name of the movie, I just remember my mom wasn't there and a movie with them came on. I'd never seen such things before and it was completely scary.

The dismembered body scene from the movie Asylum scared me even once I became a jaded horror movie fan.

Also this scene from Suspiria (beware, intensity and blood and gore triggering!):

Last edited by Scott Taylor; 05-02-2023 at 11:51 AM.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Ransik's body horror on Power Rangers Time Force. I have no idea how that got past the censors.

Anton Mercer's transformations into Mesogog on Dino Thunder were also quite unsettling.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Ransik's body horror on Power Rangers Time Force. I have no idea how that got past the censors.

Anton Mercer's transformations into Mesogog on Dino Thunder were also quite unsettling.
    I might have been a teenager by the time those two series came out, but they were still freaky as hell. Ransik's origin story was especially unsettling for the implication that humanity would still find some "other" to exclude and marginalize, even a thousand years into the future with all kinds of technological progress.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Caught this pair in reruns as a kid. Still strikes a very small degree of fear into me these days...

Same goes for this one...

Ghostwatch creeped me out quite a bit. Like a lot of viewers I missed the announcer before the programme clearly presenting it as a drama, and somewhat like Welles’ infamous War Of The Worlds presentation it strongly apes the style of a live TV documentary covering a supposedly haunted house, even using real BBC presenters like Michael Parkinson and Sara Green to complete the illusion.

Wheelers from return to oz!

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Incredible Member

Seeing Michael Jackson's Thirller video at 8 years old scared the crap out of me at first as it was totally unexpected, I had seen some stills of Michael in zombie make-up but the werewolf transformation caught me off guard.

Twilight Zone used to scare the crap outta me when I was a kid.
    That brings back one. We saw an amazing stories episode with "kids" looking for their dad in a warehouse and they find dead giant animals there. They always played in the elevator there as their fort. Other than calling the FBI after finding the animals they hunt for the dead themselves.

They go into the elevator they loved as a kid. And then a giant spider was there. They scream. Elevator goes up. Flashlight falls to the ground. Blood follows!

Scared the crap out of me and i saw and was fine with jaws! Spent years trying to find it but no episode in the amazing stories reruns. Turns out it was 80s Twilight Zone out around the same time!

Incredible Member

Being shown Threads at school and the above mentioned scene from Superman III. Also the transporter accident in Star Trek The Motion Picture.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Top Hat View Post
    Being shown Threads at school and the above mentioned scene from Superman III. Also the transporter accident in Star Trek The Motion Picture.
    Oh wow, I had forgotten about that. Yeah, that was a pretty intense scene - and I saw that in the theater.