Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

That G.I. Joe episode in which Dr. Mindbender created a machine that turned humans into animals. The scene where Cobra captured Iceberg and turned him into a Killer Whale in Mindbender's machine was too disturbing to me, I never watched that episode again. Holy s--t!
    No melting joes in no place like Springfield?

Kolchak: The Night Stalker - Every episode scared the crap out of me.

Trilogy of Terror - One of the stories had a horrible little Zuni fetish doll that came to life and went after people.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    or when they essentially fought the Blob and killed it with apples in "The Germ."

[QUOTE=Gaastra;6463527]No melting joes in no place like Springfield?

In this video it's revealed Low Light doesn't sleep because of Nightmares. In his Nightmare we learn his dad use to torture him for being a "Coward" and locked him in the basement with rats as a kid and he became a Joe to prove he was a "Real Man". That's some messed up **** for a cartoon aimed at selling kids action figures.
    Last edited by Jokerz79; 05-09-2023 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChadH View Post
    Kolchak: The Night Stalker - Every episode scared the crap out of me.

Trilogy of Terror - One of the stories had a horrible little Zuni fetish doll that came to life and went after people.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

That Zuni doll literally haunted my nightmares for years when I was little and made me scared to death of marionettes as a child.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
    Seeing Michael Jackson's Thirller video at 8 years old scared the crap out of me at first as it was totally unexpected, I had seen some stills of Michael in zombie make-up but the werewolf transformation caught me off guard.

Huh. Forgot this. The werewolf transformation was definitely scary as hell being a kid. My brother being there didn't even help.

That brings back one. We saw an amazing stories episode with "kids" looking for their dad in a warehouse and they find dead giant animals there. They always played in the elevator there as their fort. Other than calling the FBI after finding the animals they hunt for the dead themselves.

They go into the elevator they loved as a kid. And then a giant spider was there. They scream. Elevator goes up. Flashlight falls to the ground. Blood follows!

Scared the crap out of me and i saw and was fine with jaws! Spent years trying to find it but no episode in the amazing stories reruns. Turns out it was 80s Twilight Zone out around the same time!
    I remember this. Hair raising even now. I enjoyed those shows too. I wasn't expecting it.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 05-08-2023 at 08:12 PM.

Gijoe had some creepy ones. One had a womans face erased at the end! Transfomers gave us zombie prime and monsters under cybertron and inhumanoids gave us this--

Swiss army nerd

This was my after school viewing when I was 7. The Animals of Farthing Wood. Absolutely wild.

https://www.denofgeek.com/tv/the-ani...umatic-deaths/

Also from Inhumanoids: Herman Mangler

The stuff this cartoon got away with (mostly body horror) for 13 eps is amazing.

Yeah, that was a freaky episode too. Also the episode in which Dr. Mindbender created a machine in which he can transfer a person's youth into an older person. The beginning of that episode showed him doing that to a young woman into an older woman and as the trasfer was processing, the young woman's face vanished. That scarred me for sure.

[QUOTE=Jokerz79;6464003]

In this video it's revealed Low Light doesn't sleep because of Nightmares. In his Nightmare we learn his dad use to torture him for being a "Coward" and locked him in the basement with rats as a kid and he became a Joe to prove he was a "Real Man". That's some messed up **** for a cartoon aimed at selling kids action figures.
    That was an epic episode. Half of the Joe cartoons were pretty hardcore.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    I remember the commercials alone scared me. I didn't watch the show until years later in reruns. They're actually quite fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby101 View Post
    Yep. That’s the one.
    The Cover Contest Weekly Winners ThreadSo much winning!!

"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

“It’s your party and you can cry if you want to.” - Captain Europe

For Future Kids let's just add GOTG Vol.3 to the list