Extraordinary Member

Default 10 Best TV Cliffhangers

CBR ranks the 10 best television cliffhangers in the link below:

https://www.cbr.com/best-tv-cliffhangers/

10. Michael Resets The Cycle - The Good Place, Season 1, Episode 13, "Michael's Gambit"
    09. Hank Schrader Learns Walter White's Identity - Breaking Bad, Season 5, Episode 8, "Gliding Over All"
    08. Dolores Achieves Sentience, And The Hosts Attack - Westworld, Season 1, Episode 10, "The Bicameral Mind"
    07. Ross Geller Says Rachel's Name - Friends, Season 4, Episode 24, "The One With Ross' Wedding – Part Two"
    06. The Night King Takes Hardhome - Game Of Thrones, Season 5, Episode 8, "Hardhome"
    05. Shooters Attack The President - The West Wing, Season 1, Episode 22, "What Kind Of Day Has It Been"
    04. Sherlock Holmes Survives Moriarty's Plot - Sherlock, Season 2, Episode 3, "The Reichenbach Fall"
    03. Captain Picard Becomes Locutus Of Borg - Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 3, Episode 26, "The Best Of Both Worlds Part 1"
    02. Who Shot J.R.? - Dallas, Season 3, Episode 25, "A House Divided"
    01. Jack Tells Kate They Have To Go Back - Lost, Season 3, Episode 23, "Through The Looking Glass Part 2"

Okay no way does Lost beat Who Shot JR or Locutus.

Also, some notable missing one IMO Melrose Place Kimberly blows up the place, BSG Crossroads Season 3, & Babylon 5 Z'Ha'Dum.

Extraordinary Member

I know they're not going to give Dallas two slots but Bobby in the shower was a jaw-dropper for sure.

Agree about Melrose Place with Kimberly and the bomb.

Valene's twins on Knots Landing was a heart clutcher.

Glad that Picard and the Borg made the list.

Who Shot JR should definitely be #1.

three-time juror The Gold Stream's Avatar

-who shot mr burns?

Niffleheim

It has been almost two decades since I've experienced a cliffhanger that is anyway memorable as what happened to Will Gardner in The Good Wife and Sherlock in the finale of the series two.
    Last edited by Tofali; 04-28-2023 at 09:28 PM.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Dynasty invites you all to a Moldavian wedding.

I’ll don the mask and wear the cape
    If I am super, how can I wait?

By season 3, Lost sucked.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

"How's Annie?"

That list is dull as dishwater.

You want a solid cliffhanger?

Episode thirteen of Alcatraz.

Better than that...

The final "AMC..." episode of The Killing.

It was so good that it is still the series finale in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Grapeweasel View Post
    "How's Annie?"
    That was my first thought.

"X-Files" must've had a good one, but I can barely remember that show anymore. It says "cliffhangers" but does it have to be season enders?
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 04-28-2023 at 10:00 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    That was my first thought.

"X-Files" must've had a good one, but I can barely remember that show anymore. It says "cliffhangers" but does it have to be season enders?
    It shouldn't be specifically season enders. Good writers can stick a great cliffhanger at any time during a season.

A great example is Kimberly pulling off her wig to see the HUGE, insanely grotesque scar down her head on Melrose Place. That was early in the season and you just knew she had revenge on her mind for Michael.

Quote Originally Posted by caj View Post
    It shouldn't be specifically season enders. Good writers can stick a great cliffhanger at any time during a season.

A great example is Kimberly pulling off her wig to see the HUGE, insanely grotesque scar down her head on Melrose Place. That was early in the season and you just knew she had revenge on her mind for Michael.
    Melrose's last good finale was Sydney getting hit with the car in her wedding dress. The show went downhill after that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Melrose's last good finale was Sydney getting hit with the car in her wedding dress. The show went downhill after that.
    Agree. Sidney was my favorite character on the show, so without her, I lost interest.

But for a few short years, MP was must-watch-tv. You never knew what was going to happen.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

GOT had some...one of my favorites is Game of Thrones "The Lion and the Rose" when grief-stricken Cersei accused Tyrion of her son's murder.

Also, "Walk of Punishment" when Locke cuts off Jaime's hand.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”