View Poll Results: Should Eradicator be a good guy or evil?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evil and in the rogues gallery

25 89.29%
  • Good and be in the SuperFamily

3 10.71%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

If they brought him to the Superfamily they'd have to change his name, The Eradicator screams evil. Maybe they could rename him Brad and hang out with Paige...

Kidding of course, but I voted evil.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

The Eradicator should primarily be a villain, IMHO.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    He adds nothing to the Superfamily and we’re already currently at the limit of how many people we can have in said family. He should be a villain but not one for Clark, Zod already fills that role. Instead he should be a villain for Kara, he could be the one trying to tempt her with the resurrection of her old home.
    We still need a Superwoman

Zod is preserving kryptonian culture,so eradicator would fall into ally with him.

If eradicator was.on earth he wouldn't be a ally to any of the Supers ,just because of his extreme tactics,like above the idea of him terraforming a 3rd world country and genetically altering humans to be like kryptonians.

Why hasn't any writer done the policing of.metas? All we.hear is how writers csnt touch the "real" stuff cause it's real world and it doesn't change,but going after other metas ,the things alreadyade up by writers is exactly what a hero could do .I could see conner(kon) doing this,it would feel reminnescent of the YJ show,his OG series when he worked for Cadmus,and he something the lex side of his brain would think his Clark side would want to do
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperX View Post
    Zod is preserving kryptonian culture,so eradicator would fall into ally with him.
    I think you could get some interesting stories about the differences in those viewpoints, honestly. Just because they both come from Krypton doesn't mean they want to preserve the same culture, or in the same way. Eradicator is an AI, what it views as "preserving culture" might be wildly different from what Zod or Kara or some living, organic person would. What does an AI even consider 'culture?'

Like, the Science Counsel. Eradicator would want to establish a new Counsel because that's what Krypton had. Zod would be against it not only because of his personal history, but because the Counsel's hubris led to the race's near-extinction. Zod doesn't just want to save his species, he also wants to rebuild and improve upon Kryptonian culture, law, etc. Or at least, what *he* considers improvements. Eradicator wants to rebuild everything exactly as it was. What kind of conflict could you find between someone wanting to build a New Krypton, and someone wanting to build an Old Krypton? And how does Clark handle it when he's inevitably stuck in the middle?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Ideally that would be Kara.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

I like the Eradicator as the Kryptonian equivalent of Brainiac, a corrupted artificial intelligence created with good intentions but corrupted beyond saving. It should definitely be a weapon.

how about both?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We used to have Lucy Lane for that... Oh you meant HERO?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    You can play him as both depending on the interpretation.

I like your answer the best . The Eradicator saved Superman when he was dead and even after Superman came back.
    I think playing him as both is really best .

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    We used to have Lucy Lane for that... Oh you meant HERO?
    Lol. We used to have Lana Lang for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    I think you could get some interesting stories about the differences in those viewpoints, honestly. Just because they both come from Krypton doesn't mean they want to preserve the same culture, or in the same way. Eradicator is an AI, what it views as "preserving culture" might be wildly different from what Zod or Kara or some living, organic person would. What does an AI even consider 'culture?'

Like, the Science Counsel. Eradicator would want to establish a new Counsel because that's what Krypton had. Zod would be against it not only because of his personal history, but because the Counsel's hubris led to the race's near-extinction. Zod doesn't just want to save his species, he also wants to rebuild and improve upon Kryptonian culture, law, etc. Or at least, what *he* considers improvements. Eradicator wants to rebuild everything exactly as it was. What kind of conflict could you find between someone wanting to build a New Krypton, and someone wanting to build an Old Krypton? And how does Clark handle it when he's inevitably stuck in the middle?

Eradicator,Zod,and Kara all want to bring back Krypton,but not the same way,and not the same Krypton imo.i would love to read this story someday.maybe Zod feels he has go the viltrumite route and go with hybrids to repopulate,and eradicator wants pure cloning,while Kara just wants the bottle of kandor to be resized.ill read it for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Ideally that would be Kara.
    Actually Karen(yes Karen) is powergirl,but we have Kara,cir,and Linda,2 of them are off the playing field,but might not be forever.if can see Linda as superwoman and cir as Supergirl too.kara at some point though will match Karen in size,and maturity,so she really should be woman to Karen's woman,yep superwoman and power woman,and have Linda and cir take powergirl and Supergirl .

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    how about both?
    I can see eradicator trying to take over the world or terraforming it for kryptonians,and killing ppl left and right,even fighting superman,but when Clark looks like he could die somehow,eradicators programming kicks in and tries to save him
    Created from 2 of the greatest men,made with 2 powersets thst are both SUPER,and has 2 cool asf looks and attitudes.

You know what, I voted evil, but like a lot of others, I prefer the idea that he's a more nuanced and complex character than your standard villain, less human but more well intentioned than say, Henshaw, or Zod.

And only after I cast my vote did I remember the character of David Connor, Eradicator's one time human host and member of the Outsiders iirc. I had completely forgotten this, but I kind of really like that Eradicator.

So you know what, maybe I want to change my vote, or just want a Secret Third Option.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adekis View Post
    You know what, I voted evil, but like a lot of others, I prefer the idea that he's a more nuanced and complex character than your standard villain, less human but more well intentioned than say, Henshaw, or Zod.

And only after I cast my vote did I remember the character of David Connor, Eradicator's one time human host and member of the Outsiders iirc. I had completely forgotten this, but I kind of really like that Eradicator.

So you know what, maybe I want to change my vote, or just want a Secret Third Option.

I voted for Eradicator as good . But he's not good or evil . Wish there was another option .
    I do remember David Conner who was the human host for a while .
    Eradicator shouldn't be like Zod or Henshaw or other villain .
    He basically should still try to protect Kal -El from any life threatening situation , or now Jon too and Kara .
    But he needs to be used wisely , depending on the writer .

Extraordinary Member Doctor Know's Avatar

On the one hand, having a Kryptonian A.I./cybernetic lifeform on the side of the good guys would be a boost for the SuperFam. At the same time though, the SuperFam is crowded and full of clone characters.

On the other hand, “evil Superman” is a role that’s occupied by Zod, Cyborg Superman (Hank or Zor-El), Ultraman and others. Evil A.I. from Krypton, that hypes the superiority of Kryptonian culture? That role is occupied by Brainiac.

It’s a tough call. I hate to say make him and anti-hero. Because it’s too indecisive.
    Last edited by Doctor Know; 05-04-2023 at 07:31 AM.