View Poll Results: Should Eradicator be a good guy or evil?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evil and in the rogues gallery

25 89.29%
  • Good and be in the SuperFamily

3 10.71%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    On the one hand, having a Kryptonian A.I./cybernetic lifeform on the side of the hood guys would be a boost for the SuperFam. At the same time though, the SuperFam is crowded and full of clone characters.

On the other hand, “evil Superman” is a role that’s occupied by Zod, Cyborg Superman (Hank or Zoe-El), Ultraman and others. Evil A.I. from Krypton, that hypes the superiority of Kryptonian culture, is also occupied by Brainiac.

It’s a tough call. I hate to say make him and anti-hero. Because it’s too indecisive.
    Yeah. One thing I kept thinking of too was, if you're going for "another Superman who's more enamored of his alien culture and more emotionally distant," well... someone like Mister Majestic is right there and hasn't been adequately used since like, 2010, I think. So Eradicator really does threaten to be redundant on several levels at once. Maybe that's another reason I sort of like David Connor. He's just slightly unique. Even then though. I'm not 100% sure that he's unique enough.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Know View Post
    On the one hand, having a Kryptonian A.I./cybernetic lifeform on the side of the hood guys would be a boost for the SuperFam. At the same time though, the SuperFam is crowded and full of clone characters.

On the other hand, “evil Superman” is a role that’s occupied by Zod, Cyborg Superman (Hank or Zoe-El), Ultraman and others. Evil A.I. from Krypton, that hypes the superiority of Kryptonian culture, is also occupied by Brainiac.

It’s a tough call. I hate to say make him and anti-hero. Because it’s too indecisive.
    this is part of why I wanted to see Karsta Wor-Ul come back. Older Kryptonian who's ex-military... and actually a good person. And good at sucker punching Kal-El

"I suppose I should have been prepared for that..."

Yeah, he found Karsta's house and just walked up to her without introduction... and came there looking for Kryptonian stuff. Karsta nails him with a haymaker and then in hindsight he's like "Oh right, Kryptonian herbs, probably planted by a Kryptonian...."

For extra cool points Karsta owns a lightsaber. Why? because space marine.

Quote Originally Posted by marhawkman View Post
    this is part of why I wanted to see Karsta Wor-Ul come back. Older Kryptonian who's ex-military... and actually a good person. And good at sucker punching Kal-El

Yeah, he found Karsta's house and just walked up to her without introduction... and came there looking for Kryptonian stuff. Karsta nails him with a haymaker and then in hindsight he's like "Oh right, Kryptonian herbs, probably planted by a Kryptonian...."

I don’t want to see Karsta move to Earth, but I could maybe see a place for her with the Phaelosians.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Incredible Member

It's been a long time since I read a story that I think was written by Kurt Busiek , where Superman meets this older Kryptonian woman .
    Is it Karsta ? I remember buying that issue and reading it and I think that it was a short arc .
    I don't have those books anymore so I'm not sure when it was .
    Thanks .
    P.S., I think that she lived alone on some other planet .

Quote Originally Posted by TheKryptonMan View Post
    It's been a long time since I read a story that I think was written by Kurt Busiek , where Superman meets this older Kryptonian woman .
    Is it Karsta ? I remember buying that issue and reading it and I think that it was a short arc .
    I don't have those books anymore so I'm not sure when it was .
    Thanks .
    P.S., I think that she lived alone on some other planet .
    Karsta actually lived on Earth when Superman met her. There was this long convo she had explaining her backstory to Superman where she talked about all the stuff she'd done since deserting the Kryptonian military. that's probably the "other planet" part you're thinking of. It's actually super compressed since Karsta has been a refugee for over 100 years apparently. Which makes it a bit interesting since Karsta is probably at least 130 when she decked Superman.

Eradicator being joined with a human was an intriguing concept...maybe it could return with more a Firestorm-esque approach?

I had not noted the Star Wars reference.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin