Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Writers Strike Talks Fail! Get ready for more reality shows!

Writers' strike talks have failed. And both acting and directing guilds say they have writers back. Here we go again. The last strike gave us transformers 2 as they couldn't fix the script! Talk shows are already about to shut down. Look for more reality shows, imports from overseas, anime imports, streaming already done films may get a push to theatres and ai scripts that are not as good till this is settled.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/writers...nt-1235353150/

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Good thing I have a hearty backlog of shows on my "to watch" list as well as backlog of Omnis and other reading fare.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Extraordinary Member

What? no more bait and switch swerves, subverted expectations, pedestrian dialogue, who da daddy? and filler? Yay. Bring on the imports and reality tv.

Mandalorian Season Over, Picard Series Done, and Strange New Worlds is in the bag. Yeah, this doesn't affect me at all since I don't watch much current tv. Well good luck to them.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Mandalorian Season Over, Picard Series Done, and Strange New Worlds is in the bag. Yeah, this doesn't affect me at all since I don't watch much current tv. Well good luck to them.
    Same for me. The time change means more daylight in the evenings and it's warming up. I'd rather be outside in the evenings and there is nothing new that I'm interested in anyway.

However, I do hate it for all the people affected by it, including viewers looking forward to unfinished projects.

Niffleheim

I'm in a re-watching phase of some of my favourite shows so unfortunately I won't even notice what's going on with the strike. I'll never watch reality shows.
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Not sure how much this will effect what I'm watching but I hope things turn out well for the writers.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

More anime is good. I won't be hurting.

Extraordinary Member

Well, considering I have my suspicions that AIs have already have been writing Rings of Power, Star Wars (anything these days), anything Marvel these days, Willow, and a dozen others for years now.

Funny how this time, everyone's like "fine, it'll be better now that no one at all is writing these things.

I wonder if more money could be freed up if they stopped with the streaming content. A lot of the shows I hear about get cancelled after the first year. How lucrative is streaming anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    More anime is good. I won't be hurting.
    I agree. I should be watching more anime then.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

SNL has already cancelled this weeks show with Pete Davison and Stephen Colbert had last week off , returned from vacation to learn his show is also going on break now.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

This will give me a chance to catch up on some shows I've been meaning to watch.

Astonishing Member

I stand with writers and fully support their demands for better pay. That being said, I’m hoping this doesn’t go on for too long. Last strike, if my memory serves, lasted for one hundred days and that was back in ‘07. The industry has changed drastically since those then, especially with the rise of streaming and such. I’m just wondering how long it’ll take to reach a resolution this time around.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by protege View Post
    I wonder if more money could be freed up if they stopped with the streaming content. A lot of the shows I hear about get cancelled after the first year. How lucrative is streaming anyway?
    Disney LOVES it!

That was sarcasm, BTW.
    Last edited by achilles; 05-04-2023 at 05:05 PM.