Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast

Default RUMOR: Gillen to relaunch Uncanny X-Men in Dec/Jan

This is a little crazy to hear because based on some of the upcoming Fall of X shifts I heard about a few weeks back, I suspected this exact thing would happen, i.e., Gillen relaunching Uncanny X-Men. Now, let's see if the rest of my prediction comes true: Jean leads this.

Listen to the first minute of this review:

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

About freaking time. Bring the flagship Title back to the fold. Too many mutants running around and not enough books with a viable mission. I recommend that Cable, Bishop and Wolverine be tri captains. But knowing Gillen he's going to make Psylocke the leader.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

I wish it was true, also because I liked his Jean

Ugh if they give Uncanny to anyone I really feel it should be Ewing. Gillen not only got to write Uncanny in the past, but also has got to “lead” the line for pretty much all of Destiny of X.

Yeah, if Gillen got Uncanny, I'd puke.

It's Ewing's by divine mandate.

By rite of conquest.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ugh if they give Uncanny to anyone I really feel it should be Ewing. Gillen not only got to write Uncanny in the past, but also has got to “lead” the line for pretty much all of Destiny of X.
    Fully agree with this and I'm positive it would just be more Sinister nonsense if Gillen gets to write the UXM relaunch.

I don't understand why Ewing hasn't been given keys to the kingdom for at least a few years. He's certainly earned it. Either way, I'd be happy to just see the title return. Hopefully it lasts for more than 3 years before they needlessly relaunch it.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steroid View Post
    Fully agree with this and I'm positive it would just be more Sinister nonsense if Gillen gets to write the UXM relaunch.
    As long as he moves away from Sinister I'll be happy

Extraordinary Member

Gillen got screwed over by AvX/Bendis. I would like to see him to get a proper run again.

Of course I do not think Perch knows anything we don't. We have all though Uncanny was coming back. Fall of X looks to be about 4-5 issues so that would mean Dec/Jan would be the window for follow ups. The only part of the rumor I can't recall any sort of talk about is Gillen taking over but it is hard to take everything Perch says as gospel as he is prone to getting things wrong when he rambles.

all these rumors omg, i just saw someone on here speak about Gillen possibly leaving the X-books. Honestly, i wouldn't mind if he did Uncanny, I enjoyed his last run even though it was interrupted due to multiple big events
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

If there were no Sinister, I'd give it a go.
    "When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — No, you move."

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I don't understand why Ewing hasn't been given keys to the kingdom for at least a few years. He's certainly earned it. Either way, I'd be happy to just see the title return. Hopefully it lasts for more than 3 years before they needlessly relaunch it.
    Yeah, I agree! I really like Ewing.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, if Gillen got Uncanny, I'd puke.

It's Ewing's by divine mandate.

By rite of conquest.
    ...and By superlative talent.

Exacfockintatiously!!!
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I would be X-static is this happened, Gillen and Ewing are the best X-writer duo in ages so any more X-work from either is more than welcome.

That said:

- I know Perch often talks to creators but I don't believe he shared any scoops or rumours before and it's not entirely clear if this Uncanny bit is something he heard or his conjecture.

- Gillen previously shared (circa end of Judgment Day IIRC) that he was halfway through his X-work. That doesn't preclude plans having changed obviously, or the fact he might have been referring to Immortal X-Men specifically.

- Based on what's been shared to far, Gerry Duggan seems be onboard for a third year of X-Men. A full third year won't be completed by Dec/Jan unless some serious double-shipping kicks in. I find it much more likely for a new writer to take over next Summer when (Legacy) Uncanny X-Men #700 hits.

Just my 2 cents.

I wonder if this is the "super secret" title Jordan referred to in X-Men Monday #200. I suppose it would depend on how long Fall of X lasts, i.e., whether it's being considered an era rather than an event.

Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."