Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    ....Oh GAWDFUCKINGNO!!!!
    De, you've been punchy lately, lol. Imagine if they allowed Claremont to use Moira to reset everything back to the 1970s.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

....Oh GAWDFUCKINGNO!!!!
    there was that short stint where he returned.

I mean for this anniversary I can imagine him coming back for a 12 issue arc to end his say on the team with a bang.

I would be here for it, to be perfectly fair.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Then it would my que to retire from reading the X-books. There's no going back/living in the past for me. At this point Claremont has lost all touch with the current times and would be an even worse choice than Gillenister.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I know it will never happen (with all the inevitable complaints about not enough diversity, women, representation etc etc etc) but...It would be an absolute hoot if...they actually relaunched UXM 2024 with the same ANAD team: Storm, Wolverine, Banshee, Sunfire, Thunderbird, Colossus and Nightcrawler.
    Just in time for the 50th anniversary of the Giant-Size in 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Ugh if they give Uncanny to anyone I really feel it should be Ewing. Gillen not only got to write Uncanny in the past, but also has got to “lead” the line for pretty much all of Destiny of X.
    Agreed. But that room has long been an echo chamber, so why reward your most talented writer, let alone diversify anything.

Then it would my que to retire from reading the X-books. There's no going back/living in the past for me. At this point Claremont has lost all touch with the current times and would be an even worse choice than Gillenister.
    Gotta agree. I'm fine with Claremont doing some stuff set in the past -- if it didn't screw the present up -- but I don't want him on the new books.

I'm fine with Gillen on Uncanny as long as he leaves Sinister behind. I liked his Journey Into Mystery and New Mutants work.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quill-Han-Vos View Post
    Except Immortal Hulk.
    That well known mutant, Bruce Banner

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, if Gillen got Uncanny, I'd puke.

It's Ewing's by divine mandate.

By rite of conquest.
    It's time to riot. Give this to Ewing, he's the better writer.

....Oh GAWDFUCKINGNO!!!!
    ....! you made me LOL so hard, I not only spit out my d'iced tea lemone but also my Cantucci!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

I prefer Lord Claremont's Sinister circa Inferno to Gillen's mess. And while he's certainly of an older generation and somewhat set in his ways, the recent X-Treme mini with Larroca was not bad. While I would prefer to see Ewing get a shot on Uncanny, one more run by Claremont wouldn't be the end of the world.
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    It's time to riot. Give this to Ewing, he's the better writer.

No Ewing, no Peace!

No more Gillen! No more Gillen! No more Gillen!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    De, you've been punchy lately, lol. Imagine if they allowed Claremont to use Moira to reset everything back to the 1970s.
    LOL Claremont would have the last laugh. **** DeFalco, Harras, Quesada and everyone else, erase them all out of existence Chris!

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This is a little crazy to hear because based on some of the upcoming Fall of X shifts I heard about a few weeks back, I suspected this exact thing would happen, i.e., Gillen relaunching Uncanny X-Men. Now, let's see if the rest of my prediction comes true: Jean leads this.

Listen to the first minute of this review:

I'm out on this. This is going to have to be one heck of a pitch and team for me to be interested.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Incredible Member

I know it will never happen (with all the inevitable complaints about not enough diversity, women, representation etc etc etc) but...It would be an absolute hoot if...they actually relaunched UXM 2024 with the same ANAD team: Storm, Wolverine, Banshee, Sunfire, Thunderbird, Colossus and Nightcrawler.
    Well, I believe there's a possibility of a fair bit of this. Nightcrawler’s hiding out as Spider-Man, Logan's going to be off on his own, Colossus will be found to be working for his brother and Banshee is, apparently, broken again and dreaming of vengeance. So, at least some of them bear watching.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    I prefer Lord Claremont's Sinister circa Inferno to Gillen's mess. And while he's certainly of an older generation and somewhat set in his ways, the recent X-Treme mini with Larroca was not bad. While I would prefer to see Ewing get a shot on Uncanny, one more run by Claremont wouldn't be the end of the world.
    I was 100% onboard with Gillen's Sinister (which I loved equally to Lord Claremont's) until they did the heart-spade-club variants of the same character.