Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I wonder if Claremont would have anything new to say about the X-Men...
    No.

The last time he tried, nobody was impressed.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    I don't think there's such a big name that consistently drives sales, but in terms of critical praise, I would say Ewing and McCay are two of the closest.
    I personally prefer Ewing over Hickman, as I think Hickman is overated.
    Yep, agreed. Never read anything by McCay

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    IDK, it seems just like Gillen is obsessed with writing Sinister and making him central to his story, Ewing is doing the same with Storm. He literally turned the Sword title into essentially a Storm solo featuring a supporting cast. Some writers just gravitate to pushing a certain character to the fore even in a supposedly "ensemble" cast. Duggan is currently doing it with Jean, Howard has been doing it with Betsy, Ewing is doing it with Storm and Gillen is most certainly doing it with Sinister. I would say look outside the current crop of x-writers for the next Uncanny writer.
    I’ll do it, but I warn you that I’ll turn it into a stealth Toad book.
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

I find hilarious that people complain about Gillen using Sinister too much when
    - people complained that Sinister's presence on the QC was a problem that needed to be adressed
    - people loved Hellion, who made Sinister clearly the main character
    - Gillen specifically stated in many interviews that he couldn't really make anything out of Pryde, Storm, Nightcrawler and Colossus and include them too deep in his plot because they were big parts on other books, and still gave us very nice characterization of them through POV issues

Now I totally hope that he lets go of Sinister if he gets an independant Uncanny team.
    His next villain will probably be a quippy mysterious conniving charming old british bastard though. I vote for Unit to return.

BANNED

I love Unit too, yall. lol I am sorry

Quote Originally Posted by IN-a-Synch View Post
    He could bring back Unit. He was hilarious. No more Sinister though. I am over Sinister for a good while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicoclaws View Post

Now I totally hope that he lets go of Sinister if he gets an independant Uncanny team.
    His next villain will probably be a quippy mysterious conniving charming old british bastard though. I vote for Unit to return.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    I am glad we are all in agreement here
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

He could bring back Unit. He was hilarious.
    I am glad we are all in agreement here
    Y'all, I am in complete agreement! We need to see Unit again.

If I recall correctly he hasn't been seen since that original Gillen run, right? Like, no-one else has used him. Or did I miss an appearance?
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

If I recall correctly he hasn't been seen since that original Gillen run, right? Like, no-one else has used him. Or did I miss an appearance?

As far as i recall yes he was only seen in those Sword issues and X-men issues back in the day.
    "She never loved you, you know you always frightened her"- Cyclops
    "And if she was here right now....Who do you think she would be more frightened of?"- Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by Odd Rödney View Post

I don't think he has, no. Just Gillen's Sword and Uncanny runs. He did consider using him in Iron Man, but went with a different robotic character instead.

And I'd definitely like to see him again too, one of the most interesting new villains of the last 15 years and it felt like we never saw Gillen's full plans for him.

Yeah Unit's absence from the HoX PoX era is a little bit baffling, tbh. Maybe because he's an alien robot and not a human-made one ?

I wish Mike Carey came back

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Who is the non-Hickman "It" writer at Marvel?
    Marvel hasn't been in the superstar writer game in a while for the most part so I don't really think there's anyone even near Hickman-level of popularity. I'd actually say Kieron Gillen would probably be the closest, as he's had very respectable success with his creator-owned books and acclaim for his Darth Vader run.

Maybe because he's an alien robot and not a human-made one ?
    I always got that feeling, especially from the Gillen Uncanny stuff. Also would explain SWORD's interest.

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I wish Mike Carey came back
    I'd be entirely cool with that!!
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Uncanny X-Man View Post
    Marvel hasn't been in the superstar writer game in a while for the most part so I don't really think there's anyone even near Hickman-level of popularity. I'd actually say Kieron Gillen would probably be the closest, as he's had very respectable success with his creator-owned books and acclaim for his Darth Vader run.
    I think this is begging a different question:

Who are the big-name writers industry-wide?

I think this is begging a different question:

Who are the big-name writers industry-wide?
    Tom King, Geoff Johns, Grant Morrison…
    But the last two used to be bigger. Tom Taylor is pretty big now, but he did tank a Suicide Squad book not long ago.
    And Williamson is being called the new DC architect and getting some very high profile books, but his events tend to be huge messes.