Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    Complaining that the main villain of a book got focus while his plot was ongoing seems odd to me.
    A book about a council of 12 members only talking about one that is the main villain for the most part seems a lot more odd to me. Destiny issue, shaw, issue, hope, issue, the rest were pretty much about sinister or setting things up for him. Or a book about mutants talking about eternals and them judging mutants seems pretty weird to me too or eternals identifying what mutants "really" are in a book about mutants. Every last issue or crossover has been a direct attack on this era, that part doesn't seem odd but more intentional.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yeah, if Gillen got Uncanny, I'd puke.

It's Ewing's by divine mandate.

By rite of conquest.
    Co-signed!

10 char

Uncanny X-Men starring Sinister, Sinister, Sinister, Sinister, Sinister, Sinister, and Sinister.

All of them fighting against--you guessed it--Sinister.

I think people here aren't taking in consideration the fact Gillen didn't have the final say on a lot of those characters. Remember all those times Storm was needed elsewhere right before someone kicked the Council's ass? That was probably because Storm currently undefeated status is a really important theme in Ewing's work.
    He couldn't have her getting beaten without messing up XMR, so his choices were having her KOing the bad guys or removing her off the board before the fight started.

Kate is always away, because she is doing whatever she does in Marauders, Kurt is doing whatever he does in Legion, etc.

I remember, when Gillen started in Immortal he said he would focus on the character he had more freedom handling and those under other writers guide would be more on the background, so I don't think anyone can didn't know what to expect from Immortal before it started.

Quote Originally Posted by Ra-El View Post
    I think people here aren't taking in consideration the fact Gillen didn't have the final say on a lot of those characters. Remember all those times Storm was needed elsewhere right before someone kicked the Council's ass? That was probably because Storm currently undefeated status is a really important theme in Ewing's work.
    He couldn't have her getting beaten without messing up XMR, so his choices were having her KOing the bad guys or removing her off the board before the fight started.

Kate is always away, because she is doing whatever she does in Marauders, Kurt is doing whatever he does in Legion, etc.

I remember, when Gillen started in Immortal he said he would focus on the character he had more freedom handling and those under other writers guide would be more on the background, so I don't think anyone can didn't know what to expect from Immortal before it started.
    Yall are still crying that storm is actually a competent fighter? Sorry that she isnt bumbling idiot that doesnt know how to handle herself in a fight. Lmao Bffr.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Fantastic Member

Huh, didn't think this would be such a negative thing around here. I thought his last run on uncanny was well received?

I really like his previous x-work, and would be thrilled to see him return to uncanny. I know some people are over Sinister, but I'm sure Gillen could write other villains.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    This is a little crazy to hear because based on some of the upcoming Fall of X shifts I heard about a few weeks back, I suspected this exact thing would happen, i.e., Gillen relaunching Uncanny X-Men. Now, let's see if the rest of my prediction comes true: Jean leads this.

Listen to the first minute of this review:

Bring
    It
    On
    !
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I know it will never happen (with all the inevitable complaints about not enough diversity, women, representation etc etc etc) but...It would be an absolute hoot if...they actually relaunched UXM 2024 with the same ANAD team: Storm, Wolverine, Banshee, Sunfire, Thunderbird, Colossus and Nightcrawler.
    They’re saving that team for the next X-Factor book

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    Oh no. There's speculation that a revived, younger Beast will join Uncanny Avengers this fall. I'm not that familiar with Duggan's work so if it's true would he treat Hank right?

You know that thread in this forum titled 'Hellfire Collection'? I misread it as 'Hellion Collection'. That sounds pretty cool. A collection of Hellion's greatest adventures!
    In Duggan’s previous Uncanny Avengers run, he wrote Beast beautifully. They need omnify that series.
    Last edited by ARkadelphia; 05-03-2023 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Yall are still crying that storm is actually a competent fighter? Sorry that she isnt bumbling idiot that doesnt know how to handle herself in a fight. Lmao Bffr.
    Lol what??

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    In Duggan’s previous Uncanny Avengers run, he wrote Beast beautifully. They need omnify that series.
    Yeah, a revived younger Beast on UA would actually make a lot of sense IMO.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Yeah, a revived younger Beast on UA would actually make a lot of sense IMO.
    I'm so tired of waiting for my boy to get fixed. This is just dragging on, and on, and on.
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungho View Post
    I'm so tired of waiting for my boy to get fixed. This is just dragging on, and on, and on.
    I thought Beast was neutered during his cat phase?

Oh! That’s probably not how you meant the word “fixed”. Nevermind.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Lol what??
    Lol pokemon
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    I'd like to see other mutants take over Krakoa - The Promise.
    Such a weird little group. Not sure what Byrne was going for there.