Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Lol pokemon
    He wasn't criticizing Storm or Al Ewing

Quote Originally Posted by arkadelphia View Post
    i thought beast was neutered during his cat phase?

Oh! That’s probably not how you meant the word “fixed”. Nevermind.
    You dare!?!

(jk)
    placeholder signature until I can think of something.

I wouldn't hate Gillen back on the book but I'd much prefer Al Ewing, for sure.
    "Kids don't care **** about superhero comic books. And if they do, they probably start with manga, with One Punch-Man or My Hero Academia. " -ImOctavius.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    Yall are still crying that storm is actually a competent fighter? Sorry that she isnt bumbling idiot that doesnt know how to handle herself in a fight. Lmao Bffr.
    Not at all.
    What I said is that in Ewing's book part of the reason Storm become so respected in Arakko was that she was able to defeat everyone that challenged her position, and the only way she could remain in their council, was remaining undefeated.

That's was a important part in the story of X-Men Red, it would have been a dick movie if Gillen just had Storm getting beaten by whatever villain he have and undercut Ewing's story, instead of fans asking why Storm was never in fight they would be asking how she could remain in the Arakko circle if she lost.

That's my point, Gillen had to respect the work of his collegues and sometimes the best way of doing it was to not use certain characters.

Is always worth remembering the time Claremont and Byrne would clash over what should happen, you know, like one of them would kill or retire a character and the other would bring the character back to life.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 05-04-2023 at 05:26 PM.

I don't really see the point in bringing back Uncanny.

I'd personally only have one title with 'X-Men' unless the adjective actually differentiates the book (like Dark X-Men or even X-Men Red [Planet]).

If the book does come back, I think it should go to Ewing for him to continue his Storm story.

Ugh! I don’t want Gillen writing the x-men anymore. I’m sure he’s a great guy. But, He’s obsessed with the same characters (none that I really care for). I’ve been literally waiting everyday for an announcement that he’s leaving the x-titles. I legit slept through whatever the last crossover was with the Eternals. His Uncanny back in the day was so boring. Why did he have to get involved with krakoa? The Krakoa concept is great, and I’m sure he’s behind tearing it down. I never ever complain about writers, but Gillen?

Ewing writing Uncanny would be amazing!
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

BANNED

Pair Gillen with Stephanie Hans again!

What if Claremont is the writer they charge with relaunching Uncanny X-Men? Frankly, I think he could do wonders if required to remain within the parameters established by Hickman and the Krakoan era in general.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

I wonder if Claremont would have anything new to say about the X-Men...

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I wonder if Claremont would have anything new to say about the X-Men...
    He won’t tell you for free….
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by shugahfree View Post
    I don't really see the point in bringing back Uncanny.

I'd personally only have one title with 'X-Men' unless the adjective actually differentiates the book (like Dark X-Men or even X-Men Red [Planet]).

If the book does come back, I think it should go to Ewing for him to continue his Storm story.
    Honestly, I agree. I feel no need to have both an adjectiveless X-men book and Uncanny at the same time.
    I'd much rather keep having more unique concepts like Red and then get the return of some missing books like X-factor, Excalibur, New Mutants and a proper X-force.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Celestialbodies View Post
    I enjoy both Gillen and Ewing, but I gotta agree with most Gillen has been hyper focused on telling this Sinister narrative which is fine. But he's had two recent crossovers which he was the head of and neither were great! I do like the interconnectivity and consistency but Ewing seems to be a lot more diverse with the story he's telling. Back to back he's demonstrated with a class of mostly C or D list characters he can and will make every effort to focus on them and highlight them. Again, I enjoy Gillen but he seems to enjoy a certain sect of characters and their really the only ones who get focus and development, his use of Storm has been odd since the beginning.

I personally think Ewing, has earned at least the opportunity to juggle a cast of mostly A-listers or the overall narrative for the franchise.
    IDK, it seems just like Gillen is obsessed with writing Sinister and making him central to his story, Ewing is doing the same with Storm. He literally turned the Sword title into essentially a Storm solo featuring a supporting cast. Some writers just gravitate to pushing a certain character to the fore even in a supposedly "ensemble" cast. Duggan is currently doing it with Jean, Howard has been doing it with Betsy, Ewing is doing it with Storm and Gillen is most certainly doing it with Sinister. I would say look outside the current crop of x-writers for the next Uncanny writer.

BANNED

Who is the non-Hickman "It" writer at Marvel?

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    IDK, it seems just like Gillen is obsessed with writing Sinister and making him central to his story, Ewing is doing the same with Storm. He literally turned the Sword title into essentially a Storm solo featuring a supporting cast. Some writers just gravitate to pushing a certain character to the fore even in a supposedly "ensemble" cast. Duggan is currently doing it with Jean, Howard has been doing it with Betsy, Ewing is doing it with Storm and Gillen is most certainly doing it with Sinister. I would say look outside the current crop of x-writers for the next Uncanny writer.
    While I will not deny that Red is Storm centric, I do think Ewing can do a very good job balancing cast. Lots of other characters like Magneto, Sunspot, etc. have gotten focus and he’s been building up an entire mutant culture with new characters. SatB was just as much about John Ironfire (if not more) as it was about Ororo. I’m sure if his assignment was to do a more balanced team book he’d easily be able to.

Quote Originally Posted by Kitty&Piotr<3 View Post
    Who is the non-Hickman "It" writer at Marvel?
    I don't think there's such a big name that consistently drives sales, but in terms of critical praise, I would say Ewing and McCay are two of the closest.
    I personally prefer Ewing over Hickman, as I think Hickman is overated.