Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Can Nova (Richard Rider) lead a prominent team of Marvel heroes?

We've already seen Nova be a longtime solo hero. He's also been a part of the Champions of Xandar and the New Warriors, dabbled with the Avengers, led an inter-galactic army AND the Guardians of the Galaxy, and now hangs out with the X-Men. Isn't it time Richard gets his own team of superheroes to lead? It can be on Earth, in space, or both. Let's make this happen!

He's one of the most powerful heroes in the universe now. He needs to stay in space and fight cosmic threats. Him going back to earth would only regress the character in my opinion.

It's shame Ewings run ended on Guardians. Rich was fitting into leadership the role nicely.

Since Guardians have gone all "family" and "ragtag" again for the tenth time, I think Rich would be good on a heavyweight team that fights the biggest threats in the universe that no one can face.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    He's one of the most powerful heroes in the universe now. He needs to stay in space and fight cosmic threats. Him going back to earth would only regress the character in my opinion.

It's shame Ewings run ended on Guardians. Rich was fitting into leadership the role nicely.

Since Guardians have gone all "family" and "ragtag" again for the tenth time, I think Rich would be good on a heavyweight team that fights the biggest threats in the universe that no one can face.
    I agree. I've always wanted to see Rich form a team like you mentioned. Something like the Annihilators, but with Rich in charge. Definitely need Quasar (Wendell Vaughn) on this team.

Maybe Rich could join the Imperial Guard, form a buddy cop team w. one of the regulars.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    We've already seen Nova be a longtime solo hero. He's also been a part of the Champions of Xandar and the New Warriors, dabbled with the Avengers, led an inter-galactic army AND the Guardians of the Galaxy, and now hangs out with the X-Men. Isn't it time Richard gets his own team of superheroes to lead? It can be on Earth, in space, or both. Let's make this happen!
    Quote Originally Posted by Riv86672 View Post
    Maybe Rich could join the Imperial Guard, form a buddy cop team w. one of the regulars.
    Wouldn't it make much more sense for Richard Rider to lead a team of specially selected Xandarians a'la Kallark of the Imperial Guard being that his source of power, the Nova Force is derived from the Xandarian Worldmind?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wouldn't it make much more sense for Richard Rider to lead a team of specially selected Xandarians a'la Kallark of the Imperial Guard being that his source of power, the Nova Force is derived from the Xandarian Worldmind?
    Xandar and Shi'ar were always two separate empires. Working together is one thing, but working for the Shi'ar in the imperial guard is completely different.

BANNED

Xandar and Shi'ar were always two separate empires. Working together is one thing, but working for the Shi'ar in the imperial guard is completely different.
    Isn't that what I just said more or less?

Sad, but true. I'll miss his supporting cast (especially Ginger-Jaye):

But, this would be a great opportunity towards bringing back Adora (IMHO):

I concur. If at all possible, I'd love to see a modern-day version of The Infinity Watch (XD)

^^^I don’t see the issue (no pun intended).

It’s a staple of buddy cop movies/tv shows to have an “outsider” working on the force.

Red Heat (Russian in America)
    Due South (Canadian in America)
    Beverly Hills Cop (Detroit cop in B.H.)
    Coogan’s Bluff (Arizona sherif in N.Y.C.)
    McCloud (New Mexico marshal in N.Y.C.)
    Alien Nation (alien newcomer to Earth becomes a cop)

And on and on ad nauseum.

Anyway it was just an idea. I’m a fan of Rich, and would enjoy seeing him regularly.

Isn't that what I just said more or less?
    Sorry I misread your post! I read it as working under Kallark. So yes, great idea

Ultimate Member

I was always interested in those other Xandarian heroes. There was a super-psychic, who channeled psychic might from the worldmind, IIRC, there were 'syphon warriors' that could leech power off of others, and that Diamondhead dude who turned traitor.

But I'd also like to see him form a group with some other cosmic / space sorts who are at loose ends, like Frankie Raye/Supernova, or Aleta/Starhawk, Cosmo, Starfox, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I was always interested in those other Xandarian heroes. There was a super-psychic, who channeled psychic might from the worldmind, IIRC, there were 'syphon warriors' that could leech power off of others, and that Diamondhead dude who turned traitor.

But I'd also like to see him form a group with some other cosmic / space sorts who are at loose ends, like Frankie Raye/Supernova, or Aleta/Starhawk, Cosmo, Starfox, etc.
    Speaking of Xandarian heroes, I wouldn't mind seeing Rich with heroes taking up the mantle of the Comet and Powerhouse. Of course, I'd also like to see Quasar on that team. Maybe even a variation of Torpedo/Turbo?

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    Speaking of Xandarian heroes, I wouldn't mind seeing Rich with heroes taking up the mantle of the Comet and Powerhouse. Of course, I'd also like to see Quasar on that team. Maybe even a variation of Torpedo/Turbo?
    You could even include Firelord and Airwalker in a group of Xandarian heroes.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I’ve wanted a new Infinity Watch for a long time now. I wouldn’t mind seeing him in an iteration of that team. Or, if given the correct creative team, give us a Nova book that deals with the Corps, but is focused on Rich. Depower him for a bit, then move outwards and upwards. I’d kill to see someone give him the Geoff Johns Green Lantern treatment.
    Comic-Watch Reviewer

Titles:
    /Doctor Strange/Captain Marvel\Scarlet Witch\
    /Iron Man/Captain Britain/Wasp\X-Men\
    /JSA\/X-Treme X-Men\/WILDCATS\

https://comic-watch.com/author/baradtzgmail-com

Can't really depower him without killing him, at the moment.