Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Yes! one of the best runs of anything. i still mourn the loss of this gotg run occasionally. lol
    The real question is does a writer want to write Richard Rider as a prominent lead because Ewing has shown it can be done twice in recent history.
    theartandcolor.jpg
    thedrama.jpg
    thedoom.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Nova is one of my favorite characters so while I'm definitely biased I firmly believe that Annihilation and Ewing's GOTG prove that Rich is a capable leader. It actually annoys me that Marvel isn't giving Rich the push he deserves.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Can't really depower him without killing him, at the moment.
    In theory, he could spark a new Nova Corps, from some Xandarian remnant survivors, or other people he deems worthy, and spread that power around, like in the old days when there were many Novas tapping into the Nova Force.

But that's not necessary if he's on a team with others at that level, like Eternals, Moondragon, godly types like Hercules and Loki, etc. His power, for all it's level, it's just faster, stronger, tougher, with some blasts, and not quite as power-of-plot like some magicians, reality manipulators, Omega mutants, psychics, power cosmic-users, etc.

Ewing can make it happen
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes! one of the best runs of anything. i still mourn the loss of this gotg run occasionally. lol
    The real question is does a writer want to write Richard Rider as a prominent lead because Ewing has shown it can be done twice in recent history.
    theartandcolor.jpg
    thedrama.jpg
    thedoom.jpg
    Which title and issue are these frames from, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    In theory, he could spark a new Nova Corps, from some Xandarian remnant survivors, or other people he deems worthy, and spread that power around, like in the old days when there were many Novas tapping into the Nova Force.
    I don't think Richard Rider or any other Nova Force welder can actually parse (transfer entirely, perhaps) their access to the Nova Force as you set forth.

Last edited by Micabe; 05-04-2023 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Link(s) added.

There was always an argument that if Rich restarted the corps again he'd lose most of his powers. But isn't the Nova force supposed to be a limitless amount of power? Not sure how starting up the corps would reduce his power levels and standing in the cosmic universe?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

I don't think Richard Rider or any other Nova Force welder can actually parse (transfer entirely, perhaps) their access to the Nova Force as you set forth.

Yeah I think you're right. Only Worldmind might have the ability to transfer power.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post

Guardians of the galaxy 175 but it was really issue 13 of Ewing run. It only got better from there too. Just thinking about it still starts to get me a little upset. like by 17 i was drooling for more. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Guardians of the galaxy 175 but it was really issue 13 of Ewing run. It only got better from there too. Just thinking about it still starts to get me a little upset. like by 17 i was drooling for more. lol
    God that series was so good. I'm still gutted that it ended. I'm reading the new series of Guardians, but I don't think anything can beat Ewings version.

That was a really good series, but I kinda miss pre-cancerverse Nova, even though the PTSD is certainly logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    That was a really good series, but I kinda miss pre-cancerverse Nova, even though the PTSD is certainly logical.
    Amen to this. I'm still upset about them dumping Rich there and leaving him to rot. I digress. Don't want to start this argument up again.

X-Men Red featured Nova.

A little bromance between Rich and Sunspot. I wonder how a younger Rich would have taken to Berto? Rich before annihilation may not have been arrogant, but he certainly was sure of himself. And I liked the way he told Berto to get behind him to protect him. That was nice.

There was even a mention of Night Thrasher in a conversation between Storm and human.

As much as I miss Ewings Guardians, I really wish he'd write a Nova solo. He clearly enjoys the character and has proven to be a big Nova and New Warriors fan!

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    X-Men Red featured Nova.

A little bromance between Rich and Sunspot. I wonder how a younger Rich would have taken to Berto? Rich before annihilation may not have been arrogant, but he certainly was sure of himself. And I liked the way he told Berto to get behind him to protect him. That was nice.

There was even a mention of Night Thrasher in a conversation between Storm and human.

As much as I miss Ewings Guardians, I really wish he'd write a Nova solo. He clearly enjoys the character and has proven to be a big Nova and New Warriors fan!
    The Night Thrasher reference made me smile. Always liked the sibling rivalry vibe between Rich and Dwayne.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    X-Men Red featured Nova.

Interesting question. Rich did meet X-Force (along with Moonstar and Karma) during the Child's Play crossover, but Sunspot wasn't on the team at the time.

Back then Beto was kind of immature. He didn't show much sign of the deviousness (I mean that in a good way) he has now. Although he was incredibly loyal to his friends (he followed Dani into Valhalla, at one point), he was shallow a lot of the time. I think they might actually get on each other's nerves a bit. I could see Rich being annoyed with Roberto's ego, especially since Roberto would be a couple of years younger.

I'd love to see Nova lead a space division of the Avengers. I know there was sortof an attempt at that in the past,(maybe it was just one storyline) but Rich wasn't heavily featured, and it was pretty forgettable as I (barely) recall.