Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    I'd love to see Nova lead a space division of the Avengers. I know there was sortof an attempt at that in the past,(maybe it was just one storyline) but Rich wasn't heavily featured, and it was pretty forgettable as I (barely) recall.
    You're thinking of secret Avengers aren't you? Yeah Rich was pretty much jobbing on that team to show how dangerous a threat the serpent crown was

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Interesting question. Rich did meet X-Force (along with Moonstar and Karma) during the Child's Play crossover, but Sunspot wasn't on the team at the time.

Back then Beto was kind of immature. He didn't show much sign of the deviousness (I mean that in a good way) he has now. Although he was incredibly loyal to his friends (he followed Dani into Valhalla, at one point), he was shallow a lot of the time. I think they might actually get on each other's nerves a bit. I could see Rich being annoyed with Roberto's ego, especially since Roberto would be a couple of years younger.
    I agree. I think they would have rubbed eachother the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    The Night Thrasher reference made me smile. Always liked the sibling rivalry vibe between Rich and Dwayne.
    Me too. Glad they were able to patch things up in the end, though...

Astonishing Member

I had an idea once for a team comprised mostly of Earth people who had gotten powers as a result of Extra terrestrials monkeying around. The was Jack of Harts, The Torpedo) Ultra Girl and I think Korg. I called them Starcrossed Squadron or something like that. Anyway Rich is awesome and more than qualified to lead any Super Team

Rich certainly can lead a team, but should he? I think I like him best as a lone operative most of the time. He should certainly be leading in Cosmic events, but I think he's better off with the freedom to come and go as he pleases. That said, I love him being in X-men Red, and hope he sticks around for a while.

Snapshot_23-08-10_19-32-35.jpg

This thread has been a bit inactive as Rich/Nova has been part of the X-MEN RED cast since issue 4 after GOTG ended but we're heading for the Genesis War in issue 14 next week and Rich is back in the thick of a major war scenario for the fate of Mars/Arakko leading Storm's side in a war against Genesis, the wife of Apocalypse if you don't know. Shades of Annihilation. Check it out if you can.

BANNED

I have to confess, I only know his first volume which was oddly Earth bound. Just like Silver Surfer, they both need to thrive in the cosmic expanse. Both their first volumes failed by the Earthen chains. So I would hope Nova could either become a solo cosmic character like the Green Lantern archetype he is, or only trot him out for big events - the unfortunate current fate of Surfer.

Maybe even more confusing to me is how Jack of Hearts made the cosmic leap, but Nova is still so underutilized.
    Last edited by Darkshadow; 08-11-2023 at 02:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post

This thread has been a bit inactive as Rich/Nova has been part of the X-MEN RED cast since issue 4 after GOTG ended but we're heading for the Genesis War in issue 14 next week and Rich is back in the thick of a major war scenario for the fate of Mars/Arakko leading Storm's side in a war against Genesis, the wife of Apocalypse if you don't know. Shades of Annihilation. Check it out if you can.
    Absolutely love Rich! I'll definitely check this out!

I've always wanted to see Rich lead his own team out in space with ties to Earth. Not the GOTG, though. Here's what I think would be a kick ass roster for Rich to lead:

Nova (Rich Rider)
    Kymaera (Namorita Prentiss)
    Quasar (Wendell Vaughn)
    Photon (Monica Rambeau)
    Comet (Harris Moore is gone, so I'd strip Robbie Rider of Talonar and have him as the Comet)
    Turbo (Mickey Musashi)
    Beta Ray Bill
    Cosmo

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    I've always wanted to see Rich lead his own team out in space with ties to Earth. Not the GOTG, though. Here's what I think would be a kick ass roster for Rich to lead:

Nova (Rich Rider)
    Kymaera (Namorita Prentiss)
    Quasar (Wendell Vaughn)
    Photon (Monica Rambeau)
    Comet (Harris Moore is gone, so I'd strip Robbie Rider of Talonar and have him as the Comet)
    Turbo (Mickey Musashi)
    Beta Ray Bill
    Cosmo
    Great line-up! My only addition would be...

The Powell: DarkHawk

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post

I just love how, almost more than any Marvel hero, Nova just THROWS himself into galactic wars and big cosmic threats. And it's always a blast to see him clean house.

He's come so far since those New Warrior days.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post

I concur. If at all possible, I'd love to see a modern-day version of The Infinity Watch (XD)

A new Infinity Watch would be really cool.
    I’d love a new high-stakes cosmic team.

They could have:
    - Nova (power gem)
    - Warlock (soul gem)
    - Moondragon (mind gem)
    - Phyla-Vell (reality gem)
    - Manifold (space gem)
    - Mantis (time gem)

Quote Originally Posted by Garlador View Post
    I just love how, almost more than any Marvel hero, Nova just THROWS himself into galactic wars and big cosmic threats. And it's always a blast to see him clean house.

He's come so far since those New Warrior days.
    He really has. It's good to see him like this, although sometimes he's seemed a little underpowered since Ewing's been writing him.

Anyway, I got the new Marvel Multiverse RPG about a week and a half ago, and Rich is one of the first characters I've built. Since this seems to be his de facto appreciation thread, I thought it belonged here.

I'm a bit confused regarding Elemental damage, but I'm going with it being controlled by Ego, but using Agility to hit.

There's some stuff I simplified or didn't explain (like Weird) because it would take too long.
    Cost always comes out of Focus points.
    "Non-Com" stands for Non Combat checks.
    1 space is 5 feet, so speed 5 means the character can move 25 feet per round. A round is 5 seconds.
    There wasn't an Elemental: Gravity power set, but Force seemed pretty close to how his powers actually work.

In retrospect, I could have easily gone up to rank 5 or even 6 with Rich, and given him some Tactics powers, but this seems pretty close.

Nova (Prime)

Size: Average
    Occupation: Military (Nova Corps) I could have gone with Law Enforcement instead.
    Origin: Weird Science

Traits

Battle Ready (+30 Focus)
    Connections: Military (Nova Corps)
    Situational Awareness (Edge in Initiative)
    Weird
    Combat Reflexes (2 reactions)
    Determination (No Trouble on rolls when Demoralized)
    Famous (Cosmic war hero)
    Tech Reliance: Helmet (Environmental Protection, Uncanny 1)

Tags

Authority (Nova Corps)
    Heroic
    Linguist (Tech -- Universal Translator)
    Public Identity

Abilities

Melee +3 [Defense 13; Damage ×6 +3; Non-Com 5]
    Agility +4 [Defense 14; Damage ×4 +4; Non-Com 4]
    Resilience +4 [Defense 14; Non-Com 4]
    Vigilance +3 [Defense 13; Non- Com]
    Ego +5 [Defense 15; Damage ×6 +5; Non-Com 7]
    Logic +1 [Defense 11; Damage ×4 +1; Non-Com 1]

Health: 120 [DR -3]
    Focus: 120 [DR -1]
    Initiative: 3E

Speed: Run(5); Climb(3); Swim(3); Jump(3); Flight (20/1000)

Powers

Basic
    Discipline 2 (+2 Ego Damage multiplier; +2 non-combat checks)
    Environmental Protection (can survive space)
    Flight 2 (flight speed 20 on combat/1000 of of combat)
    Inspiration (Ally in earshot gets an edge for the round)
    Mighty 2 (like Discipline, but for Melee; can lift "Huge" objects)
    Sturdy 3 ( - 3 to enemy health damage multiplier)
    Uncanny 1 (-1 to enemy focus damage multiplier)

Elemental (Force) Set
    Force Barrage (cost:15 Half damage to any enemy within 10 squares who fails Ego vs Resilience check)
    Force Barrier (cost:5 Creates a wall)
    Force Blast (cost:5+ ranged attack +1 too damage multiplier per 2 points focus)
    Force Burst (ranged attack)
    Force Protection 2 (cost:10 Personal force field absorbs 20 points damage)
    Force Sphere (cost:10 Envelopes within 20 squares, absorbs 20 points damage)

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Great line-up! My only addition would be...

The Powell: DarkHawk

I LOVE Chris! I neglected to put him on my team because I was trying to erase Robbie being a Talon. HOWEVER, now that we have crossed that bridge, Chris Powell Darkhawk rounds out my team.

Mighty Member

Rather Richard is capable of leading isn't even in question. It's been proven. I just don't think creators are interested in that aspect of Richard, and Nova's in general. Compared to say, the Green Lantern Corps, the Nova Corps is woefully underdeveloped, and as soon as some sort of structure for the corps is being established it falls apart. I remember during Secret Wars they had a Nova mini, and I thought it was great. I don't see why Nova can't have a book where he's leading 3-4 other Novas, because I think that mini proved the concept works.