Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scribbleMind View Post
    Rather Richard is capable of leading isn't even in question. It's been proven. I just don't think creators are interested in that aspect of Richard, and Nova's in general. Compared to say, the Green Lantern Corps, the Nova Corps is woefully underdeveloped, and as soon as some sort of structure for the corps is being established it falls apart. I remember during Secret Wars they had a Nova mini, and I thought it was great. I don't see why Nova can't have a book where he's leading 3-4 other Novas, because I think that mini proved the concept works.
    This may be an unpopular opinion, but I've always felt that Richard gets lost whenever the CORPS start up again. What I'd like to see moving forward is Rich leading a team of other cosmic heroes from Earth. And since we're stuck with Sam, maybe he can be Richard's sidekick, Kid Nova? Just my opinion, not looking to start an argument with those that like Sam.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    This may be an unpopular opinion, but I've always felt that Richard gets lost whenever the CORPS start up again. What I'd like to see moving forward is Rich leading a team of other cosmic heroes from Earth. And since we're stuck with Sam, maybe he can be Richard's sidekick, Kid Nova? Just my opinion, not looking to start an argument with those that like Sam.
    Agreed. My favorite stories with Rich have been on Earth, solo, or on Earth, with the New Warriors, or in space, during Annihilation (or now, on Arakko).

Xandar and the rest of the Nova Corps just never really did it for me. (I was more interested in the *other* Xandarian types, like the Siphon Warriors or the dude with the psi-powers from the Worldmind or whatever, than a whole passle of same-same-y Novas.)

It would be cool to see him connect with some other space-faring heroes, like Frankie Raye/Supernova, Moondragon, Quasar (preferably Wendell Vaughn), Paibok the Power-Skrull, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Agreed. My favorite stories with Rich have been on Earth, solo, or on Earth, with the New Warriors, or in space, during Annihilation (or now, on Arakko).

Xandar and the rest of the Nova Corps just never really did it for me. (I was more interested in the *other* Xandarian types, like the Siphon Warriors or the dude with the psi-powers from the Worldmind or whatever, than a whole passle of same-same-y Novas.)

It would be cool to see him connect with some other space-faring heroes, like Frankie Raye/Supernova, Moondragon, Quasar (preferably Wendell Vaughn), Paibok the Power-Skrull, etc.
    Yeah I’m down for Corpless Rider. I think he’s more than earned leader status, I would like to see him doing something like what Carol did with Alpha Flight where he’s in charge of planetary defense.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelprince View Post
    Yeah I’m down for Corpless Rider. I think he’s more than earned leader status, I would like to see him doing something like what Carol did with Alpha Flight where he’s in charge of planetary defense.
    I would LOVE to see this. Rich and his team (not the Corps) out in space making sure interplanetary threats don't even make it to the third rock from the Sun. Sleep well, Earthlings! Nova and the Earth Force are fighting the little green men on your behalf!
    Last edited by Cap808; 08-17-2023 at 11:53 AM.

RCO012_w_1692272034.jpg

Well as its shown in X-MEN RED 14, Rich's tactical leader skills are in full view with several great panels esp this one. The whole going back to the Nova Corps concept is done and dusted now; its become a trope as much as red shirts in Star Treak but as shown in Ewing's Guardians run, if it hadn't abruptly ended, Rich can lead an non-Corps team without question and considering the current GOTG run is frankly dire (Grootfall indeed despite Kev Walkers art though I do like the Space Western theme) there were dozens of more stories to tell with that format.

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    RCO012_w_1692272034.jpg

Well as its shown in X-MEN RED 14, Rich's tactical leader skills are in full view with several great panels esp this one. The whole going back to the Nova Corps concept is done and dusted now; its become a trope as much as red shirts in Star Treak but as shown in Ewing's Guardians run, if it hadn't abruptly ended, Rich can lead an non-Corps team without question and considering the current GOTG run is frankly dire (Grootfall indeed despite Kev Walkers art though I do like the Space Western theme) there were dozens of more stories to tell with that format.
    That was great, but the Arakki have done nothing of note since their first appearance. I’d like to see him lead the Avengers or The Guardians at some point. I know he can do it!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

It's great seeing Nova in X-Men, rather than rotting in limbo or even worse being part of the current GOTG team.

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    It's great seeing Nova in X-Men, rather than rotting in limbo or even worse being part of the current GOTG team.
    Agreed! Okay the space western aspect is fine, just the story execution which is a shame as Lanzing and Kelley's Cap run is way better. The "big" reveal is next issue hpw the team split up so I'm expecting a Nova appearance but the art by Hellcat's Alex Lins which is terrible compared to Annihilation: Nova's Kev Walkers. Al Ewing should do a solo series. Even if it ends up near to his 50th anniversary!

Quote Originally Posted by nova3333 View Post
    Agreed! Okay the space western aspect is fine, just the story execution which is a shame as Lanzing and Kelley's Cap run is way better. The "big" reveal is next issue hpw the team split up so I'm expecting a Nova appearance but the art by Hellcat's Alex Lins which is terrible compared to Annihilation: Nova's Kev Walkers. Al Ewing should do a solo series. Even if it ends up near to his 50th anniversary!
    I am DESPERATE to see Ewing do a solo Nova series.

Only negative thing is, Ewing doesn't show how powerful Rich really is.

I mean back when Rich was just centurion level, he went toe to toe with people like Gladiator. As Nova Prime, there shouldn't be many people that can stand up to him.

Agreed! Vulcan should not have been able to knock Rich around that easily a few issues ago. I'm not necessarily saying Vulcan wouldn't have won in the end, but it shouldn't have been so quick.

Edit: I'm also not sure Ewing understands Nova's powers.

Screenshot_20230820_185245_Comics.jpg

Unless I missed something, molecular decay is what happens if Rich loses his powers. The suit is to keep him from going insane while he has the Nova Force. I don't recall anything about the powers threatening his life.

Of course, it could have just been an excuse to hear any emergency alerts coming in.
    Last edited by Arachne; 08-20-2023 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Agreed! Vulcan should not have been able to knock Rich around that easily a few issues ago. I'm not necessarily saying Vulcan wouldn't have won in the end, but it shouldn't have been so quick.

Unless I missed something, molecular decay is what happens if Rich loses his powers. The suit is to keep him from going insane while he has the Nova Force. I don't recall anything about the powers threatening his life.

Of course, it could have just been an excuse to hear any emergency alerts coming in.
    Yes you're right. Rich can't survive without the Nova force. The suit as you say is there to regulate the power to stop him going crazy.

And agreed again. Whilst I still would have expected Vulcan to ultimately win, Rich should not have gone down so easily. At one point Rich was flying at Vulcan at high speed yet Vulcan was able to kick Rich! Unless Vulcan himself possess super speed, I don't see how that is possible.

Then again, it's not a Nova book. And you can't really have Nova constantly saving the X-Men (as much as I'd love that). It just wouldn't make a good story for the mutants.

Yeah, I'm just going to headcanon that he was listening for an 8x8, in defiance of his therapist, and used the cellular decay as an excuse.

True about it being an x-book, and I wouldn't have wanted to ruin Sunspot's moment. I just wish they came up with another way to take Rich out of the picture. Only so many panels to work with, though.

I've got a silly question. When did Rich cut his hair? I was thinking it was right before Annihilation, but I read Nova vol. 3 #7 (the only one of that run on Marvel Unlimited), and it was short there.

I'm thinking Rich's helmet was tuned in to a 70's light rock music station.

Could definitely see him doing that. Not sure I could see him lying about it.

Ultimate Member

Could definitely see him doing that. Not sure I could see him lying about it.
    And listen to Sunspot's outrage that Rich is only half-listening to his chatter? Or, almost as bad, 'Berto's insistence that Rich's music tastes are trash, and that his own taste in music is so much better? Nah. Just massage the truth.