Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Yeah, I'm just going to headcanon that he was listening for an 8x8, in defiance of his therapist, and used the cellular decay as an excuse.

True about it being an x-book, and I wouldn't have wanted to ruin Sunspot's moment. I just wish they came up with another way to take Rich out of the picture. Only so many panels to work with, though.

I've got a silly question. When did Rich cut his hair? I was thinking it was right before Annihilation, but I read Nova vol. 3 #7 (the only one of that run on Marvel Unlimited), and it was short there.
    He had a pony tail in the NW and also in his solo series. I think he might have cut his hair in the rebooted NW series?

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    He had a pony tail in the NW and also in his solo series. I think he might have cut his hair in the rebooted NW series?
    Yeah! Wasn't a fan of the ponytail. I much preferred the direction that Joe Bennett/Erik Larsen chose for their run in 1999

That's the run I'm referring to. I've only read the final issue, so I was wondering when he got the haircut.

That's the run I'm referring to. I've only read the final issue, so I was wondering when he got the haircut.
    That's another thing I noticed about Rich, whether it's due to the writer's request, or the artists are taking their own liberties, we've seen Rich's hair vary much more than other characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    That's another thing I noticed about Rich, whether it's due to the writer's request, or the artists are taking their own liberties, we've seen Rich's hair vary much more than other characters.
    I think it was the artist. Darrick had his finger on the pulse when it came to fashion. Like Speedball and Firestar wearing leather jackets.

I wasn't a fan of the ponytail, but at the time a lot of guys had that very same hairstyle. Rich even had an ear ring if I remember correctly.

I think it's good that characters change their hairstyle just as we do in real life. Rich even had an ear ring if I remember correctly. A lot of artists don't bother with the these kind of details.

I think it was the artist. Darrick had his finger on the pulse when it came to fashion. Like Speedball and Firestar wearing leather jackets.

I wasn't a fan of the ponytail, but at the time a lot of guys had that very same hairstyle. Rich even had an ear ring if I remember correctly.

I think it's good that characters change their hairstyle just as we do in real life. Rich even had an ear ring if I remember correctly. A lot of artists don't bother with the these kind of details.
    LOL! Richie's earring...

I'll always love the '90s, but there are certain things that should be kept out-of-sight...

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    LOL! Richie's earring...

I'll always love the '90s, but there are certain things that should be kept out-of-sight...
    *Click...Psssh* Okay, just opened a can of worms. How do these invulnerable characters, or characters with healing factors, get earrings and tattoos?

LOL! Richie's earring...
    https://i.imgur.com/KGXzLw4.jpg
    Screenshot_20230824_231243_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Could be worse, could've been a mullet. Maybe we're lucky Rich was in limbo for the 80's...

*Click...Psssh* Okay, just opened a can of worms. How do these invulnerable characters, or characters with healing factors, get earrings and tattoos?
    Ha! I've always wondered that, too. We know Rich can be hurt, though, so theoretically he could get the earring if whoever did the piercing was strong enough. I wonder if there's an underground piercing and tattoo shop for superhumans?

Screenshot_20230824_231243_Marvel Unlimited.jpg

Could be worse, could've been a mullet. Maybe we're lucky Rich was in limbo for the 80's...

Ha! I've always wondered that, too. We know Rich can be hurt, though, so theoretically he could get the earring if whoever did the piercing was strong enough. I wonder if there's an underground piercing and tattoo shop for superhumans?
    Sounds like a new business venture! I'll see if I can get onto the 616 Shark Tank tv show with: Tony Stark, Reed Richards, Wilson Fisk, and Emma Frost.

He's always had a bit of a strange fashion sense. Didn't he used to wear a muscle shirt for a costume at one point?

That never crossed my mind until now!

He's always had a bit of a strange fashion sense. Didn't he used to wear a muscle shirt for a costume at one point?
    Ha! Never was a fan of the "crimson-clad Kid Nova" outfit Richie was sportin'. But, that muscle-shirt was a HUGE improvement (IMHO):
    Last edited by K7P5V; 08-28-2023 at 06:52 PM. Reason: Made Adjustments.

I think this goes back to first Rich being bullied in school, and then to becoming a nobody after losing his powers. With his powers and strength back, his confidence went up, and still harboring the sting of previously being a "loser", he probably felt some satisfaction in showing off the 'guns'.
    Last edited by Cap808; 08-29-2023 at 12:01 PM. Reason: atrocious grammar on my part

I think this goes back to first Rich being bullied in school, and then to becoming a nobody after losing his powers. With his powers and strength back, his confidence went up, and still harboring the sting of previously being a "loser", he probably felt some satisfaction in showing off the 'guns'.
    Yes you're right. Rich was a gym bunny back in the day!

Ha! Never was a fan of the "crimson-clad Kid Nova" outfit Richie was sportin'. But, that muscle-shirt was a HUGE improvement (IMHO):
    That pic brings back happy memories.

The NW really were a great team.