Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by kevlon View Post
    Yes you're right. Rich was a gym bunny back in the day!
    Indeed. Here's proof...

That pic brings back happy memories.

The NW really were a great team.
    Indeed, at least when Nicieza was writing. Same with X-Force. I liked that the Thinker was trying to mentor them, sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Here's proof...
    That scene was fun. Not a great way to protect your secret identity, though.

That pic brings back happy memories.

The NW really were a great team.
    Indeed. Couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Indeed. Couldn't agree more!

This reminds me how close this team was to getting to the next level as a super team. Add Nita to the roster and you've got quite a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Cap808 View Post
    This reminds me how close this team was to getting to the next level as a super team. Add Nita to the roster and you've got quite a team.
    I know, right?! As Richie keeps pointing out, Nita was only out-of-town for a while & would return eventually (LOL):

Ultimate Member

I liked how Nita and Nova were so similar power-wise (flying tank), and yet such distinct and different characters.

Although I also liked some of the later additions, like Silhouette, Timeslip, Ultra Girl, and, much later, Haechi and Sun Girl. (Although Rich never really got to work with the latter, that I know of.)

I'd definitely see Rich associating more with more space/cosmic heroes these days, like Quasar, Frankie Raye/Supernova, etc. He really has outgrown the New Warriors, for the most part, and, no aspersions cast on folks like Firestar and Justice, who have also leveled up, his new territory of 'space' isn't terribly welcoming to most of his old New Warriors teammates...
    Last edited by Sutekh; 08-30-2023 at 08:56 PM.

A lot of them were still developing their powers and we never found out what more they could actually do. Rage? Speedball? Both were destined for greater things. Shame Nicieza left before we got the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I liked how Nita and Nova were so similar power-wise (flying tank), and yet such distinct and different characters.

Although I also liked some of the later additions, like Silhouette, Timeslip, Ultra Girl, and, much later, Haechi and Sun Girl. (Although Rich never really got to work with the latter, that I know of.)

I'd definitely see Rich associating more with more space/cosmic heroes these days, like Quasar, Frankie Raye/Supernova, etc. He really has outgrown the New Warriors, for the most part, and, no aspersions cast on folks like Firestar and Justice, who have also leveled up, his new territory of 'space' isn't terribly welcoming to most of his old New Warriors teammates...
    Oh yes I agree. It wouldn't make sense for Rich to be an earth bound hero now. The odd reunion would be nice though.

Ultimate Member

Oh yes I agree. It wouldn't make sense for Rich to be an earth bound hero now. The odd reunion would be nice though.
    True! I would be neat to see what Vance is up to, these days. The New Warriors had a bunch of mutant members at various times, and the current mutant situation in the US (Canada, the U.K., etc.) is pretty dire, so it could be interesting to see how Justice, Silhouette, Timeslip, Midnight's Fire, Bolt, etc. are coping.

Rita, at least, can go hang in Atlantis, or even in the Atlantean embassy, if there is such a thing still, and avoid mutant-hunters, for the most part, but the rest have to be underground, or, like Firestar, temporarily (pretending!) to work with the bad-guys (which seems less likely).

How would everyone feel about Rich heading back to the Cancerverse and saving World mind? Last we saw World mind had bonded with the Revengers and was pretty pissed off with Rich.

Would we want to see a reunion of Rich and World mind?

A draw back of this is that world mind would probably want to restart to corps - which I don't think I'm ready to see.

And another thing. Rich is a space cop, but I think as Nova Prime he should be above such things. Space cop should be the jobs of the centurion or below ranks. Nova Prime should be dealing with space gods and abstracts.

Remember as a centurion, Rich was able to go toe to toe with people like Gladiator. As Nova Prime he is far above his level.

Just my opinion anyway

How would everyone feel about Rich heading back to the Cancerverse and saving World mind? Last we saw World mind had bonded with the Revengers and was pretty pissed off with Rich.

Would we want to see a reunion of Rich and World mind?

A draw back of this is that world mind would probably want to restart to corps - which I don't think I'm ready to see.

And another thing. Rich is a space cop, but I think as Nova Prime he should be above such things. Space cop should be the jobs of the centurion or below ranks. Nova Prime should be dealing with space gods and abstracts.

Remember as a centurion, Rich was able to go toe to toe with people like Gladiator. As Nova Prime he is far above his level.

Just my opinion anyway
    I like the idea of Rich going back to the Cancerverse and kicking some butt. I would love to see Rich get some satisfaction, maybe even closure, by kicking a lot of butt in the Cancerverse.

However...I do agree with you that if the Worldmind was saved, there would be an urgency to restart the Corps. And in my opinion, Rich and the character of Nova, works best without the Corps.

Just my opinion anyway
    Rich went up against Gladiator's cousin when he was Nova Prime and didn't have an easy time. He also went up against Silver Surfer around that time and only survived because the Surfer didn't want to hurt him. He's not up to handling cosmic level entities by himself, I'm afraid.

I like the idea of Rich going back to the Cancerverse and kicking some butt. I would love to see Rich get some satisfaction, maybe even closure, by kicking a lot of butt in the Cancerverse.

However...I do agree with you that if the Worldmind was saved, there would be an urgency to restart the Corps. And in my opinion, Rich and the character of Nova, works best without the Corps.
    Total agreement.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post
    Rich went up against Gladiator's cousin when he was Nova Prime and didn't have an easy time. He also went up against Silver Surfer around that time and only survived because the Surfer didn't want to hurt him. He's not up to handling cosmic level entities by himself, I'm afraid.

Total agreement.
    I agree. Rich, at his best, has high blunt force power, strength, energy, and speed, but he's not there with matter/reality warpers who are the lowest rung of cosmic, abstract gifted, power levels. And that's ok. Because it shows that even the most advanced mortal civilizations couldn't conjure up something as strong as an abstract creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachne View Post

Total agreement.
    Ah no I'm talking about in Rich's second solo series (I think). He was just a centurion and he went head to head with gladiator. I believe he did lose the fight but it was incredibly close. If he could almost stale mate a fight with gladiator whilst just a centurion, he should be capable of beating him as Nova Prime.

But you're correct. As Prime he did face off against the cousin and whilst he won, it wasn't an easy win.

I don't know. I just think the welder of the entire nova force, a limitless amount of power, he should be capable of battling out with the upper echelons of the universe. But.... that's just my opinion.
    Last edited by kevlon; 09-02-2023 at 03:51 PM.

Ditto. Something like the Lone Ranger, it gives Richard Rider a unique & interesting facet. All that will be lost, once the Corp reappears

Last edited by K7P5V; 09-04-2023 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Added Clarification.