Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Red face Scarlet Witch (2023) #5 Review!

Not Quite.....I've Still Got TWO!

I was SEVERLY Geeking Out over this Entire Issue!

1st the artwork by Russell Dauterman is God Tier Level, OMG he was BORN just Like Sarah to DRAW Wanda!!
    You can tell he truly is taking a Joy in drawing her, He has a true Love for her character I can never thank him enough. Every single little detail, facial expression, hair, and rumble detail is to perfects, this book can make 1,000 Avatars, Posters and Talked about screen shots!

2nd the Ending to the Fight, I LOVE heroes that while they can show they CAN go Toe-to-Toe with the best, even hold back, they have ways to win, they try to find the most constructive solutions to bear the outcome and I love seeing this in heroes. Some of my Favorite heroes finding the best loving, peaceful solutions to conflicts, Wanda here reminds me So much of how Sailor Moon would resolve allot of her conflicts.
    As for the Ending, well I am certain it will get many talking!

This issue was Gorgeous and Deserves to be Geeked over Every, Single, Panel! =D
    "By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Great issue, great art, feels like the set up chapter of a greater narrative has reached his conclusion, I’m still astonished by Wanda’s mastery over the chaos magic residing within her very being, she’s come such a long way…..Did you guys notice her expression when Darcy offered to investigate the metal, something tells me Wanda already knows more about the cave and his current occupant than she is actually letting on.
    Thanks CJ for the review, having a thread to discuss the issue feel really good.
    Last edited by Daedra; 05-03-2023 at 07:07 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Gorgeous issue! And a treat to see Wanda tested and victorious. Great cap on what'll be a sweet first TPB, hope it gets into as many hands as possible.

What with that ending???

IS HIM???

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DarkMagnus View Post
    What with that ending???

IS HIM???
    Joseph maybe? he looks younger but he was decapitated by Kwannon.

Great issue! So will they spin the wheel of fathers for Wanda again?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

"So wiggle your nose and nod your head." Samantha and Genie would approve.

I literally LOL'd on that one.

100 out of 10. Chef's kisses perfection...right down to the final page WTAF? reveal.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

It's a fun issue and a good wrap up to the opening arc.

It was a very good issue. My first guess on the last panel was Joseph too. Just because I know Marvel likes to tease so much.
    Love is for souls, not bodies.

Excellent issue as usual. I only haven’t like one issue in this run (#3). Art was phenomenal. And the ending was a shock!
    “Generally, one knows me before hating me” -Quicksilver

Outstanding.

This is the culmination of the first arc and it really is in every way. Scythia and Wanda have their tussle and it looks like Scythia has the upper hand thanks to the anti-magic rock until Wanda gives her an ultimatum. Either she makes right choice now and stands down or she will die right there. Wanda will never back down when it comes to protecting people and will do whatever is necessary for that even if that includes a self-sacrifice or killing the aggressor.
    But this was also test of character for Scythia herself. As Wanda demonstrates by instantly healing all her and Scythias wounds, she never really was in danger and could have stomped Scythia like an ant right at their first meeting but violence is not Wandas favorite tool. Instead she was giving Scythia a chance to see error of her ways and redeem herself by still making the right choice in the end. A character trait that has been consistent in this entire run so far and is also totally in line with Wandas own history. Really great work and shows deep understanding of the character.

I mean if someone tried to kill my friend and me and endangered everyone in their immediate surroundings then I would definitely blow up their ass and wouldn't feel sorry for it. So that shows that Wanda is certainly a better person than I would be in her shoes
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Great issue, great art, feels like the set up chapter of a greater narrative has reached his conclusion, I’m still astonished by Wanda’s mastery over the chaos magic residing within her very being, she’s come such a long way…..Did you guys notice her expression when Darcy offered to investigate the metal, something tells me Wanda already knows more about the cave and his current occupant than she is actually letting on.
    Thanks CJ for the review, having a thread to discuss the issue feel really good.
    That's good catch. Wandas reaction to Darcys request is quite curious. Not sure if she really knows something she isn't telling or if she is just starting to suspect something. Maybe that will tie-in with Hexfinder who is an alchemist and witchhunter?

Also did you all read that letter at the end? Apparently Necrodamus set up a meet with Agatha to talk about Wanda. Interested in seeing why these two now start to care about Wandas activities.
    "This is me being reasonable"

Quote Originally Posted by Galerion View Post
    That's good catch. Wandas reaction to Darcys request is quite curious. Not sure if she really knows something she isn't telling or if she is just starting to suspect something. Maybe that will tie-in with Hexfinder who is an alchemist and witchhunter?

Also did you all read that letter at the end? Apparently Necrodamus set up a meet with Agatha to talk about Wanda. Interested in seeing why these two now start to care about Wandas activities.
    I never knew about Necrodamus existence prior to this letter, after reading his bio and the mention of a “ritual of power” that may change him into a god if successful I can only speculate how his interest in Wanda may be related to his sorcerous ambitions
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Thanks Daedra & I am Joyful & Honored to Make the Thread, Wanda's Solo is Such a MasterPiece right now our Wanda Deserves every moment she can get to talk about her & how here issues are turning our for her 2023 Solo, This is is HISTORIC RUN we will be talking about for Years to come & we where THEIR when it came out!

Indeed this Issue Ate Eveything Good that is about our Wanda and Russell Shows that he Truly Loves Wanda to a God-Tier Level Artist of a Degree, can't ever thank him enough for what he has done for her! ^_^

I also noticed Wanda's Look Daedra and the many things it can mean, but what makes it SO Good is that you Know Russell & Orlando as SO Good at what they are doing with Wanda they are not Wasting such a moment, ever wink & piece of text has a meaning, why I love this series so much, love and care was truly put into it.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

Quote Originally Posted by Alex_Of_X View Post
    Gorgeous issue! And a treat to see Wanda tested and victorious. Great cap on what'll be a sweet first TPB, hope it gets into as many hands as possible.
    Indeed Alex_Of_X, what I truly like about this issue & the factor for many heroes is when they get tested in various different ways with then having to figure out different ways to achieve a success & that success that spell out uniquely differently like it did here in a Lovely Sailor Moon like way. I like seeing Wanda showing her Martail Arts and Fighting skill, like her foe said magic users get greatly underestimate that they are glass cannon's that can't throw or take a punch.

But Wanda shows she was trained by the best, knows how to bring her best and can take any heat in fists thrown at her. Wanda'sBeauty is on Goddess-Tier Leveles, but she can get down and dirty in a fight while not caring how it might hurt her. Yea Wanda can heal, but to take such punishment and to feel such pain to make points and show how she CAN do it is truly character building for our Wanda, shows just how skilled, strong & powerful in so many different ways Wanda~Truly~Is!